• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 1st Annual Turkey Bowl [Winner: 5qwerty]

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    The Turkey Bowl

Seasonal Showdown

Introduction: Welcome to BTB's first annual Turkey Bowl ™, a holiday themed tournament that's sure to be loads of fun. "But Sombra, what's the Turkey Bowl?" Well, I'm glad you asked! I'm more than happy to explain.

About: The concept here is simple. In the spirit of Ho-Oh, participants will be required to build a team which consists of only flying types. Yep, that's right. Only flying types. In addition to this, all teams are required to use a Ho-Oh. Now, If your Ho-Oh is knocked out of the battle by any means, you will automatically receive a loss. So yeah, you might want to focus on keeping it alive.

Rules: As with any tournament, there are rules. I advise you read this section carefully, because it's very
    important.

1. This should go without saying, but all battles will be held on our official battle server. Click here to be redirected to the server.
    2. All rounds are best of three. Battle replays must be saved & posted in this thread.
    3. As previously stated, every team must contain a Ho-Oh. If this Ho-Oh faints, you automatically lose the battle.
    4. You are allowed to use one additional Uber alongside Ho-Oh as long as it is a flying type.
    5. Mega Rayquaza is banned for this tournament.
    6. Stealth Rock is banned for this tournament.
    7. Breaking any of these rules will result in a loss! Be careful!

Conclusion: That pretty much covers it. If you're interested in joining, just post below saying that you're in. The tournament will start in 5 days, or as soon as we have 8 participants. I'll consider allowing more people in if there's enough interest.

CSS template credit goes to Achromatic

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Participants

1. Christos
    2. Ammy175
    3. Noa
    4. Nakasu
    5. Decidueye
    6. 5qwerty
    7. Omicron
    8. Nick Wilde
    9. Vetements
    10. Aurora
    11. Pelipper_Zachary
    12. Sam1994
    13. Mobile Tsk

Bracket

Here's the current bracket:

e8a39b3be2.png

This round starts now and will end Saturday, November 26th at 11:59 PM EST. Get those battles scheduled ASAP! Good luck, and have fun!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hmm, could be interesting... I'm not the best battler, but count me in.

Question: in the (unlikely) event that both Ho-Oh faint at the same time (such as through Double Edge or Life Orb recoil), how would the winner be determined? Or will the battle be a draw?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hmm, could be interesting... I'm not the best battler, but count me in.

Question: in the (unlikely) event that both Ho-Oh faint at the same time (such as through Double Edge or Life Orb recoil), how would the winner be determined? Or will the battle be a draw?

In this situation, the first Ho-Oh to actually faint is declared the loser and that trainer will receive the loss.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Totally in

EDIT: also clauses? can I bring five Talonflame?

EDIT 2: What's the ruling on Zard X? M-Pinsir?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Totally in

EDIT: also clauses? can I bring five Talonflame?

EDIT 2: What's the ruling on Zard X? M-Pinsir?

Since these are more or less Ubers battles, all clauses that apply to the tier are in effect for this tournament. Zard-X is not a flying type and may not be used. Base Form Pinsir is not a flying type either, so it may not be used despite its mega gaining the type.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    We're at 8 entrants, but I'll keep signups open for another 24 hours (just in case anyone else wants to join). After that, We'll begin.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I am in!...
    Can you please tell me whether a pokemon having flying and another different type can be used? Like Charizard or Dragonite?

I mean, considering there are a whole 2 Pokemon that are mono Flying (Tornadus and Arceus-Flying), and species clause is a thing, then I think it's safe to assume that it doesn't matter if they have another type, so long as one of their types is Flying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well, I don't think anyone else is joining. Consider signups closed. Bracket will be up soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Also, I know it may be tempting, but please do not go ahead in the bracket. I want battles to happen on a weekly basis for organizational reasons.

Back