• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
Huh... I could have sworn you used an online game or something to compare how tedious opening boxes one at a time is going to be. Aw well...

Anyway...

I hope 5 boxes at a time is good? :3
Took me almost two days to make it possible. Not to mention that I wrote and tested this script while I'm at work. xD Thank goodness scripting looked like I'm writing PHP codes or something. :P
yeah i used an online game for reference, but then i thought that since im in a pokemon community i would use a good example from the same game, since it exists :P.
yeah 5 box is fine. i think even from a big area with many items, i will return with around 20-25 boxes max. 2 days? now ur making me curious about what wall of code that script is

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Any characters from the original BT coming back? I liked that spacey guy with a shiny.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Happy holidays everyone~
I'm just going to show you guys two screenshots from the game. ^^

1Ve19FL.png
759H9g2.png

Any characters from the original BT coming back? I liked that spacey guy with a shiny.

Yeah, I liked that character, too. I had a lot of fun writing that guy's dialogue. :P
Yeah, some rivals will appear in this BT reboot, but their roles and story will be revised/renewed.

yeah i used an online game for reference, but then i thought that since im in a pokemon community i would use a good example from the same game, since it exists :P.
yeah 5 box is fine. i think even from a big area with many items, i will return with around 20-25 boxes max. 2 days? now ur making me curious about what wall of code that script is

You can open that script up when I release the beta. I left the uncompiled version of the script in my office PC at work, but the compiled version is up to 1,455 lines. :P

Years
You can open that script up when I release the beta. I left the uncompiled version of the script in my office PC at work, but the compiled version is up to 1,455 lines. :P

wtf .. thats too much, for a script of such a specific and small function, considering im developing a lineage 2 server (the game i user as a reference before i delete it) which is arguably bigger and more complex game than a pokemon rom, and the biggest file has 2300 lines, but the thing has inside all functions and formulas of the game....

Years
The Ruby Destiny series has always been one of my favorite hacks of all time, even after remaining inactive from the pokecommunity for years now; I still have memories playing those hacks. Now that I'm a bit older and wiser, I can finally express my gratitude for this hack without sounding like snarky teenager. LOL.

Jagold, since you rebooted BT can I make a title suggestion for the new game? You stated before that Chaomega merging the timelines will still be a thing in the reboot. And if my 16 year old memory serves me right (The time when I played these hacks) RoL was the original timeline but then team go-getters involvement later on accidentally created the alternate timeline which became LoG. Since these two timelines are being merged, wouldn't there be some overlap with the events that occurred in both RoL and LoG? In my mind, the events of RoL universe happened at the same time as events of the LoG universe. Wouldn't the history in the BT universe be a blend of these two timelines with a few alterations or am I just overthinking it?
Either way if Chaomega is taking these two timelines and creating a new "reality" then my suggested title for the hack would be "Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series: Emergence of Time".
Emergence because I think Chaomega is trying to make one prominent timeline by merging RoL and LoG together and the reason why he wanted Ho Oh, Lugia, and all of the Guardian trainers (idk if you're still using that plot point in the reboot but I'll just go with it) is so they can have input into what the merged timeline should look like. No idea why Arceus is against it though. Either he prefers having both timelines separate because it was easier for him and now he's trying to split them apart or Chaomega merging the timelines made the future 100x worse for both timelines. In other words, the merged timeline is now set to face a darker and stronger threat that not even Arceus can prevent (I honestly prefer the latter idea). Hence why Arceus was angry in the beta.

Looking forward to playing the reboot of BT! :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
FLdkB4I.png

I finally changed the font! Yay! No more of that annoying Ruby default font!
vO6GusV.png

...Oh, and there's a Team Rocket there, too. Meh~

Jagold, since you rebooted BT can I make a title suggestion for the new game? You stated before that Chaomega merging the timelines will still be a thing in the reboot. And if my 16 year old memory serves me right (The time when I played these hacks) RoL was the original timeline but then team go-getters involvement later on accidentally created the alternate timeline which became LoG. Since these two timelines are being merged, wouldn't there be some overlap with the events that occurred in both RoL and LoG? In my mind, the events of RoL universe happened at the same time as events of the LoG universe. Wouldn't the history in the BT universe be a blend of these two timelines with a few alterations or am I just overthinking it?

Yeah, the RoL timeline is the real timeline while the LoG timeline is the alternate one. Buuut, the RoL and LoG events didn't happen at the same time. LoG's events happened three or so years after the RoL events.

Either way if Chaomega is taking these two timelines and creating a new "reality" then my suggested title for the hack would be "Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series: Emergence of Time".
Emergence because I think Chaomega is trying to make one prominent timeline by merging RoL and LoG together and the reason why he wanted Ho Oh, Lugia, and all of the Guardian trainers (idk if you're still using that plot point in the reboot but I'll just go with it) is so they can have input into what the merged timeline should look like.

I'm following a naming scheme that I started myself though.
Reign of Legends = 1 word + 1 syllable, 1 word + 1 syllable, and 1 word + 2 syllables = Abbreviation: RoL = three letters.
Rescue Rangers = 1 word + 2 syllables, and 1 word + 2 syllables = Abbreviation: RR = two letters.
Life of Guardians = 1 word + 1 syllable, 1 word + 1 syllable, and 1 word + 2 syllables (I pronounce it as "gar-jans", at least) = Abbreviation: LoG = three letters.

So the next would be the naming scheme like RR. Broken Timeline is BT, but I may change it later though, depending on how I can drive the story as I progress.

No idea why Arceus is against it though. Either he prefers having both timelines separate because it was easier for him and now he's trying to split them apart or Chaomega merging the timelines made the future 100x worse for both timelines. In other words, the merged timeline is now set to face a darker and stronger threat that not even Arceus can prevent (I honestly prefer the latter idea). Hence why Arceus was angry in the beta.

Looking forward to playing the reboot of BT! :)

I am currently not sure if I'll include that event in the new BT game. Chaomega merging the timeline is the only event I am going to add in the game, but I am not sure about the rest at the moment. :/

wtf .. thats too much, for a script of such a specific and small function.

I'm weird like that.
vO6GusV.png

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
DNE0CRU.png

More scripting... More scripting...

Christmas Break is almost over... ;~; Nuuuuuuu...!

Years
Yeah, the RoL timeline is the real timeline while the LoG timeline is the alternate one. Buuut, the RoL and LoG events didn't happen at the same time. LoG's events happened three or so years after the RoL events.

Thanks for the Clarification. I was a bit unsure about that. So I'm guessing BT will revolve around what the world looks like when the real timeline and the alternate timeline are "mushed" together?

I'm following a naming scheme that I started myself though.
Reign of Legends = 1 word + 1 syllable, 1 word + 1 syllable, and 1 word + 2 syllables = Abbreviation: RoL = three letters.
Rescue Rangers = 1 word + 2 syllables, and 1 word + 2 syllables = Abbreviation: RR = two letters.
Life of Guardians = 1 word + 1 syllable, 1 word + 1 syllable, and 1 word + 2 syllables (I pronounce it as "gar-jans", at least) = Abbreviation: LoG = three letters.

So the next would be the naming scheme like RR. Broken Timeline is BT, but I may change it later though, depending on how I can drive the story as I progress.

I didn't expect a complex method for naming the game but it does make sense. Hope you find the title soon, until then I'll just stick to BT.

DNE0CRU.png

More scripting... More scripting...

Christmas Break is almost over... ;~; Nuuuuuuu...!

That blonde Sprite looks great! I'm assuming a rival sprite? He does look like the rival type, the reboot looks great.

Unrelated but I think one of the most memorable moment in LoG was the attack on the school. So climatic and a great way to catapult the protagonist into the whole story. I hope there's more moments like that in BT. Also I wouldn't mind visiting another Pokemon Academy in BT assuming it contributes to the story. But since you said technology is not that prominent in the Crest region, then I guess an Academy in Crest would be strange. ^_^

Also since there's no more 5 Region business, what are the starters gonna be when you start the reboot? I wouldn't mind if the set of starters were a random toss up. {:3}

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Unrelated but I think one of the most memorable moment in LoG was the attack on the school. So climatic and a great way to catapult the protagonist into the whole story. I hope there's more moments like that in BT. Also I wouldn't mind visiting another Pokemon Academy in BT assuming it contributes to the story. But since you said technology is not that prominent in the Crest region, then I guess an Academy in Crest would be strange. ^_^

I can fit an 'academic theme' into the game, actually. That's not really a bad idea...

...You know what? I'm going to add it. Buuut, it'll only be optional. Because, seriously, we play hacks here, so ALL of us already know how to play a PKMN game. xD

Also since there's no more 5 Region business, what are the starters gonna be when you start the reboot? I wouldn't mind if the set of starters were a random toss up. {:3}

Starters, eh?
Maybe I'll just let this old video speak for itself? :P

Years
By the way something irrelevant about RR, i understand why torchic and chicorita must not evolve, but have you thought of making charcoal and miracle seed work as a light ball of sorts for them so they keep being as relevant as pikachu during the late stages of the game?

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Feb 11, 2016
Wow, it sure has been awhile. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was making up excuses for not working on Goldenrod City in one of the original betas :3. Hope this goes well for you djg, (If it's not already cancelled, I'm too lazy to look) And I look forward to playing it when/if I am able!

Edit: Just to avoid any confusion, I mean the new/rebooting game

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
The Jimmy battle/Lustersand Town camera freeze glitch that I was talking about in the PM is active in the attached .sav. It's lucky that you just encountered it!

Attachments

• Pokemon Ruby Destiny 3 - Life of Guardians.sav
    128 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Update

So I uploaded a new patch for LoG. The only thing new about this new patch is that I applied a fix for the infamous [Jimmy Battle Camera Going Haywire] glitch.

I've never encountered this glitch in LoG when I was still playing/beta testing it, so I never really had any idea on how to fix it...until yesterday (Sunday).

Yesterday, while I was testing the new events I added in BT reboot, I encountered that infamous LoG glitch, and found a way to fix it.

But I'm not sure if the fix I did in BT will also fix the glitch in LoG, but oh well~

vO6GusV.png

The Jimmy battle/Lustersand Town camera freeze glitch that I was talking about in the PM is active in the attached .sav. It's lucky that you just encountered it!

Here's your fixed save file.
Click Me~

Wow, it sure has been awhile. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was making up excuses for not working on Goldenrod City in one of the original betas :3. Hope this goes well for you djg, (If it's not already cancelled, I'm too lazy to look) And I look forward to playing it when/if I am able!

Edit: Just to avoid any confusion, I mean the new/rebooting game

Yeah, this new reboot isn't cancelled. I actually managed to make progress last weekend, and I'm honestly happy about it. :3

By the way something irrelevant about RR, i understand why torchic and chicorita must not evolve, but have you thought of making charcoal and miracle seed work as a light ball of sorts for them so they keep being as relevant as pikachu during the late stages of the game?

To be honest, nope. No, I haven't thought of it. Maybe I'll add it later down the road, either on the existing patch or to the future RR remake if I'll ever get into it.

Last edited:
Years
Update
To be honest, nope. No, I haven't thought of it. Maybe I'll add it later down the road, either on the existing patch or to the future RR remake if I'll ever get into it.

how hard is it to make them be obtainable at the stage where the mons reach around 35 and modify them to give torchic and chico th exact base stats blaziken and meganium would have? ;p
my guess is it must be quite, because i dont think any other item that modifies BASE stats exists, so no something to copy from

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
2 things: first, thank you for putting in an area to grind (victory road). I've been grossly under-leveled for these legendary fights, as the last trio of lvl 80 vessel/gira/zah battles were rough. Plus the ability to make money while doing so is clutch.

Second, is there a place to buy vitamins? I've only found a couple in my travels, but no salesmen. I just received baby lugia, so I'd like to make it happy with items. Thus far I've battled with it and raised it 50 levels (no fainting), but it hasn't evolved so I'm looking to speed the process.

[Edit: Also, another huge thank you for editing my save file so I could keep playing. This game is making me want to play the rest of the series]

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there a place to buy vitamins? I've only found a couple in my travels, but no salesmen. I just received baby lugia, so I'd like to make it happy with items. Thus far I've battled with it and raised it 50 levels (no fainting), but it hasn't evolved so I'm looking to speed the process.

I don't think I've added an NPC for that, but maybe I can add it and post another new patch later if I wouldn't be too tired to do so after work.

You can try walking/running around while holding the space bar to speed the emulator up, but that gets boring over time (+1 happiness to every 256 steps).

how hard is it to make them be obtainable at the stage where the mons reach around 35 and modify them to give torchic and chico th exact base stats blaziken and meganium would have? ;p
my guess is it must be quite, because i dont think any other item that modifies BASE stats exists, so no something to copy from

For Charcoal and Miracle Seed to add buffs to base stats... That's possible, but maybe on FireRed and Emerald as those have more research done on them than Ruby.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
I just finished the LoG game, and I have to say, it blew me away. By far the best storyline of all the Pokemon games that I've played, & I particularly like the branch potential and the dark direction the game eventually takes. Other hacks, like Uranium, have a kinda decent plot but are simply too glitchy. I only hit one game-halting glitch, and you personally helped me out with it right away. I am about to download the earlier games in the series so I can play through them because I think they'll be great too.

A few notes & ideas, if you're interested:
-There were subtle touches that I appreciated, like having a ".name" instead of just "name" format for the handful of OP Pokes. They were hidden Pokemon, like .Filename for hidden files!
-You have to run around backtracking a lot. If maybe you could fly with an earlier badge, that would've been really nice.
-In every Pokemon game, your mom (who is frequently your only family, and you're a child) is utterly unaware of what you're doing - she only has a couple of post-event text changes. I think it'd be neat if she had some new lines after every gym victory, etc., with a few more frequent updates. Especially since you save the world (twice) and I don't remember her noticing.
-I really want one Pokemon game to have a stay-at-home dad!
-The music choice was surprising in a very good way! Kokiri Forest! That was great, but maybe, possibly, it could be forest music during the day, something like Gerudo Valley theme at night?
-The new non-legendary Pokes were pretty balanced. Nice job!
-Awesome job, man. :)

Back