The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1426    
Old June 17th, 2009 (7:43 AM).
HackChu's Avatar
HackChu HackChu is offline
I need a haircut...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bankrupt Amerika
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 673
also dont forget,when using fadescreen commands to use hidesprite 0x800f,cuz if you do it just regular hidesprite the screen will jack up.
__________________
Join us!

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss

Relevant Advertising!

  #1427    
Old June 17th, 2009 (7:43 AM).
Xatoku's Avatar
Xatoku Xatoku is offline
Game Developer
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canada
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 451
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
    Since there's nothing like that in the game, you should make your own routine. Welcome to the amazing world of ASM.
    It's gonna be a looong Summer XD
      #1428    
    Old June 17th, 2009 (8:12 AM). Edited June 17th, 2009 by ckret2.
    ckret2's Avatar
    ckret2 ckret2 is offline
    usually pronounced "secret 2"
       
      Join Date: Dec 2008
      Location: You Are Here
      Age: 27
      Gender:
      Nature: Rash
      Posts: 518
      Edit: Fixed! Thank you, Larsie13!

      I've been working on this script for a while, and no matter what I do it always messes up just a little. When I get the yes/no option, say I click on "no" when the yes/no box comes up, the rom will read off the dialogue at @nosteal like it's supposed to, then it'll go to @steal and on to @cansteal. Or if I click on "yes" and the rom reads off @steal and @cansteal, it'll then read off the data under @nosteal as well. I think I've fixed it up, but is there anything here that might cause a problem?

      Spoiler:
      #dynamic 0x725538
      #org @start
      trainerbattle 0x0 0x9E 0x0 @before @after
      msgbox @wannasteal 0x5
      compare 0x800D 0x1
      if 0x1 goto @steal
      if 0x0 goto @nosteal

      #org @nosteal
      msgbox @nostealthanks 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @steal
      countpokemon
      compare 0x800D 0x6
      if 0x1 goto @cantsteal
      if 0x0 goto @cansteal

      #org @cantsteal
      msgbox @toomanypoke 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @cansteal
      fanfare 0x13E
      msgbox @yousteal 0x6
      waitfanfare
      givepokemon 0x34 0x11 0x3 0x0 0x0 0x0
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @before
      = [red_fr]I bent some twigs as trail\nmarkers, but I can't find them.\pCould you help me find[.]\pOh, no! You're a ROCKET?!

      #org @after
      = Next time, I'll look for my trail\nmarkers by myself!

      #org @wannasteal
      = [red_fr]I'm sorry I bothered you on your\nimportant T-TEAM ROCKET business.\lI won't do it again, I promise!\p[.] What? You[.] you want to steal\nmy MEOWTH?!

      #org @yousteal
      = [black_fr][PLAYER] stole MEOWTH\nfrom PICNICKER SOFIA!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: I'm so sorry, MEOWTH[.]

      #org @nostealthanks
      = [red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @toomanypoke
      = [black_fr]You can't steal this MEOWTH!\nYour party is full!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @runoff
      = [black_fr]SOFIA ran away in terror!


      Here's how it's supposed to work: after battle, if you talk to the sprite and say "yes," to the question of if you want to steal the Pokémon the game will check to see if you have six Pokémon in your party. If you do, it'll say you have too many and you won't steal the Pokémon. If you don't, you'll get a level 17 Meowth holding a Great Ball. (Because Pickup gets weird things.) If you say "no" to the initial question, the trainer thanks you. No matter which of the three options you go with (yes but the party's full, yes and the party's not full, or no), the sprite disappears and the flag is set. I think this script should finally get it to work, but that's what I thought before I tinkered with it. Are there any visible problems with it?

      By the way, is there any way to tell how many bytes a script will take up before you compile it, other than figuring out how many bytes each command is and adding it up manually?
      __________________

      This one is my hack.


      This one is the hack I part-time map for.

      I got an Illumise?
      Pretty awesome.
      Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
        #1429    
      Old June 17th, 2009 (11:39 AM).
      Larsie13 Larsie13 is offline
      Gone
       
      Join Date: Oct 2006
      Location: The Netherlands
      Age: 27
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 159
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ckret2 View Post
      I've been working on this script for a while, and no matter what I do it always messes up just a little. When I get the yes/no option, say I click on "no" when the yes/no box comes up, the rom will read off the dialogue at @nosteal like it's supposed to, then it'll go to @steal and on to @cansteal. Or if I click on "yes" and the rom reads off @steal and @cansteal, it'll then read off the data under @nosteal as well. I think I've fixed it up, but is there anything here that might cause a problem?

      Spoiler:
      #dynamic 0x725538
      #org @start
      trainerbattle 0x0 0x9E 0x0 @before @after
      msgbox @wannasteal 0x5
      compare 0x800D 0x1
      if 0x1 goto @steal
      if 0x0 goto @nosteal

      #org @nosteal
      msgbox @nostealthanks 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @steal
      countpokemon
      compare 0x800D 0x6
      if 0x1 goto @cantsteal
      if 0x0 goto @cansteal

      #org @cantsteal
      msgbox @toomanypoke 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @cansteal
      fanfare 0x13E
      msgbox @yousteal 0x6
      waitfanfare
      givepokemon 0x34 0x11 0x3 0x0 0x0 0x0
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @before
      = [red_fr]I bent some twigs as trail\nmarkers, but I can't find them.\pCould you help me find[.]\pOh, no! You're a ROCKET?!

      #org @after
      = Next time, I'll look for my trail\nmarkers by myself!

      #org @wannasteal
      = [red_fr]I'm sorry I bothered you on your\nimportant T-TEAM ROCKET business.\lI won't do it again, I promise!\p[.] What? You[.] you want to steal\nmy MEOWTH?!

      #org @yousteal
      = [black_fr][PLAYER] stole MEOWTH\nfrom PICNICKER SOFIA!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: I'm so sorry, MEOWTH[.]

      #org @nostealthanks
      = [red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @toomanypoke
      = [black_fr]You can't steal this MEOWTH!\nYour party is full!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @runoff
      = [black_fr]SOFIA ran away in terror!


      Here's how it's supposed to work: after battle, if you talk to the sprite and say "yes," to the question of if you want to steal the Pokémon the game will check to see if you have six Pokémon in your party. If you do, it'll say you have too many and you won't steal the Pokémon. If you don't, you'll get a level 17 Meowth holding a Great Ball. (Because Pickup gets weird things.) If you say "no" to the initial question, the trainer thanks you. No matter which of the three options you go with (yes but the party's full, yes and the party's not full, or no), the sprite disappears and the flag is set. I think this script should finally get it to work, but that's what I thought before I tinkered with it. Are there any visible problems with it?

      By the way, is there any way to tell how many bytes a script will take up before you compile it, other than figuring out how many bytes each command is and adding it up manually?
      2 "if"s in a row don't work. Change it to this:

      Spoiler:
      #dynamic 0x725538
      #org @start
      trainerbattle 0x0 0x9E 0x0 @before @after
      msgbox @wannasteal 0x5
      compare 0x800D 0x1
      if 0x1 goto @steal
      goto @nosteal

      #org @nosteal
      msgbox @nostealthanks 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @steal
      countpokemon
      compare 0x800D 0x6
      if 0x1 goto @cantsteal
      goto @cansteal

      #org @cantsteal
      msgbox @toomanypoke 0x6
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @cansteal
      fanfare 0x13E
      msgbox @yousteal 0x6
      waitfanfare
      givepokemon 0x34 0x11 0x3 0x0 0x0 0x0
      fadescreen 0x1
      hidesprite 0x800F
      fadescreen 0x0
      msgbox @runoff 0x6
      setflag 0x20B
      release
      end

      #org @before
      = [red_fr]I bent some twigs as trail\nmarkers, but I can't find them.\pCould you help me find[.]\pOh, no! You're a ROCKET?!

      #org @after
      = Next time, I'll look for my trail\nmarkers by myself!

      #org @wannasteal
      = [red_fr]I'm sorry I bothered you on your\nimportant T-TEAM ROCKET business.\lI won't do it again, I promise!\p[.] What? You[.] you want to steal\nmy MEOWTH?!

      #org @yousteal
      = [black_fr][PLAYER] stole MEOWTH\nfrom PICNICKER SOFIA!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: I'm so sorry, MEOWTH[.]

      #org @nostealthanks
      = [red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @toomanypoke
      = [black_fr]You can't steal this MEOWTH!\nYour party is full!\p[red_fr]SOFIA: Oh, thank goodness!\pI'll make sure the next time I\nmark a path through ROCK TUNNEL,\lI don't cross YOUR path!

      #org @runoff
      = [black_fr]SOFIA ran away in terror!

      Also, you could try debugging the script (button next to the compile-button), and add all "+X" numbers, then you'll know how many bytes it will use. You will also be able to spot some errors that way. It takes a little time, but I don;t think there's an other way.
        #1430    
      Old June 17th, 2009 (11:42 AM).
      BlitŻ's Avatar
      BlitŻ BlitŻ is offline
      guahh my dog is so cute
       
      Join Date: Feb 2009
      Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 472
      I'm having a problem with a give item script. an since this is the part that is not working I'm only gonna show you the problem

      I'm using XSE and this is fire red

      giveitem 0x4 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN

      it says here that it's a type mismatch error and I'm missing a #define, I'm using version 1.1.1 of XSE.

      I looked at other guides and I'm using the exact same words as the tuts but it still won't work.

      Once I replaced the msg obtain with 0x6 adn it compiled but In game it sad the previous message twice and it still didn't give me the item
      __________________
        #1431    
      Old June 17th, 2009 (11:44 AM).
      Larsie13 Larsie13 is offline
      Gone
       
      Join Date: Oct 2006
      Location: The Netherlands
      Age: 27
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 159
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jebees View Post
      I'm having a problem with a give item script. an since this is the part that is not working I'm only gonna show you the problem

      I'm using XSE and this is fire red

      giveitem 0x4 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN

      it says here that it's a type mismatch error and I'm missing a #define, I'm using version 1.1.1 of XSE.

      I looked at other guides and I'm using the exact same words as the tuts but it still won't work.

      Once I replaced the msg obtain with 0x6 adn it compiled but In game it sad the previous message twice and it still didn't give me the item
      Don't use 0x6; use 0x0 or 0x1 for giveitem. And for the MSG_OBTAIN not being recognized: You need XSE's "std.rbh" to be in the same folder as XSE.exe is. In other words, extract the entire archive into a folder.
        #1432    
      Old June 17th, 2009 (12:11 PM).
      BlitŻ's Avatar
      BlitŻ BlitŻ is offline
      guahh my dog is so cute
       
      Join Date: Feb 2009
      Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 472
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post
      Don't use 0x6; use 0x0 or 0x1 for giveitem. And for the MSG_OBTAIN not being recognized: You need XSE's "std.rbh" to be in the same folder as XSE.exe is. In other words, extract the entire archive into a folder.

      Oh okay that makes a bit more sense.

      I think this problem happened becasue before I was using XSE 1.1.0, but when I found out the new one was out I switched
      __________________
        #1433    
      Old June 17th, 2009 (4:59 PM).
      PlatniumPiano's Avatar
      PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
      You are now breathing manually
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Location: Yesterday
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 480
        Code:
        '---------------
        #org 0x6B0B1C
        #raw 0x2
        #raw pointer 0x86B0B22
        #raw 0x0
        '---------------
        #org 0x6B0B22
        #raw word 0x8888
        #raw word 0x0
        #raw pointer 0x8804256
        #raw word 0x0
        '---------------
        #org 0x804256
        setvar 0x7890 0x1
        checkflag 0x800
        if 0x1 goto 0x8804266
        end
        '---------------
        #org 0x804266
        setflag 0x3AE
        end
        This level script is still not working. When flag 800 is set, the sprite is still there. Help?
        __________________

        If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
          #1434    
        Old June 17th, 2009 (5:46 PM).
        HackChu's Avatar
        HackChu HackChu is offline
        I need a haircut...
         
        Join Date: Jan 2007
        Location: Bankrupt Amerika
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 673
        Uh,you didn't setflag 800,and plus the OW has to have 0800 as ppl id.
        __________________
        Join us!

        My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

        SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
        Name: Ethan

        Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
        Name: Ashton

        White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
        Name: Nate

        3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
        Name: tysonrss
          #1435    
        Old June 17th, 2009 (5:50 PM).
        PlatniumPiano's Avatar
        PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
        You are now breathing manually
           
          Join Date: Dec 2008
          Location: Yesterday
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 480
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by tyson View Post
          Uh,you didn't setflag 800,and plus the OW has to have 0800 as ppl id.
          I set flag 800 on map 1.3 the level script is on map 1.8, and I assigned the OW the person ID as 3AE, so I set flag 3AE only if 800 has already been set.
          __________________

          If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
            #1436    
          Old June 18th, 2009 (12:36 AM).
          ExitWound's Avatar
          ExitWound ExitWound is offline
          Boggle
             
            Join Date: Aug 2007
            Age: 26
            Posts: 79
            I am trying to make a script where a guy is just standing there and when you get 2 spaces in front of him, he'll approach you, talk for a little while, then battle. After the battle, he will leave but I haven't gotten that far yet because I am stuck on one problem:

            When the battle is over, I no longer have control over my character but control over him... I'm getting quite frustrated so could somebody please help me? Here is my script:

            Spoiler:
            #org $start
            checkflag 0x4000
            if b_true goto $nevermind
            message $alert
            boxset 6
            applymovement 37 $approach
            message $battle
            boxset 6
            trainerbattle 0x9 0x01D $won $won
            message $after
            boxset 6
            setflag 0x4000
            release
            end

            #org $approach
            #raw 0x08
            #raw 0x08
            #raw 0xFE

            #org $alert
            $alert 1 = You!

            #org $battle
            $battle 1 = You're \v\h01 right?\p...\pBattle me!

            #org $won
            $won 1 = ...

            #org $after
            $after 1 = Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!

            #org $nevermind
            release
            end
              #1437    
            Old June 18th, 2009 (4:18 AM).
            Diegoisawesome's Avatar
            Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is online now
            Oh god the bees
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Location: :noitacoL
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,041
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ExitWound View Post
            I am trying to make a script where a guy is just standing there and when you get 2 spaces in front of him, he'll approach you, talk for a little while, then battle. After the battle, he will leave but I haven't gotten that far yet because I am stuck on one problem:

            When the battle is over, I no longer have control over my character but control over him... I'm getting quite frustrated so could somebody please help me? Here is my script:

            Spoiler:
            #org $start
            checkflag 0x4000
            if b_true goto $nevermind
            message $alert
            boxset 6
            applymovement 37 $approach
            message $battle
            boxset 6
            trainerbattle 0x9 0x01D $won $won
            message $after
            boxset 6
            setflag 0x4000
            release
            end

            #org $approach
            #raw 0x08
            #raw 0x08
            #raw 0xFE

            #org $alert
            $alert 1 = You!

            #org $battle
            $battle 1 = You're \v\h01 right?\p...\pBattle me!

            #org $won
            $won 1 = ...

            #org $after
            $after 1 = Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!

            #org $nevermind
            release
            end
            It has nothing to do with your script. Just change the guy that you have control of from Face down to No movement in A-Map.
            __________________


            My other resources:
            My Website
            diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
            diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
            The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
            Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
            GBA Intro Manager
            The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
              #1438    
            Old June 18th, 2009 (7:42 AM).
            HackMew's Avatar
            HackMew HackMew is offline
            Mewtwo Strikes Back
             
            Join Date: Jun 2006
            Posts: 1,314
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
            It has nothing to do with your script. Just change the guy that you have control of from Face down to No movement in A-Map.
            Sorry but... no. Just set the Movement to 11.
            __________________
              #1439    
            Old June 18th, 2009 (10:20 AM).
            Quickster's Avatar
            Quickster Quickster is offline
            Dream or Drop?
               
              Join Date: Oct 2007
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 351
              Would it be possible to make a pokemon follow you in a small house? I heard that you need a lot a scripts or level scripts but i just want it to happen in houses.
              __________________
              I laugh looking at this.

              But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                #1440    
              Old June 18th, 2009 (10:40 AM).
              HackMew's Avatar
              HackMew HackMew is offline
              Mewtwo Strikes Back
               
              Join Date: Jun 2006
              Posts: 1,314
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
              Would it be possible to make a pokemon follow you in a small house? I heard that you need a lot a scripts or level scripts but i just want it to happen in houses.
              Or, to put it shorter... ASM.
              __________________
                #1441    
              Old June 18th, 2009 (10:48 AM).
              Quickster's Avatar
              Quickster Quickster is offline
              Dream or Drop?
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2007
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 351
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                Or, to put it shorter... ASM.
                It seems ASM is the solution to a lot of thing,are there any guides?

                EDIT: I fuond yours,ill look into it.

                EDIT2:another question,is there a script to check happiness?
                __________________
                I laugh looking at this.

                But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                  #1442    
                Old June 18th, 2009 (11:18 AM). Edited June 18th, 2009 by ExitWound.
                ExitWound's Avatar
                ExitWound ExitWound is offline
                Boggle
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                  Age: 26
                  Posts: 79
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                  Sorry but... no. Just set the Movement to 11.
                  Acctually, it worked either way. But now, the script stops after the battle. He doesn't say, "Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!"
                    #1443    
                  Old June 18th, 2009 (12:16 PM).
                  HackMew's Avatar
                  HackMew HackMew is offline
                  Mewtwo Strikes Back
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2006
                  Posts: 1,314
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
                  It seems ASM is the solution to a lot of thing,are there any guides?

                  EDIT: I fuond yours,ill look into it.

                  EDIT2:another question,is there a script to check happiness?
                  Oh, well... that's because you can do basically anything with ASM. There's a special to check happiness in the game already.


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ExitWound View Post
                  Acctually, it worked either way. But now, the script stops after the battle. He doesn't say, "Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!"
                  Using "No movement" is not a good solution anyway. Try converting your script to XSE (see the tuts) and then compile it again using XSE instead. PokéScript is outdated so you can't expect much from it except bugs.
                  __________________
                    #1444    
                  Old June 18th, 2009 (12:20 PM).
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                  Im comin' home...
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 1,816
                  Here is a biggie for the ASM people out there.

                  Any way to change a pokemon's species without corrupting the pokemon to bad egg?
                  (Like, changing the checksum...)
                  __________________
                  >Boot Jailbot
                  >Pass *****
                  .
                  .
                  Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                  Greetings Warden
                  of Superjail Penitentiary
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >Display User_Info
                  ╠══User Info══╣
                  Username:
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL
                  Age: 18
                  Sex: Male ♂
                  Race: Caucasian
                  Quote:
                  "What is this
                  I don't even..."

                  M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                  ╠══End of File══╣
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >
                    #1445    
                  Old June 18th, 2009 (12:58 PM).
                  Quickster's Avatar
                  Quickster Quickster is offline
                  Dream or Drop?
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2007
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 351
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                    Oh, well... that's because you can do basically anything with ASM. There's a special to check happiness in the game already.




                    Using "No movement" is not a good solution anyway. Try converting your script to XSE (see the tuts) and then compile it again using XSE instead. PokéScript is outdated so you can't expect much from it except bugs.
                    Do you know that special?
                    __________________
                    I laugh looking at this.

                    But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                      #1446    
                    Old June 18th, 2009 (1:34 PM).
                    HackMew's Avatar
                    HackMew HackMew is offline
                    Mewtwo Strikes Back
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                    Posts: 1,314
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                    Here is a biggie for the ASM people out there.

                    Any way to change a pokemon's species without corrupting the pokemon to bad egg?
                    (Like, changing the checksum...)
                    Sure thing. I even gave you an example with the only difference the exp points were changed rather than species. Basically you read the Pokémon species, you decrypt it, change it and encrypt again. Then you need to updated the checksum accordingly.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
                    Do you know that special?
                    It's 0xE6. Decompile the Daisy's script at 0x168E46, FR US v1.0, for a working example.
                    __________________
                      #1447    
                    Old June 18th, 2009 (1:35 PM).
                    Quickster's Avatar
                    Quickster Quickster is offline
                    Dream or Drop?
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 351
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                      Sure thing. I even gave you an example with the only difference the exp points were changed rather than species. Basically you read the Pokémon species, you decrypt it, change it and encrypt again. Then you need to updated the checksum accordingly.




                      It's 0xE6. Decompile the Daisy's script at 0x168E46, FR US v1.0, for a working example.
                      Okay,thank you very much.
                      __________________
                      I laugh looking at this.

                      But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                        #1448    
                      Old June 18th, 2009 (2:52 PM). Edited June 18th, 2009 by ExitWound.
                      ExitWound's Avatar
                      ExitWound ExitWound is offline
                      Boggle
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                        Age: 26
                        Posts: 79
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                        Using "No movement" is not a good solution anyway. Try converting your script to XSE (see the tuts) and then compile it again using XSE instead. PokéScript is outdated so you can't expect much from it except bugs.
                        Well.... I couldn't find any tutorials on it but is this right?
                        Spoiler:
                        #dynamic 0x8004AA

                        #org @start
                        checkflag 0x4000
                        if b_true goto @nevermind
                        message @alert
                        boxset 6
                        applymovement 37 @approach
                        message @battle
                        boxset 6
                        trainerbattle 0x9 0x0 0x01D @won @won
                        applymovement 37 @leave
                        message @after
                        boxset 6
                        setflag 0x4000
                        release
                        end

                        #org @approach
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0xFE

                        #org @leave
                        #raw 0x0B
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x08
                        #raw 0x54
                        #raw 0xFE

                        #org @alert
                        = You!

                        #org @battle
                        = You're \v\h01 right?\p...\pBattle me!

                        #org @won
                        = ...

                        #org @after
                        = Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!

                        #org @nevermind
                        release
                        end
                          #1449    
                        Old June 18th, 2009 (3:26 PM).
                        Samike360's Avatar
                        Samike360 Samike360 is offline
                        Lover of May
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                          Location: ATL
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 397
                          ^One immediate thing I see is that you need waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovements.

                          EDIT: And it's 0x37. Also, there should be the type of msgbox command after the msgbox (try putting 0x6)
                          __________________





                          Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

                          From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
                            #1450    
                          Old June 18th, 2009 (3:40 PM). Edited June 18th, 2009 by ExitWound.
                          ExitWound's Avatar
                          ExitWound ExitWound is offline
                          Boggle
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                            Age: 26
                            Posts: 79
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Samike360 View Post
                            ^One immediate thing I see is that you need waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovements.

                            EDIT: And it's 0x37. Also, there should be the type of msgbox command after the msgbox (try putting 0x6)
                            Apparently, my XSE has down syndrome. When I add in the waitmovement 0x0, this is what happens:

                            Spoiler:
                            #org 0x8004AA
                            checkflag 0x4000
                            if 0x1 goto 0x88004FB
                            msgbox 0x88004FD '"You!"
                            callstd 0x6
                            applymovement 0x25 0x88004EC
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            msgbox 0x8800502 '"You're [player] right?\p...\pBattle..."
                            callstd 0x6
                            trainerbattle 0x9 0x1D 0x0 0x8800522 0x8800522
                            applymovement 0x25 0x88004F2
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            msgbox 0x8800526 '"Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true..."
                            callstd 0x8
                            jumpstd 0x8
                            jumpstd 0x8
                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:09 PM.