• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the most insane Boss battle in all Pokémon Franchise?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I'd say Ghetsis from the original Black and White over BW2. You're just done beating N and think it's over - you came through N's mind - but then this demon appears, reveals his intentions all along and battles you instantly. Not only is this a major twist, the battle itself has a bad atmosphere that brings you into despair. That Hydreigon alone...

I'd also nominate Lusamine V2 in Sun and Moon, except that we actually don't battle her Nihilego fusion but just her regular team. They really missed a chance there.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Two particular battles that always stand out to me in my memories as being the hardest battles, are fighting Lance in G/S/C and fighting Cynthia in D/P/Pt.

Lance was just a really powerful cheater. Those under leveled Dragonites threw me throught the ringer a few times and really frustrated me when I was younger. I did eventually beat him but only after much grinding and a few breaks away from the game after being so frustrated. I always disliked Lance, he was hard to beat but in a way that was just obnoxious, his under leveled Dragonites were just so cheap to use, but I will admit, it was definitely challenging.

Cynthia was a memorably hard battle, but it wasn't annoying like Lance. Lance was annoying because he felt like he was cheating. Cynthia on the other hand was a very cool trainer with high leveled pokemon on a diverse team. I also recall her AI being relatively well done for battling (if I remember correctly she does use tactical swaps to gain an advantage over you). Cynthia was just a really strong trainer that put up a serious fight and had a relentless and terrifying Garchomp that kicked my butt a fair share amount of times. Cynthia was not only challenging to fight, but due to her well done battling AI and her on the level team, she was fun to fight and beating her felt like a serious accomplishment.

Years
  • For me it would be Giovanni from Pokemon Yellow version. Most of Giovanni's pokemon were ground type and my strongest pokemon was Pikachu which is not good against ground type. I don't even remember how I managed to beat Giovanni's ground type pokemon with Pikachu, but I do remember he was hard.

Years
    • Seen today
    Both of the game-cube spin-offs had the hardest final battles in the series.

In Colosseum, the final boss had a skill swap Slaking, so if you didn't get the slowking out in time, he was guaranteed to sweep. There was also a boss fight before him who used a full team of 6, I don't even remember if it healed your team in-between.

In XD: Gale of Darkness, I don't even see how the final fight is possible unless you use the Lugia to tank hits. He has a full team of legendary pokemon with made up moves. My team was in the high level 50's and he still was killing everything in one shot.

Edit- Checking again, and it wasn't a full team of legendaries, just the gen 1 birds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    The hardest battle ever for me would have to be against Red in HG/SS.. first off his Pokémon are in their mid 80s with Pikachu on level 88.. we were both on our last Pokemon.. his was Charizard or Lapras.. thankfully i had a Giratina that has the pressure ability and a WHOLE LOT of Full Restores.. i only beat him cause he ended up using struggle..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The second battle against Lusamine was definitely one of them. Her team all having aura stat boosts, the music, and the fact that she's fused with an Ultra Beast just made it super intense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Ultra Necrozma.

FULL STOP!

This bright behemoth has an absurd 754 BST, equipped with an aura that boosts all stats by one, including its' already excellent physical Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats. While a few points below 100, its' physical Defense, and Sp. Def are nothing to scoff at with a +1 aura boost.

It has a very high chance of nuking your entire team, unless you have some elaborate strategy up your sleeve. Not helping that this is a mandatory boss fight right before the new final trial.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Ultra Necrozma.

FULL STOP!

This bright behemoth has an absurd 754 BST, equipped with an aura that boosts all stats by one, including its' already excellent physical Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats. While a few points below 100, its' physical Defense, and Sp. Def are nothing to scoff at with a +1 aura boost.

It has a very high chance of nuking your entire team, unless you have some elaborate strategy up your sleeve. Not helping that this is a mandatory boss fight right before the new final trial.
    It's true lol. Normally the hard part of battling legendaries is not killing them but U Necrozma was super tough. I ended up using my Zoroark with Illusion so it'd try to Prismatic Laser me and waste a first turn, giving me time to get one free hit in, but I did that fight at least 8 times.

Back