• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Recipes

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Ah I see what you mean! I didn't consider that because I already have a juicer, and i have a high speed blender that can make ice cream pretty easily! And a food processor too if need be!
Fair enough! I've got blenders and food processors, so that's not a problem. From what I've looked up, making ice cream from scratch is harder without an ice cream-maker, so I'll leave that to you, haha.

That Pokemon Cafe looks amazing! We should definitely include that in the banner!

For some recipes ideas I've been thinking of a couple!

Vanniluxe Ice Cream Cones: (Double ice cream cone, vanilla ice cream with mix ins, a rolled-wafer out the side, gummy bananas for mouths, m&ms for eyes, etc)
Pokeball Layered Smoothie: Just a banana smoothie on the bottom and banana and raspberry on the top. I could decorate a mason jar to have a line on the outside of the jar so it looks like a Pokeball)
Flowerpot Oddishes: flowerpot cake on the bottom and then a cake pop/rice krispie oddish covered in fondant and placed on top! Like it's a lil pot plant!
Flowerpot Digglets/Dugtrios: Same thing as before but a bit easier
PokePuffs: Cupcakes decorated into the shape of Pokepuffs
Poffins: Dyed sweet mochi balls (possibly altered to have poffin flavours (sour/spicy/sweet/bitter/dry )
On April Fools: Donuts (rice cakes)

the list goes on! I need to start baking again *sigh*
These are neat ideas! I've been thinking about other ideas, and I think we can definitely also draw inspiration from food and drinks from the Pokemon universe. That can include:

Pokeblocks
Rage Candy Bars
Casteliacones
Lumiose Galettes
Shalour Sablés

Other ideas I've got:
Tropius banana milkshakes
Litwick cupcakes
Chimchar fruit flambé
Jifflypuff yogurt cup

I found a blog that made recipes for the Old Gateau, Lava Cookie and Poffins, which I think are awesome, but I definitely think we should make our own recipes instead of reusing pre-existing ones without permission.

I've found some other neat sources of inspiration, though: Pokemon official released some Youtube videos on making Pokemon-themed food, some of which I found here. Additionally, in Japan, Pokemon Fan Magazine publishes photos of Pokemon-themed food in many issues, though I can't find a single place with all of the images, but here are a bunch!

I don't necessarily have an idea for the first article, but a Pokeball theme seems nice. Perhaps a food instead of a drink?

~Psychic

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Fair enough! I've got blenders and food processors, so that's not a problem. From what I've looked up, making ice cream from scratch is harder without an ice cream-maker, so I'll leave that to you, haha.

These are neat ideas! I've been thinking about other ideas, and I think we can definitely also draw inspiration from food and drinks from the Pokemon universe. That can include:

Pokeblocks
Rage Candy Bars
Casteliacones
Lumiose Galettes
Shalour Sablés

Other ideas I've got:
Tropius banana milkshakes
Litwick cupcakes
Chimchar fruit flambé
Jifflypuff yogurt cup

I found a blog that made recipes for the Old Gateau, Lava Cookie and Poffins, which I think are awesome, but I definitely think we should make our own recipes instead of reusing pre-existing ones without permission.

I've found some other neat sources of inspiration, though: Pokemon official released some Youtube videos on making Pokemon-themed food, some of which I found here. Additionally, in Japan, Pokemon Fan Magazine publishes photos of Pokemon-themed food in many issues, though I can't find a single place with all of the images, but here are a bunch!

I don't necessarily have an idea for the first article, but a Pokeball theme seems nice. Perhaps a food instead of a drink?

~Psychic

those are some great ideas! I didn't even think about some of those in game ones :) !

Pokeball decorated cupcakes maybe then? You can buy ready to foll fondant at most supermarkets, I'd be happy to make some!

But one thing that does concern me is photo quality, because I don't have a good camera :/

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I experimented with pokeball cupcakes this weekend and fondant is god awful (:
I made some cute ass roses tho.

Pokeball sugar cookies are the next on my list :) ! They sound like they would be easier to ice

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Once you've settled on a recipe to share, let us know and we can set up the thread for you to draft it! (You can always draft it in here instead however).

I suppose it only matters which one is first btw - even if multiple people write a recipe article we can always stagger when they go up on Daily. The first one probably needs an additional bit in its introduction to talk about the series, is all.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
In The Mall, there's a Cooking Challenge that we have going on each week (although we need to update it soon.) If you want, we can make one of the weekly challenges that users need to make delicious sweets based on Pokemon? That way we can get you some outside help that's way you don't need to doe everything yourself (: Or if anything, it can be a community-based article that showcases some of the chefs from PokeCommunity!

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
those are some great ideas! I didn't even think about some of those in game ones :) !

Pokeball decorated cupcakes maybe then? You can buy ready to foll fondant at most supermarkets, I'd be happy to make some!

But one thing that does concern me is photo quality, because I don't have a good camera :/
Thanks! I love conceptualizing stuff like this. :>

I have access to great camera equipment - my partner is doing a Master's in Film Production and just got a top-of-the-line cinema camera, and has offered to help with photography for this column!

I experimented with pokeball cupcakes this weekend and fondant is god awful (:
I made some cute ass roses tho.

Pokeball sugar cookies are the next on my list :) ! They sound like they would be easier to ice
Yeeaaah, I haven't worked with fondant yet but it looks like it takes practice. Let us know how the sugar cookies go!

I may try out Pokeball cake pops - my friends have a cake pop-maker, so I'm going to see if I can borrow it from then when I see them on Thursday. Since this has already been done before by people like Nerdy Nummies, I have an idea for making it slightly unique. I've only tried making cake pops once, so I'll let you guys know how it guys!

~Psychic

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
In The Mall, there's a Cooking Challenge that we have going on each week (although we need to update it soon.) If you want, we can make one of the weekly challenges that users need to make delicious sweets based on Pokemon? That way we can get you some outside help that's way you don't need to doe everything yourself (: Or if anything, it can be a community-based article that showcases some of the chefs from PokeCommunity!

That's a wonderful idea! It could even be savoury, it would be great to uncover some of pokecommunitys masterchefs!

Thanks! I love conceptualizing stuff like this. :>

I have access to great camera equipment - my partner is doing a Master's in Film Production and just got a top-of-the-line cinema camera, and has offered to help with photography for this column!

Yeeaaah, I haven't worked with fondant yet but it looks like it takes practice. Let us know how the sugar cookies go!

I may try out Pokeball cake pops - my friends have a cake pop-maker, so I'm going to see if I can borrow it from then when I see them on Thursday. Since this has already been done before by people like Nerdy Nummies, I have an idea for making it slightly unique. I've only tried making cake pops once, so I'll let you guys know how it guys!

~Psychic

Cake pops sound like a wonderful idea :) !
If you get those and nice pictures to boot, I'll happily help you with writing the article! Or if you need another person to test a recipe to make sure it's good before posting, I'm your man!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Sounds like a good idea. I'd suggest mentioning the Daily article thing for any completed submissions, provided they give a clear recipe and at least one image (the more the better though :V).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump! Don't want to let a (imo) good article series idea and cover art ideas for it to go to waste. If you guys (or anyone else reading) have something to offer or would like us to feature, let us know!
(Checking up on the above, hence the notification for you!)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I'll check with Kels and see if we can whip something up in the next day or two. Might not be something in terms of a "cooking challenge," but may showcase some of our site's more expert chefs and bakers out there in the end.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I bought a nutri bullet recently, so I might make a Pokeball smoothie in a day or two!

probably just be a layered smoothie, but it's still something

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Bump! Don't want to let a (imo) good article series idea and cover art ideas for it to go to waste. If you guys (or anyone else reading) have something to offer or would like us to feature, let us know!
(Checking up on the above, hence the notification for you!)
Hm, well I made a recipe for Candy from Pokemon GO on my food Tumblr here, so I could republish that as an article? Not sure if you guys are okay with republishing things in the Daily, though. :x

tumblr_inline_oee6qyehhN1sf6h0w_500.jpg

~Psychic

bobandbill

one more time
Years
BUMP need an answer D=
Hm, well I made a recipe for Candy from Pokemon GO on my food Tumblr here, so I could republish that as an article? Not sure if you guys are okay with republishing things in the Daily, though. :x

tumblr_inline_oee6qyehhN1sf6h0w_500.jpg

~Psychic
Dang they look delicious. o_o

Anyways, we're fine with republishing! The only caveat is that we don't want to do that a lot. Thus far there's only the one article that's been republished (which also had some updating done to it anyways), so that's not an issue here. A couple things may have to be added - a short introduction if it's the first article in the series to introduce said series, and also a link to your webpage at the end for the original article + more.

Do you have any larger versions of that image or others that you think would work for the article cover image?

I'll see what others think about it but I don't think anyone is going to object. :B

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Sorry I have neglected my own idea, bobandbill :(

It's been crunch time for a while, but it's starting to wain, so I might have a chance to experiment with some pokemon recipes!

I've been dying to make macarons for a while, and I really want to make Teddiursa style ones, so if I do that I'll let you know

In the mean time I will try to make a writeup for a Pokeball layered smoothie or smoothie bowl, just because I have seen a lot of online chefs jump on the pokemon go bandwagon and make some (if someone calls it a pokemon-ball again they're getting a cold hard doubleslap in the face), but we'll see how I go

Back