• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
So huh, i got this item called "????????", what does it do? I'm wondering.
Found a problem involving Pidgeotto. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Pidgeotto evolves into...Pidgeotto, instead of Pidgeot.
Both these are new bugs from patch 2.2.11. You can make pidgeotto evolve correctly by patching to 2.2.10 then back to 2.2.11. I technically can't fix anything on my computer at uni, but I might be able to call in some favours. Will be out in the evening, I'll just update patch 2.2.11 with the fix and then put a separate patch called bug fix in the attachments.

toxic orb?
on wild tentacruel (they get poisoned from it), or the mood checker in pacifidlog, with a mon who hates you. ( the guy who used to give you tm frustration and tm return)
---

life upd8: I've been releasing lots and lots of incremental patches because I think constant change keeps things fresh, but that mentality is what is putting me in an endless cycle of releasing bugfixes that create new ones. sorry for not taking the hint sooner guys.
Next patch after this one will be in about half a year's time or so.

It's going to be big: there's a new game mode where you reset one of your pokemon to level 5, fight through some survival mode maps, then get rewarded with perfect ivs, and I'm planning 8 80x80 tile new maps for it. It already has an IV checker, an ability switcher, and a player name changer in hoenn. Then I have some more planned: I'm going to decap properly,gonna redo the entire level curve, fix the weird contest sprites and weird contest effects (all 700 of them), and balance the 800 options in the frontier, and the 400 options in the battle tents. And in my personal build, there's already hella bugs, so I'll have to mend those. see u then.

I will also no longer be answering questions in the thread (excluding maybe bug reports)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
In response to your last post, I too encountered the pidgeotto glitch, but it still there even after patching 2.2.1

And to answer your survey, I think you did a good job retyping the mons, I'm just going to name the ones that should be returned to its original typing

- Rapidash (why normal? It doesnt even learn any good stab moves besides return)
- chimeco (not seeing the urgency nor rationale for adding ghost typing, if anything it makes chimeco more fragile)
- Granbul (why have normal typing and then pixilate which remove all of its possible stabs? Pure fairy was fine imo)
- venomoth (tbh not entirely against it, movepool is good with the typing, just not seeing why its a dragon, poison becomes a very coveted type since you added damage reduction while opposing mon is poisoned)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Just to report a bug (I don't know if it has already been reported) but using a leaf stone on Lombre doesn't work (recursive evolution like Pidgeotto) and you can use a evolution stone on an already evolved Eevee, no matter the evolution chosen.

Trainer 766

Just to report a bug (I don't know if it has already been reported) but using a leaf stone on Lombre doesn't work (recursive evolution like Pidgeotto) and you can use a evolution stone on an already evolved Eevee, no matter the evolution chosen.

Lombre evolves with a Water Stone, no?

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Evolving Eeveelutions with stones is a feature, not a glitch. Lombre indeed evolves with a leafstone, not a water stone.

Luuma! Did you screw with the match call chit-chat?!

Regarding Solrock... And probably Lunatone. I picked a Solrock up, having never tried one out before and since I'm doing a 'heliotrope' schtick (pokemon relating to or being drawn to the sun or sunlight, or just light). Had to have my glorious sundisc. Anyway, I noticed that they have pretty poor special attack despite their learnset being remarkably 50/50 between physical and special moves and learning a lot of special move TMs... Plus their better moves seem to be special. Did you tinker with their move-pool much when you did your rebalancnig and such and gave them Gravity as an ability? This game is a bit sparse on EXP so I don't want to spend several days trying to grind one up to level 50 or 60 on another save just to see if their move pool suits physical more or the same.

Last edited:

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
I think I found a couple glitch items. They show as a question mark icon with ???????? as the name, right? One in Starrim Fall up in the ice caps and one in Bulba Jungle. I think. I might be misremembering, but I'm quite certain it was in Bulba Jungle.

luuma

Years
I think I found a couple glitch items. They show as a question mark icon with ???????? as the name, right? One in Starrim Fall up in the ice caps and one in Bulba Jungle. I think. I might be misremembering, but I'm quite certain it was in Bulba Jungle.

These are cxaused by applying multiple patches on top of one another. I'm like 99 percent sure of it. Don't do that, the patch will always mess up!

Explanation:
Spoiler:

Basically, as long as you make a clean rom for each new patch, you won't be affected by this.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 4, 2022
Hi luuma! I have a only recently played your romhack and I have been enjoying it so far! I really like the different changes in abilities and stats. Although I have a question:

For some reason, when I imported my save from v 2.2.10 to play on 2.2.11, the abilities got swapped? For instance I have 2 sandshrews, one with with sand stream and other with sand rush. Normally I wouldn't mind, but my delta stream pidgeotto now has no guard, my misty surge swablu has natural cure, and my gale wings taillow is now guts :(. Is there a way to fix this?

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
I understand, I'll keep that in mind, re: chain patch shenanigans. Would this also possibly cause a swimmer guy named Chad to intercept this swimmer girl's battle encounter just west of the barren ... sandbar next to the the shard-hunter's house, or is this shenanigans of a different breed?

Also, tealbee33, a lot of ability slots got swapped around in that patch so a great many mons you had now have the other ability.

Welp. I just saw all the Weedle line's dex entries. Luuma, I'm not even gonna pretend I have the foggiest idea what in the world you're talking about in there.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
Would this also possibly cause a swimmer guy named Chad to intercept this swimmer girl's battle encounter just west of the barren ... sandbar next to the the shard-hunter's house, or is this shenanigans of a different breed?
Does he do anything buggy, or was it just that you were trying to encounter the lass swimmer and this guy swam into the way? Doesn't sound like a bug, but if it looks odd, I'll probably want to change it eventually lol
You stated taht the ini file is in the zip with the patches? I don't seem to find it though
My bad, added it in now

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Does he do anything buggy, or was it just that you were trying to encounter the lass swimmer and this guy swam into the way? Doesn't sound like a bug, but if it looks odd, I'll probably want to change it eventually lo

Yeah when I say intercept, I don't mean he swam in and stole the fight, I mean he stole the fight from beyond space and time. The swimmer guy doesn't seem to exist. I found it funny a guy named Chad muscled in on the fight so the thought crossed my mind you did this on purpose. But when the lass initiated the fight, everything as normal, black screen fight-start transition, then there's Chad. And afterward, I can't find Chad and the lass behaves like we already fought.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 20, 2018
Made an account here just to leave this message.

1) This ROM is awesome. Pure and simple.

2) I just patched from the base game to 2.2.11. I was at the weather institute (first time) in the base game, couldn't proceed on the route because an invisible wall. Patched the game, wall is still there. Ok I assume that's intentional. Go back to get the acro bike. Lo and behold! The boxes are back in Mauville!

So I'm rather stuck on the wrong side of the pokemon center and bike shop at the moment :| And while I can go ALLL the way around and back, I assume this is something you'd wanna fix.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 25, 2023
I've also encountered the ????????? Glitch item, and I made sure to only apply one of the patches to the rom. Any Ideas on what it could be?

luuma

Years
Lo and behold! The boxes are back in Mauville!

So I'm rather stuck on the wrong side of the pokemon center and bike shop at the moment :| And while I can go ALLL the way around and back, I assume this is something you'd wanna fix.

lass triggers chad battle
I've also encountered the ????????? Glitch item, and I made sure to only apply one of the patches to the rom. Any Ideas on what it could be?

Added these to the first post. I'm knee deep in exams atm, not much access to rom tools, but I'll see what I can do about all these. Boxes being back in mauville is going to be a mess to fix - from everything I can see, it looks like the flag I used is safe.

for the ?????? item, I gotta ask - where on earth did you find it? I swear I looked everywhere for that thing!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 25, 2023
for the ?????? item, I gotta ask - where on earth did you find it? I swear I looked everywhere for that thing!

I found it on the snowy mountain, it's near the meteor falls exit right above Rustboro. There's gonna be a running trainer right before it. If you want, I can send you my patched rom over pm of something.

Last edited:
Back