• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
New Contest
Name: Weekly Challenge #1
Rules: Hunt in any of the main story games to get the shiny. You can hatch, do random encounters, and soft rest for it.
Pokemon: The Pokemon is determined by a random Pokemon generator. This week's Pokemon is: Abra!
End date: July 31st, 2011

Thanks to ShinyDoug for the idea. o3o

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
That sounds like a fun contest to have each week. I suppose I'll alternate between Litwick and Abra, with more time spent on Litwick.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im dual soft resetting now for charmander, got a back lit gba sp and its really nice, makes my old one look like a trubbish now... (not that there is anything wrong with trubbish)

no luck but it makes doing alot of SR's easy, thought i would update you all on that.

and darn for the pokemon of the week being abra, if i didnt already have one i would try for it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
wegwef.png

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D x 999999999999999

I encountered this in SoulSilver then traded it to my HeartGold
:D (My Route challenge is over! after staggering 25k+ encounters)

Wow, this is a really good day
:D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Major congratulations to 2Cool4Mewtwo on being the first (out of three) winner of the Random Route Contest! :D

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Raticate, 2Cool4Mewtwo! It was about time someone found a shiny on the random route contest.

My Litwick hunt has hit 1,700 eggs, and I've hatched 10 Abras so far for the new contest. I plan on spending some time breeding for IVs for Sneasel this week. Back in gen 2 I hatched a shiny Sneasel using the shiny Ditto trick. I also hatched shinies of Larvitar, Pichu, and Cleffa. I can't remember who else. They of course don't count for the club. The odds were 1 in 64, if I remember correctly, when you bred using a shiny. For those that don't know, if you traded the shiny Gyarados that you caught in gen 2 to Yellow for a Ditto, the Ditto would become a shiny. If you traded Gyarados back and it would still be a shiny.

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years
Congratulations 2Cool4Mewtwo!!! I'm sure that you're beyond happy by now. :D

I have decided to skip the Abra challenge and concentrate solely on the random route challenge. Hopefully it doesn't take 25,000 encounters! :0 I'm also sort of experimenting with the Pokeradar (Do those types of shines count btw?).

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! You definitely had that one coming and deserve every ounce of joy you're feeling right now. :)

I just found out I average 240 encounters per hour.

That's not bad at all, Nato. If you keep that up, you could be getting 6 or 7 shinies per month!! Whatever you're hunting, keep at it!

Pokeradar (Do those types of shines count btw?).

I'm not sure whether or not it counts for the contest, but it does count for the ShinyDex. You get to count one shiny per chain, which really isn't different from normal rules, unless you're chaining something like Eevee or Oddish (I don't even know if Eevee's chainable, "lol"). You'll only be able to count one evolutionary line unless you break the chain and start over again, but you're free to count the first one!

Back