• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your fave Pokemon media?

What is your fave Pokemon media?

• Games

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Manga

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Pokemon comes in different media - there's the games, the anime and the manga. We always tend to follow one of the more than the others but that's where I ask. What is your fave media of the Pokemon franchise?

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • The games, certainly. It's the first pokemon media I saw and really the only part I'm interested in, plus it's really easy to play the classics via emulators, while getting the old anime/manga seems more difficult.

Years
  • I voted for the games, because while I got into Pokemon by watching the anime, it was actually the games that I've stuck with mostly. I was 11 when I got my own Pokemon game for the first time, and seeing all the generational advancements over time was notably significant when compared to other media.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    The games, i've been playing since the very start and though there was probably a 4 year period I went without playing them (puberty is weird lol) I got stuck back on them in high school and never looked back, I remember watching the anime a lot when I was younger, but after the Indigo League It never really did catch my attention again, it's much too repetitive imo

Years
  • Is the TCG a form of Pokemon media? Because it was definitely my favorite part of the franchise back in the day.

Right now, I have to go with the games as my favorite Pokemon media. I never really got into the manga, and haven't watched the anime since the early Hoenn days (save for the first 20ish episodes of BW), but I always try and get the games the same day they come out, even if I don't dive into them right away.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Generally, it's the games. Though, with XY&Z I really prefered the anime.

It's also fair to say that the anime can sometimes get to play the games (or replay, actually) more sometimes. Credit where credit is due.

Years
  • Generally, it's the games. Though, with XY&Z I really prefered the anime.

It's also fair to say that the anime can sometimes get to play the games (or replay, actually) more sometimes. Credit where credit is due.

I can sometimes agree with your point, since with BW I hated the anime but loved the games, and while I didn't find the XY games bad I generally liked the anime of that saga better. SM seems to be shaping up as another generation where I prefer the games over the anime, but I guess it's because I hate Ash's redesign.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Definitely the games. I've never read the manga and the anime can only hold my interest for so long. I will give the new Sun & Moon anime series a try, but the games are mainly what have kept me interested in Pokémon.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I can sometimes agree with your point, since with BW I hated the anime but loved the games, and while I didn't find the XY games bad I generally liked the anime of that saga better. SM seems to be shaping up as another generation where I prefer the games over the anime, but I guess it's because I hate Ash's redesign.

Same, this thread actually asks a tough question, because it depends on the series for me, haha.

I'm feeling a bit the same about the Sun/Moon anime, but I might check it out anyhoo. Hopefully it surprises me, but I still think I'll prefer the game.

While I'm here, I will also say that years ago I loved the RSE manga. o: That was badass.

Back