• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you keep/collect the game boxes?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I was too young when I got Yellow and Ruby to keep the game boxes, I think I ripped them right up on Christmas day. I did keep the instruction guide for Ruby however.

After Leafgreen I would keep the game boxes, however, outside of Heart Gold, for the DS games I only ever kept the case.

Years
  • I kept the boxes too, for the longest time.. but around this year I had to clear out some stuff to make room in preparation for moving out, and unfortunately the game boxes had to be tossed. :< I had great memories with collecting them but moving them with me just wouldn't have been feasible - I had so many!

Years
  • Of course I kept all the game boxes - where would I put the games when they weren't being played? We had an old Pikachu-themed backpack from kindergarten that was designated as a DS and game box container.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i keep boxes!! i didn't buy gen 1 and 2 games new so i don't have those, but i have my gen 3 boxes for the ones i got new aside from ruby and sapphire which i foolishly tossed bc i was like 10/11 aha. everything after that, i have the box for since they're actual game cases at that point aha. i have boxes for firered and emerald. and then i have a japanese crystal i bought w the box, and a french sapphire with the box too. wish i had more of the old boxes though.

Years
  • Of course I kept all the game boxes - where would I put the games when they weren't being played? We had an old Pikachu-themed backpack from kindergarten that was designated as a DS and game box container.

I had a game case so keeping boxes was purely collecting for me! But having a Pikachu backpack for the boxes/games sounds adorable ❤️

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • A few of them have gone missing over time, but I've always like to keep the game boxes around. Usually the safest place for me to store the game.

Years
  • eventually i do want to!! kind of a shame i have games like bw2 and leafgreen (ESPECIALLY this) and red version and even silver version without their respective game boxes. :c they'd be nice to look at every once in a while.

Years
  • I've definitely kept every box where possible as I've had the games all on release - unfortunately my Sapphire one has gone walkabouts...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I keep the boxes for the games I purchased physical copies of. I don't have boxes for the used games I bought obviously.

With the exception of Yellow, I got the Pikachu Gameboy/Yellow game but the gameboy and presumably box were sold a long time ago.
    I have boxes for Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, FireRed, Black 2, all gen 6 games, Moon, Ultra Sun

Years
  • I recently have been printing out GBA covers and putting my GBA Pokemon games into DS boxes.

check it out http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

That's really cool! I didn't know this was a thing, seems like you can get some pretty cool covers off of it. Though personally that still wouldn't be enough for me to keep the boxes lol, I it's just too tough to keep them now since I've been moving/traveling often. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    I do now. But sadly I only have two partly because when I got my copy of white FROM GAME STOP, it actually had the box and the instruction booklets plus the pamphlet for vicktini. The listing said that it probably wouldn't have the box let alone the papers the other one is Pokemon battle revaluation off eBay again complete with box and paperwork. I save them when I come across them I don't go seeking them out

Years
  • I like to have a shelf dedicated to all the games I have so I like having the boxes/cases of all the games I buy. The only one I'm missing is Emerald since I lost the box while moving several years ago.

Back