• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you make the Ice type better?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • What the thread title says. And honestly, I would MOST DEFINITELY make Ice resist Normal. I mean, if it was called the snow type I would understand, but no, I'm very sure a non trained person punching Ice would hurt, probably as much as on Rock or Steel because it would probably be too cold to touch.

So how would you guys improve Ice as a type?

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    After dealing with Galarian Darmanitan, I really don't think Ice as a typing needs buffs. Sure, it has a lot of weaknesses and in my opinion is the worse defensive typing, it's probably the best offensive typing to balance it. Pretty much every Pokémon that can learn an Ice move uses it as coverage and Pokémon that can reliably abuse Ice STAB are really hard to wall.

I think they just need to release better Ice Pokémon, basically.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Water resists Ice, but Ice doesn't resist water. Adjusting that so they both resist each other, or both are neutral against each other, is something that'd make more sense to me.

Back