• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA who is she

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

what would you change your un to if you ever did

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
what first got you interested in programming?
its been so long i honestly have no clue
and what are your biggest frustrations with it?
when I run the same code twice without changing anything and it implodes the second time after working perfectly the first time
also anything involving any language that isnt ruby or python
any advice you can offer potential programmers?
come up with your own goals and projects, don't just do stuff out of a course workbook. once you've developed a basic understanding of how things work, finding the actual code you need via searching documentation is easy, but you're only going to get that basic understanding by experimenting. workbooks, at least the ones i've used, tend to focus on the specifics of different functions and objects, (which is useless when google exists) rather than the underlying theory that you need to learn to be any good.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
how will you feel once I beat you in terms of areas covered on pc?
its 5 to 3 you better get a move on is all i can say
why are you in some remote-ass area of Canada that makes it really hard to visit?
all i get from that is that you're not trying hard enough to visit me
what is a long-term goal of yours?
go experience more stuff and maybe meditate under a tree until i reach spiritual enlightenment

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
oooo yay my babe has an ama <3

favorite food? favorite book and author? why is said book your favorite book? how much do ya like me? you'renotrequiredtoanswerthatlastoneifyoudon'twantto

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
my favorite food is watermelon.

sadly idk about books because its been so long since i was into reading.. I really liked Sheffield's book Between the Strokes of Night which I read a few years ago.

11/10

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
but do you know Her?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
but do you know Her?
sadly yes
Who is the woman in the "I don't know her" gif?
mariah carey
As a programmer, what's something beyond your knowledge that you'd like to create?
at some point I'd like to make a new discord bot from scratch rather than basing it on a discontinued open source one. even if it does take ages, i want more control and less bloat, and I can't do that with my current bot.

also I've done very little game development outside of pokemon fangames, and I have a lot of original game ideas that I want to research in the future. that's pretty much the to do list for this summer.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Would you do it with javascript since you're familiar with discord.js already? I think you could definitely do it, most of the stuff (besides the community oriented commands such as !johnny :p) you can think of has already been done by someone else. Heck, someone even beat us to the punch with the mafia bot, rip.
i'd actually like to write it in ruby. i'm familiar with javascript but i also kinda hate it.

the tricky part to implement isn't the commands themselves, it's the admin control panel. i don't need to hardcode in any commands into porygon because i just add them as extensions to the ACP - a system like that is much of what i would have trouble implementing from scratch.
I'd also like to get into game dev at some point, but there's so much to learn that I either get carried away by something else or I procrastinate like a boss.
relateable af.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What would you do if you were Adri for a day?

Back