• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: WoPC is Closing

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Last year, Squirrel first mentioned the idea of a region-making forum. Shortly after he left staff, the idea came to fruition thanks to his groundwork and a lot of effort from Dragon. Over the last 8 months we have worked hard to try and make this place bustling and lively, but unfortunately the activity has fizzled over the latter half of that time, and now it's time to lay this forum to rest.

Thank you to all those who have participated in The World of PokéCommunity - the ideas you've come up with, for your own regions, your friend's regions, events and contests, have been amazing. Without you guys this forum would have never even gotten off the ground.

We don't want all your hard work to go to waste, so before this forum closes we're offering a few options to take, if you so wish.

If you'd like to continue the development of your region, its lore and stories connected to it as a solo project we will move your thread to The Writer's Lounge for the time being.
    If you'd prefer to continue your region as a roleplaying venture, we will move your thread over to Roleplay Casting. Where it could continue however you/the roleplay mods see fit.

If you'd like your thread moved, please PM me with your chosen location. The remaining threads will be archived with the forum. If you'd like to make copies of your OPs I'd recommend you do it now.

Thanks for your times, guys, it's been fun!
    Mana & Dragon

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sad to see it go, but it makes sense.

The main problem with WoPC is that it's time consuming; it's not something you can just hop in and out of whenever you want. I haven't been active in it for months, as I simply haven't had the time for all the world building I'd intended. I was eventually going to return to flesh it out more, and I'll still carry it on into other sections as I'd originally intended, but it simply doesn't work when everyone has to take gaps between when they can dedicate themselves to a forum such as this. It's fantastic when everyone's active and able to work collaboratively, but with a limited number of people interested, and fewer who are able to jump right in considering how much depends upon the people who run the regions themselves, it stalls and eventually fails.

As a concept, though, it's great, and I'd like to see it implemented in other, more manageable ways in the future, perhaps as a subsection in the RPT or the like.

But, for now, farewell World of PC.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm a bit sad seeing it go this way, but I have to agree with the decision. It was fun while it lasted, but it just wasn't meant to be. I can't express how grateful I am to the people that have supported my efforts with my own region -- I ended up making a lot of friends and a lot of great memories in such a short time.

And I agree with Naku. This doesn't have to be the end, and it would be nice to see the general idea resurrected in some form elsewhere, such as a subset of the RPT.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Even though the forum is closing, I hope nobody feels like it's closing because it was a failure. I feel like World of PC was a huge success. It just wasn't sustainable in the long-run. We had great fun, it drew people in from all across the forums, it got many of us into writing and role-playing and being creative where we wouldn't have otherwise, we made friends who we probably would never have even met without WoPC. No regrets here, my WoPC days were some of the funnest times I've had on PC :)

And this certainly isn't the end for our regions. Even for the ones that get archived, they can still be used as the settings for RPs, fangames, ROM hacks, and the like! Most of my efforts for Auria will be going towards my fangame which I probably never would have even had the motivation to start developing if it hadn't been for World of PC ^^

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • I only posted in this part of the forum once or twice, but for a brief time(and as you can see by my avatar) I did consider joining the fun and it was during that thread creation process that I was able to flesh out more of my already-in-the-works region even though I ultimately chose not to submit it, so what I'm trying to say is thank you guys for opening up WoPC in the first place.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I saw this coming from miles away, it was unavoidable, but that doesn't make its disappearance less sad. I had tons of fun with this section during it's blooming activity, definitely the best Summer I've ever had! Not only was it a beautiful excuse to spout my creativity and work out more of Raoga's history, but I also met tons of amazing people to share the fun with. :)

The World may be dying, but its regions are certainly not. I'm certain lots of them will live on elsewhere, either as a story or a hack/fangame, and I'll definitely continue to pay them a visit (or at least lurk around there). Raoga for one, has never truly left Pokémon Trivia, where the Quest continues. :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • bye wopc :( all the creativity and love made for fun times. and forever happy about making many new friends :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Gonna give another 24 hours or so for people to PM if they'd like their thread move. Thanks for making this place fun guys o/.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Aww... It was quite inactive though... Hope some of the bigger regions get carried over to roleplaying or WL

Back