• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to TCG, help needed please

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 11, 2018
Hey guys, I'm new to the TCG, I've been playing online for a couple of weeks now and just starting collecting the actual cards. I've been a Pokemon fan for over 20 years so I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to start! I've just got a couple of questions...

I've bought a folder as I'd like to try and complete each set, I'm starting with Forbidden Light. Now how would you arrange them in a folder? Does every card have a reverse holo equivalent? So let's say I have card 1/114, would I leave space next to that card for its reverse holo equivilant? Or would I just go 1 to 114 then put all the reverse holos at the back? I'm. Just trying to avoid having to move every card down one every time I get a new card.

Thanks guys

92Dragon

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hey guys, I'm new to the TCG, I've been playing online for a couple of weeks now and just starting collecting the actual cards. I've been a Pokemon fan for over 20 years so I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to start! I've just got a couple of questions...

I've bought a folder as I'd like to try and complete each set, I'm starting with Forbidden Light. Now how would you arrange them in a folder? Does every card have a reverse holo equivalent? So let's say I have card 1/114, would I leave space next to that card for its reverse holo equivilant? Or would I just go 1 to 114 then put all the reverse holos at the back? I'm. Just trying to avoid having to move every card down one every time I get a new card.

Thanks guys

There is a function in TCGO, you can go to Collection, then select Filter, from there choose the series you want to see (in your case Forbidden Light), then click apply. Then, you will see all the cards in that series and this will help you arrange your cards in the folder better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years

Thanks guys

Most cards have a reverse holo equivalent, but not all. GXs and Full Arts and Secret Rares all don't have a reverse holo equivalent. And neither do Prism Stars.

As for order, it's your call. Personally, commons and uncommons get the long box and only cards viable in competitive as well as holo rares, GXs, Full Arts, and Secret rares get the binder treatment, but they are also sleeved in a card sleeve before I put them in the binder to minimize damage when pulling them out of the binder pages.

Bradaction

TCG player - 34th Brisbane Regional Championships,
Years
I like to do set, type, alphabetically and put all the variations of one card in the same sleeve

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Things are a lot different now since there's so many new cards compared to when I played in 2002-2004. I used to have a binder for each generation and make it basically like a Pokedex. For variations, I would just put the variation next to the original. So it would be:

Bulbasaur - Bulbasaur Variation 2 - Erika's Bulbsaur - Ivysaur - Ivysaur Variation 2 - etc.

But now there's so many variations and cards... I'm not sure lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I organize my cards by breaking them down into different categories. First and foremost is the year the set was released. Then I organize them by the number present on the card itself. Within that I organize duplicates by the language they're in, the variants (first edition / reverse holo / etc) that are present, and lastly by condition. I make exceptions for misprints though since those are kinda special. :)

Back