• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV HBO's Watchmen (2019)

Years

• Watchmen is an American superhero drama television series that continues the 1987 DC Comics series Watchmen. Its ensemble cast includes Regina King, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Andrew Howard, Jacob Ming-Trent, Tom Mison, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, Louis Gossett Jr., Jeremy Irons, Jean Smart, and Hong Chau.

Lindelof likened the television series to a "remix" of the original comic series. While the series is technically a sequel, which takes place 34 years after the events of the comics within the same alternate reality, Lindelof wanted to introduce new characters and conflicts that create a new story within the Watchmen continuity, rather than creating a reboot.

The entire first season is available on HBO - did anyone else watch this show? I've only seen the first four episodes, but I'm shook at how good it is. I love the dynamic between Regina King & Jean Smart. Jean's introductory episode was just....so well filmed.

baire

many such cases
    Years
  • HBO's Watchmen (2019)

I haven't watched it yet but I'm interested to hear how it gets recieved! the original comics spent a lot of time exploring how childish and overly simplistic the whole idea of 'superheroes' was. for example Rorschach had this Kantian-like approach to ethics, but realistically what ends up happening is he just contradicts himself, condemning Veidt's decision to murder a group of people to save the world yet praising the decision to end WW2 by dropping atomic bombs.. rule based approaches to life just don't work when everything is so complicated

Since the 2009 movie completely failed in communicating any of that I'm wondering if this HBO series focuses on or even expands it. especially now that Marvel is so ridiculously popular, it'd be a really relevant message

Years
  • I'm not sure it went deep into the same messages as Watchmen originally intended to communicate. To me, the recurring theme seemed to be consequences more than anything. Which is also something I'm very okay with. It was over all a fantastic watch and was really nicely put together. The performances were great, as was the writing. It's up there as one of my favourite viewing experiences.

Back