• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Day Video Game Challenge!

pkmin3033

We've not done one of these in a looooong time, so why not? One question a day, for 30 days. Questions are thus:
    Spoiler:

So, for today:

Day 1 - Your very first video game.

TY

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1

at the age of 2, i started to play this game and beat my dad at it aswell... for only to be the main genre and series ive come to love for years

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Decap Attack!
    Not many will recognize the name of that, but it's a surprisingly solid platformer that I think a lot of people would enjoy even by today's standards. Fun and unique setting with neat boss fights. Who doesn't like the idea of punching spooky bad guys with your face that pops out of your chest, or throwing your head at bosses?

Decap%20Attack%20-%20Ingame.gif

I'll let this do the talking

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES, but the PC version that apparently existed, since I know I never had a console until a few years ago.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The very first video game I ever owned was Pokemon Red, but the first one I ever played was... idk. I was too young to remember, but I'd play games occasionally when I'd visit my cousins who has NES and then SNES. The earliest one I can actually remember is Super Mario Kart. The memory is burned into my head because my dad accidentally dislocated my shoulder while trying to pull me away from the console so we could go home on Christmas Eve and we ended up having to go to the ER to get me patched up LOL.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The first game I owned was also Pokémon Red, and before that the first game I played was my mom's copy of Tetris for the original Game Boy. I didn't really know how to play because I was so little, but I still liked stacking the blocks. :P

pkmin3033

Mine was either Aladdin on the Megadrive (or Genesis to you Americans; whichever) or Super Mario Land...I can't remember if I got my Gameboy before or after I went into hospital for appendicitis. Probably after, because I have very vivid memories of Aladdin. The music in it was better than a lot of modern day music. Feel that nostalgia. xD

My grandfather had this positively ancient game called Pickaxe Pete too though, so that might have been my first...it was all such a long time ago =x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    This is the first time I realized that Genesis is American and Megadrive is European.

Holy crap

Also Super Mario Land might have been the first I played upon reconsideration. It's really hard to say. It was definitely either Decap Attack or Super Mario Land. Whichever my siblings had me try first, I suppose.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 1 - Very first video game.
    My first video game was Sonic 2 for the Genesis. My dad bought a Sega because he wanted to play sports games, but I wasn't quite into sports yet, and Sonic came free with the console, so that was my game while he played everything else.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mine was either Aladdin on the Megadrive

Me too. Well, it was one of the games I got with the console one Christmas. Others were Micro Machines, Golden Axe and a six game cartridge featuring Sonic, Streets of Rage, Columns, Revenge of Shinobi, Sega Soccer and Super Monaco GP (this one blew me away). It was a very good Christmas.

pkmin3033

Me too. Well, it was one of the games I got with the console one Christmas. Others were Micro Machines, Golden Axe and a six game cartridge featuring Sonic, Streets of Rage, Columns, Revenge of Shinobi, Sega Soccer and Super Monaco GP (this one blew me away). It was a very good Christmas.
    I had that game cartridge! It came with the console, IIRC...pretty sure it was a £50 deal at Argos? I remember Revenge of Shinobi in particular, though...I never finished it; far too difficult for me when I was a kid. Sega Soccer is probably the only sports game I've ever actually enjoyed, too.

On a general note, we're on Day 2 now, which is...

Day 2 - Your favorite character.

...I need to think about this one. I'll be back.

TY

Charged Devilsaur, the people who know my Hearthstone adventures know why. He's the lord that brings me great RNG.
    He returned to bless me once more

praise lord charged devilsaur

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019

I'd probably go with Emil from the NieR franchise. Honorable mentions to Victor Sullivan from Uncharted and Joel from TLOU.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Saw this 1 day late but will start from beginning

Day 1 - Your very first video game.

The first game I ever played was Mario on the NES, Was my mums copy and I must have played it when I was 3. First game I actually owned was Pokemon Blue which started my Pokemon obsession.

Day 2 - Your favourite character

This was a really hard choice tbh, Love several characters from the Final Fantasy series. But my favourite has to be Tidus, he's hated by some but I personally enjoy the story and how his character changes, he knows eventually he will disappear but he continues anyway to see it through to the end without telling anyone till it is time for him to disappear.

Years
    • Seen today
    My favorite character would probably be John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. He was written really well. Although I could probably think of other characters I like just as much.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

I'm not sure tbh. My first console and game were Super Mario World on the SNES, but I'm pretty sure I might have played something like Paper Boy or Super Mario Bros on the NES even before that.

IMNZMKj.gif

My boy Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk and The Last Window! An ex-New York cop who is now a door-to-door salesman due to certain circumstances. He has so many likeable qualities while still being able to feel relatable. A slacker, loner, and genuinely a nice guy behind his nonchalant attitude.

Last edited:
    Years
    I honestly cannot remember my first video game which really sucks, but the earliest memory I have of playing one would probably be some tennis game on the original Playstation, not very exciting lmao.

Got a lot of favourite video game characters to be honest but my number one would probably have to be from the Final Fantasy series. Either Layle from FFCC: The Crystal Bearers or Noctis from FFXV, just found both of them really cool.

Back