• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Now I agree with everything that ya said, but we know that the Wii's graphical prowess are inferior to 360/PS3, but it should still be ahead of it's past system. Think of it like food. If a three star restaraunt can make decent looking food [Gamecube], then a four star restaraunt should be more appealing [Wii]. You wouldn't wanna eat food that looks & smells like vomit, no matter how delicious it taste.

Are you serious, xXscytherXx? Come on now. It was an example. An obvious example. Explaining how it a new system should be a step forward, not back. I wasn't saying that the Wii is like food. I can't tell if you're making fun of me, or just misunderstood.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
but we know that the Wii's graphical prowess are inferior to 360/PS3, but it should still be ahead of it's past system.
I agree with that, because if a gamecube could do batter graphics than PS2 so a Wii should have better graphics than a gamecube.
For what I have seen in PBR, this game could run in a standard gamecube without pushing it to it´s limits.

If people consider that PBR´s graphics aren´t the most important part of the game, for me it looks like it´s one of the most important, because without amazing moves and some remodeled pokémon this game would be a complete fiasco.

Remove the "amazing graphics" of this game and you will probably realise that a remake of Stadium 2 with wi-fi would be much more fun than PBR, even when it comes to "the amazing graphics" PBR fails for being using 3D models from Stadium 1 and 2.

About the Wii:
SNES was 2 times more powerfull than a NES
N64 was 2 times more powerfull than a SNES
GameCube was 2 times more powerfull than a N64
The Wii is about 3 times more powerfull than a GameCube
(although a PS3 is about 42 times more powerfull than a PS2 XD),
so I think the problem is not with the console itself but in the companies that create games for it.

Even if you forget that the graphics aren´t the strong of the Wii, try to remember what is the most important thing then...
Could it be...
The motion sensitive controler?
Yes, that´s it!
Without it the Wii would be a portable GameCube with no graphical differences in the games, in other ways, it wouldn´t sell.
And tell me 1 feature in PBR that you mustuse this feature to play?
Final conclusion, PBR don´t take on advantage of almost everything that a Wii can offer, the only advantage is the wi-fi connection and that´s all.

I hope Game Freak realise that if they keep in this rhythm we will ( literally :laugh:) pay for the consequences.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Heh, not that I'm expecting Halo 3 on Wii. The Point & Click Controller-Wiimote, sorry-just about makes up for this. Resident Evil 4 is the best on the Wii, cause I can actually shoot those jerks in the face with a real motion sensor gun-dang it, I mean Wiimote. But some things are just cheap tack-ons. PBR, IMO, is one of them. All it is is seeing them hit eachother in three-dimension. That, to me, isn't worth $50 dollars. When they make it cheaper, say, $30, then I'll buy it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Okay, I can pretty much say this thread's gotten out of hand. I've had to delete posts, warn users for their extreme stupidity in making off-topic posts and for flaming.

xXscytherXx, you've been warned for having a pretty much annoying attitude towards sims796. One thing you have to do on this forum is respect people.

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back