• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile What do you think of the game so far?

Years
What are your first impressions? Are you liking the game so far? For those who played the original Snap, what do you think of this game in comparison?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I LOVE IT it feels so authentic to the old Snap and brings in all the of the quality of life features I remember dying for! I feel like this New Snap is what Nintendo has always wanted the Pokemon world to look like.

Years
I'm really enjoying it so far. It's got such a chill vibe to it, I don't feel the need to grind or anything I can just boot it up whenever I feel and snap a few pictures of some cute pokemon.

Also I really wasn't expecting the pokemon to be so dynamic. Every time I see a pokemon curl up and roll down a hill I fall in love <3 (looking at you Sandshrew and Cacnea)

Years
Really loving it so far, even though I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd have liked.

I can see me spending a lot of time attempting to perfect the Photodex pics once complete I think!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've had it since release day and I have been loving it. I was kinda expecting it to be meh content wise, but there is a lot in this game. So many different interactions! The game is visually outstanding. Overall I feel it lives up to the original, 10/10.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
haven't gotten it yet, but I've been watching streams, the only thing I have problem with that I've seen is the rating system.

I don't like that they've automatically attached stars to certain photos just based on the event, turns it from taking the photos you want, into just collecting high star photos.

Also the game doesn't seem to have a way to choose if a photo is good, other than the event/star system. So a lot of times the worst photos can be the best just because it decided a special event was occurring at the time the photo was taken.

The game would be much better just by removing star ranking in my opinion.

That said I'll probably still enjoy it a lot, and will probably ignore stars for my plays.

Actually it would be better if you got stars for the course instead.

Years
Finally got around to playing this. Loving it so far. The illumina pokemon are really pretty =)

Spoiler:

So many intricacies too, where if you do things a bit differently in a course, something else happens. Different mons/poses etc.
Also love how the courses keep evolving as you level them up. Different paths and different mons =)

Wish they would let me upload more than 1 pic of a mon at a time though. like, quite often I have 1 and 2 star pictures after doing a course. but I can only put 1 in the photo book, so have to redo whichever star I don't pick. Would rather just upload a pic for both star categories at once.

Back