• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Unova Red - Completed ROM Hack

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Ooh... Apparently having all 156 Pokemon registered in your Pokedex will freeze the game when you register for as Champion when Professor Oak rates your Pokedex.

Also, I tested what happens you link up and trade and the resulst ends up with the receiving Pokemon becoming glitched.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Ooh... Apparently having all 156 Pokemon registered in your Pokedex will freeze the game when you register for as Champion when Professor Oak rates your Pokedex.

Also, I tested what happens you link up and trade and the resulst ends up with the receiving Pokemon becoming glitched.

Ah, thanks for letting me know!

Also, just wondering, was the trade done between 2 Unova Red ROMs, or with a vanilla ROM? I would have figured 2 copies of the same ROM would work out the same as the in-game trades, though I never actually tried it myself lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Ah, thanks for letting me know!

Also, just wondering, was the trade done between 2 Unova Red ROMs, or with a vanilla ROM? I would have figured 2 copies of the same ROM would work out the same as the in-game trades, though I never actually tried it myself lol.

I tested trading with two Unova Red roms and a trade with Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. Only the Pokemon traded to Unova Red became glitched.
Here's some test subjects:
URED_01.png

This used to be a Tirtouga that was traded from Kalos Crystal. Note the messed up name (Was just Tirtouga) and Trainer Info (OT was SERENA and ID 39942)

URED_04.png
And this was a Tepig that got transferred from another Unova Red rom. Note glitched Special, Level (Was 7 when it was traded), and the blanked out name. And its only move was Ember while it knew Tackle and Tail Whip beforehand.

URED_03.png
And it had the wrong color scheme when I sent it out. And battling it further confirms it might have been corrupted.

URED_05.png
Same applies to this Frillish in another save file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
I tested trading with two Unova Red roms and a trade with Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. Only the Pokemon traded to Unova Red became glitched.
Here's some test subjects:
View attachment 89208

This used to be a Tirtouga that was traded from Kalos Crystal. Note the messed up name (Was just Tirtouga) and Trainer Info (OT was SERENA and ID 39942)

View attachment 89210
And this was a Tepig that got transferred from another Unova Red rom. Note glitched Special, Level (Was 7 when it was traded), and the blanked out name. And its only move was Ember while it knew Tackle and Tail Whip beforehand.

View attachment 89209
And it had the wrong color scheme when I sent it out. And battling it further confirms it might have been corrupted.

View attachment 89211
Same applies to this Frillish in another save file.

Ah, that's pretty funny! Kinda strange that the in-game trades still work but game-to-game doesn't. Ah well, thanks for the info! Gonna try to get a patch out for that Oak crash soon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Fan of such hacks , I created something similar for firered , "firered reImagined" since i feel there are really few hacks that do this definitely checking this out.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Finished this hack tonight. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Started out fun, but gradually became less so. The lack of quality of life changes is irritating to say the least, especially for someone like me who isn't used to the drawbacks of gen 1.
2. I played Challenge Mode, but the whole game was a cakewalk except the first 1 or 2 gym and the Elite Four. Nevertheless, I did highly enjoy the Elite Four (my team was lv 40s vs lv 60s).
3. I saw every Pokemon by the end of my adventure, which was pretty neat that you can find all of them before beating the game. If I wasn't annoyed by gen 1's Box mechanics, I may have continued trying to catch them all past the 4th gym.
4. The battle sprites for all gen 5 Pokemon were GREAT! That was probably my favorite part, just seeing all of those gen 1 re-imagines. Very cool.

Thanks for making, @Azure_Keys !

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Finished this hack tonight. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Started out fun, but gradually became less so. The lack of quality of life changes is irritating to say the least, especially for someone like me who isn't used to the drawbacks of gen 1.
2. I played Challenge Mode, but the whole game was a cakewalk except the first 1 or 2 gym and the Elite Four. Nevertheless, I did highly enjoy the Elite Four (my team was lv 40s vs lv 60s).
3. I saw every Pokemon by the end of my adventure, which was pretty neat that you can find all of them before beating the game. If I wasn't annoyed by gen 1's Box mechanics, I may have continued trying to catch them all past the 4th gym.
4. The battle sprites for all gen 5 Pokemon were GREAT! That was probably my favorite part, just seeing all of those gen 1 re-imagines. Very cool.

Thanks for making, @Azure_Keys !

Hey, thanks for playing! I intentionally left in most of the fiddlyness of Gen 1, as the idea was to try and recreate what Gen 1 would have been like if these were the original Pokemon, but I get what you mean about the lack of QoL features being frustrating. I've actually been toying around with the idea of an updated version less faithful to G1 and more user-friendly (maybe even a Unova Fire Red or something) after I'm done with my current project.

But yeah, thanks for the feedback!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
I'm loving the hack, but it would be nice to have a list of where these new tm moves (like flamethrower) actually are

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I've encountered a bug in the game that won't let me beat the game. I've beaten my rival at the Indigo Plateau, but the game softlocks me after my Pokémon are entered into the Hall of Fame. Granted, I had just caught every Pokémon but Reshiram.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
Love this hack. I grabbed the source and built it myself. Was looking to fix the pokedex rating glitch and make random changes. Do you have a completed save file that I can test with? Not sure how to edit save files that are non-standard and I'm only at 127 pokemon owned myself :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Love this hack. I grabbed the source and built it myself. Was looking to fix the pokedex rating glitch and make random changes. Do you have a completed save file that I can test with? Not sure how to edit save files that are non-standard and I'm only at 127 pokemon owned myself :)

Thanks! I unfortunately don't have a completed save file, I actually haven't done anything with this hack in a couple of years (got lost in the Gen 2 rabbit hole, lol), but feel free to make whatever mods you want with the source code.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
Thanks! I unfortunately don't have a completed save file, I actually haven't done anything with this hack in a couple of years (got lost in the Gen 2 rabbit hole, lol), but feel free to make whatever mods you want with the source code.

Cool no worries. I updated your code on github. I hope that is ok?

If anyone is looking for a fixed version you can grab my ips file with fixes here: https://github.com/Salsbar/unovared/releases

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
This was a really good game! It's too bad you can't post screenshots, because the highlights is definitely the gen 1 speites of our gen 5 pokemon. Everything seemed really balanced and fair, and team composition was good for trainers.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
This was a really good game! It's too bad you can't post screenshots, because the highlights is definitely the gen 1 speites of our gen 5 pokemon. Everything seemed really balanced and fair, and team composition was good for trainers.

Minus the lack of physical-special split (Hurts certain Mons like Haxorus and, to an extent, those that got the lower of the specials such as Throh and Samurott), I agree with what you posted. 👌

Back