• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Foster The People EP "III" Released; Full Album In The Summer

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    41t5QR00DrL._SS500.jpg

I know we have a few FTP fans here. III, a new EP by them has released today on all your favorite music streaming/buying websites. It contains the songs "Pay The Man", "Doing It For The Money", and "S.H.C.".

A full album by FTP will release this Summer.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hum interesting!

I don't like the first album but I really like the second one... so curious about the third one: break it or make it. It's gonna determine if I like Foster the People.

Years
  • Torches was always in the rotation back in the day, but these songs really disappoint me. Although I should say I didn't enjoy Supermodel, I think there were maybe four good tracks on that album.

The sound of 'Doing It For The Money' seems like the complete antithesis to what the message of the song attempts to be. The other two tracks are just largely forgettable, I don't think there is anything particularly 'bad' about them, but nothing good either. I think there's possibly a complete lack of originality in all three tracks, which is a shame because some of the experiments on Supermodel paid off even if I didn't enjoy it overall. My only hope is that we have been giving the worst tracks first, Coming of Age was the first track released off of Supermodel and I still think it's one of their worst.

On a sidenote, the EP artwork is remarkably similar to this album cover from Every Time I Die. I'm not sure how popular that band is, so maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Every-Time-I-Die-Low-Teens.jpg

Years
  • I love these guys, and was waiting for new music for years.

The EP was definitely unexpected, but it's a nice taste of what will be to come. Apparently with a June/July release slated for the album, it's definitely coming at a good time (yet much sooner than I expected) considering June is already shaping up to be a huge month for album releases.

I might have to hear the new tracks sometime soon before I give a proper opinion, but I think this might definitely be the next huge album of 2017. Going to be interesting now that two of FTP's touring members got promoted to be official members, and how that will shake things up.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ooh, interesting. I really loved them back when Torches was out, but I didn't listen to Supermodel at all after hearing less than favorable things. Guess I'll give the EP a listen and come back to this. Looking forward to the album regardless of what I think of the EP, though.

Years
  • I heard one of the EP's tracks so far (Pay The Man) and I have to admit it is a slightly different direction, though if I had to compare it to their previous albums it definitely sounds closer to the lighthearted nature of Torches.

I still hope the album can bring fans the best of both worlds - have some cheerful vibes of Torches but also balance it with the darker lyrics like on Supermodel.

Edit: Also heard Doing It For The Money and I do notice a lot of hip-hop sounds in there. Not that I'm opposed to it, but then again the band did go through a shake-up of their own, so I can see why they're trying fresh concepts. Not a bad song, but will take a while before it climbs up my ladder.

Last edited:
    Back