• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much Do You Think Ash Remembers?

Years
  • He's been through so many adventures, do you think he actually remembers all of them? Does he know that he and Pryce helped each other survive in the mountains one night, or that he met a pack of wild Houndour? This kid has seen more than anyone living on this planet.

Does he even remember Misty...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    He's been through so many adventures, do you think he actually remembers all of them? Does he know that he and Pryce helped each other survive in the mountains one night, or that he met a pack of wild Houndour? This kid has seen more than anyone living on this planet.

Does he even remember Misty...

For sure he remembers he traveled with Misty... at least as of 100 episodes ago or something anyways.

And I hope he remembers the 13 or so times he basically saved the world and was at 1 HP from death. Although, I doubt the current anime mechanics will allow him to remember. Plotholes shall ensure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    He probably doesnt remember anything. Its like after hes done competing at a regions championships and he goes to sleep, his mind gets wiped.

I mean he still..... STILL doesnt know how to catch a Pokemon the right way nor does he ever really pay attention to type advantages.

For instance, with Iris and her mocking him all the time, why doesn't Ash just get in her face and be like, "Hey annoying, ignorant little girl... Ive won 40 or so badges in 5 different regions. Im in the Orange Island HOF! Ive seen every legendary Pokemon there has ever been and Im pretty sure I saved you and the rest of the world from utter destruction at least 13 times. So do me a favor and back the **** off, k?"

But no.. nothings ever mentioned and he continues to go around and act like an idiot most of the time. Ash is just full of face palm moments.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ^ what he said. It's just so that they won't have to change the main character. Ash and Pikachu are so good icons for the pokémon anime.

I was quite happy when he remembered that he'd met Giratina in the Arceus movie xD

And with the Best Wishes season... I think he's supposed to not know anything at all. Since everything's a blank start there.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I don't watch the anime, so I'll have to take your guys word for it...

(I KNEW there was a reason why I like calling him Ash Ketchup...)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Ash and Pikachu were abducted by aliens right after the Johto saga ended. Pretty much take the robot chicken skit and apply it to Ash and Pikachu. The real ones are up in space with the aliens. That or he has short term memory and can only store the capacity to last him one saga then he essentially goes brain dead after the end of the saga.

Years
  • Ive seen every legendary Pokemon there has ever been and Im pretty sure I saved you and the rest of the world from utter destruction at least 13 times. So do me a favor and back the **** off, k?
    Is that even special in the Pokemon world? Do you think there are lots of trainers that have similar adventures? Maybe saving the world and meeting legendaries is just normal everyday business for every decent trainer out there. I wouldn't be surprised if every random trainer that Ash meets has saved the world a few times off-screen.

People like Pryce and Drake have probably saved the world hundreds of times.

Years

• Is that even special in the Pokemon world? Do you think there are lots of trainers that have similar adventures? Maybe saving the world and meeting legendaries is just normal everyday business for every decent trainer out there. I wouldn't be surprised if every random trainer that Ash meets has saved the world a few times off-screen.

That would be a pretty crap-tastic world to live in if everyday there's 60 plots to rule/destroy the world.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    He probably doesnt remember anything. Its like after hes done competing at a regions championships and he goes to sleep, his mind gets wiped.

I mean he still..... STILL doesnt know how to catch a Pokemon the right way nor does he ever really pay attention to type advantages.

For instance, with Iris and her mocking him all the time, why doesn't Ash just get in her face and be like, "Hey annoying, ignorant little girl... Ive won 40 or so badges in 5 different regions. Im in the Orange Island HOF! Ive seen every legendary Pokemon there has ever been and Im pretty sure I saved you and the rest of the world from utter destruction at least 13 times. So do me a favor and back the **** off, k?"

But no.. nothings ever mentioned and he continues to go around and act like an idiot most of the time. Ash is just full of face palm moments.

For Best Wishes, me thinks Ash likes being treated like a newbie by every one, he doesn't want people to be all "Oh my gosh its Ash Ketchum!" Do you see how annoyed he gets with fan girls in the actual anime, Dento or Gary for exampleXD I am not sure how Ash would act around his own fan girls??? I think he remembers all of his friends of course, which should mean he remembers all of his past adventures.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that Ash remembers the adventures he's had, like his traveling companions and his past gym battles, but I don't think he remembers the lessons he learned in his battles.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I was about to post a similar thread. Notice how although he bonded with tons of legendarys when he sees its species again it never comes up that he has seen one of them before?

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Is that even special in the Pokemon world? Do you think there are lots of trainers that have similar adventures? Maybe saving the world and meeting legendaries is just normal everyday business for every decent trainer out there. I wouldn't be surprised if every random trainer that Ash meets has saved the world a few times off-screen.

I've saved the world, and caught all the legendaries. I'f there were'nt alot of trainers, Humans would be pokemons slaves.

Ash doesn't remember that he was killed. Mewtwo swiped his memory. He doesn't remember anything before that first movie.

Years
  • I've saved the world, and caught all the legendaries. I'f there were'nt alot of trainers, Humans would be pokemons slaves.

Ash doesn't remember that he was killed. Mewtwo swiped his memory. He doesn't remember anything before that first movie.

You mean OF the first movie. If he didn't remember anything prior to the first movie, I think he'd freak out about all the animals shooting lightning and stuff at him. But he gains his memories back in Mewtwo Returns anyways, so it's not like it matters.

I guess if you're planning to take over the Pokemon world you better have an amazing plan, because they're millions of children capable of stopping you.

Saving the world is just a part of growing up.

Kinda makes you wonder though, if all the adults grew up, many of them being 'legendary' trainers who have stopped evil, wouldn't the current villains have foreknowledge of the fact that all of their plans are easily foiled by 10 year olds by virtue of being 10 and messing without someone else's awesome plan for domination?

Then again, no one in the Pokemon universe has ever crossed my mind as having common sense. Hell, we have Ash leaving all his already trained Pokemon to go to a foriegn land with only Pikachu only to get his ass handed to him and having to catch and train NEW guys to replace the old team, with the more experienced Pokemon not being given a thought when he needs say a strong *insert type* to counter *insert Gym's* specialty.

Then there's team Rocket who have spent over a decade chasing around one ten year old out of spite, with nothing to show for it...and then there's the parents who allow their children to stop attending school to travel around unsupervised to take part in glorified cockfights.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In my honest opinion I have to say that I find it a bit obvious he remembers it all, there have always been those little hints by the makers, including that not so much of a little hint in Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon when that guy took a look into Pikachus memories (then again that just shows that Pikachu can remember it all)... I guess the only reason Ash seems to be a little oblivous as to whats going on sometimes is just because of how the writers handle the show. Leave poor little "Ashey boy" alone.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ummm...well, sometimes I wonder...but I think he does. They just save up his awesomeness for treats like the Sinnoh League, where he suddenly understood game mechanics (which were demonstrated more accurately and detailed than ever before, i.e. Trick Room), and utilised moves better (Quilava with Aerial Ace, Heracross with Sleep Talk). I mean, if he was actually good at stuff, it'd get a bit boring, would it not?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Well he did remember the events from the 2nd movie as when they were in the Whirl Islands he mentioned that it was not the first Lugia he had seen.

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
    Years
  • maybe ash fell into a coma in the first episode right after the huge thunderbolt and all of what has happened so far is just a dream while he is still in a coma, and thats why he is so damn oblivious, forgets things and never ages???

Back