• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Dratini features in the next Pokémon GO Community Day

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Neat, Dragonite is more useful for battling than Raichu in GO. Wonder if it'll introduce a shiny version of Dratini?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Good news is I need more dragon types for the medal. Bad news is Dratini has a low catch rate so I'll be wasting poke balls trying to catch them. Wish they would have made them easier to catch during the event. Will likely have to run from the high cp ones.

Also lets hope the shiny rate is less then 1/70. It's a shame they picked the worst time in the history of time for the event.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Really curious for this - I can definitely see the Dratini spawn rates being a lot lower than Pikachu's were and especially if shiny Dratini is released I'd expect to see hardly any of them this time around. I imagine the Dratini's special move will prooobably be ExtremeSpeed based on that having been Dratini's "special move" in the main series games, but I assume like the Surf Pikachu it probably won't keep it upon evolving so this does just seem like a good chance to stock up on some candy. Also to work towards the Dragon-type medal - still only bronze in that :(

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Article updated given connection issues affecting it for Asia/The Pacific. Next time don't restrict the event to a few hours, Niantic...

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Today my sister called mother in order to notify me,
but by "collegare"(to connect, to link up) I thought she meant recharging
my phone, and thus I linked my phone to the power and expected to have a
sortie alongside her this afternoon...
As she got back home, she asked me if I caught a dratini, and in the end
I figured she meant starting up the game, and the event had ended...
as if it wasn't enough, that forsaken old coot with two accounts has taken over
the nearby gym once again, and one of the pokémon he put in is a shiny dragonite...

No, seriously, I hope that over-seasoned creep gets teeth ache...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So I now have 8 Dragonite, 5 of which are over 3000 CP, 1 of which is shiny, and 2 more shiny Dratini left waiting to evolve; go figure! Only had two D'nite when the event started too.

Edit: Proof.

Last edited:
Back