• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What are your favorite things about G/S/C?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
My top three favourite aspects of the games were the following:

The introduction of Steel-types(which is my second favourite type after Psychic)
Finally being able to play as a girl(only in Crystal though)
The best postgame to date because we could return to Kanto. ^_^

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I think playing as a female was a really huge thing, well for me it was anyway. I've always been a bit more attracted to feminine/female characters and this was just the thing the Pokemon games needed to make everyone feel more welcome imo.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
The D/N feature, a female protag as an additional option, but the best would be the introduction of Dark (& Steel) Types, because Psychics dominated in Gen I.

Pika Pika :chu:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
- Day/night
- Most of the Pokemon designs
- Playing as a girl in Crystal,
- Easier PC usage than R/B/Y
- Shiny Pokemon
- Visiting Kanto after the Pokemon league, giving the game more post story content than other games

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
The whole aesthetic of the gen was amazing, and day and night was swell too

Yeah this mostly. Still to this day there's something that just get me with the aesthetic of those games.

The day and night circle was amazing, with the different Pokemon you can catch and the difference of speech/events (like the police trainer challenging you at night only).
I loved the way you could re-challenge some npc that will call you on your phone and I remember one npc's venonat evolved into a venomoth if I recall right, or did I imagine this? I loved the concept of the days of the week too and the phone (come on we all have memories with Joey). The bug catching contest was something I just couldn't stop doing! Such details like those ones is what makes those games memorable.

Back