• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ASM Workshop

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2018
    There you go, FBI-o-nacci!

Task 1:
    Spoiler:

Task 2:
    Spoiler:

Task 3:
    Spoiler:

Challenge:
    Spoiler:

i have tested all of them and they worked fine for me, except for that issue with task 1.
    Is there any way to store bigger values into registers?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Nah, the register isn't actually the problem. A register is able to hold values up to 0xFFFFFFFF. However, since the var you're storing the result in is only a halfword (up to 0xFFFF), the highest Fibonacci number it can hold is the 24th: 46368, because the next one would be 75025, or 0x12511, which is more than a halfword.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    the link is explaining how to load values bigger than 0xff to a register.
    i want to make a register hold values like the 36th fibonacci number (0xE3D1B0)

Can variables ony hold halfwords or can we store word to them as well?

They only hold halfwords. However, you could use two vars to store a word, it'd just require a small rewrite of commands like buffernumber and compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2018
    Stuff like this would be nice to cover in a future lesson. Lets keep it simple now and accept the limitation.

Last edited:
    Back