• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
glad to see an update ^^ though I think the .ini file has not been updated along with it
there you go!
Any particular reason Scyther can't learn cut?

this is quite literally second most requested feature in the game behind gen 4 evos, so I'm caving in lmao

ive just nerfed paras and nincada and dustox by denying them access to their 60 power bug type stab cut move
now it's a 65 power normal type move instead
but the good news is scyther can now learn cut again in patch 2.41

The reason was balance. 60 power bug stab move on a pokemon with technician is too strong

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
You said that there are people who kept asking you to add gen 4 evolution. Maybe they just don't know you have upgraded the stats of the corresponding preevolutions? Having a 4th gen evo with the currently revamped stat does seem a bit redundant

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Is there any way to get sunkern without the acro bike? The patch of grass on route 103 seems inaccessible.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
aaaand there WAS a major bug with patch 2.4. All fishing encounters became tauros again.
I've put out a new patch, fixing this and some minor text bugs.
Applying this patch on top of the old patch won't fix the major fishing bug

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 3, 2018
Is there an up-to-date evolution change chart that I have missed somewhere? I've noticed that there are tweaks to the evolution level of many pokemon (drowzee, mudkip, etc...) that are not captured on the evolution change chart on the front page, and wasn't able to find this info in any of the attached documention.

Cheers and thanks for the great ROM!

Last edited:

Galexio

Pokémon Professor Assistant
Years
All fishing encounters became tauros again.

"yo, Lenny! Yer not gonna believe this! So I was down by the river to catch some Magikarp for dinner, right? When all of a sudden a FRIGGING TAUROS emerged from the water! They're not even native to this area! I done bolted right outta there before it caught sight of me. I've sure seen the strangest thing, I'll tell you what."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hi! I've looked through the entire thread and I still need help! I have 7 badges, and I spoke to Steven about getting HM Dive. He tells me to go to the Tar Pit south of Mt. Pyre, but I went and there's no pink haired girl waiting for me. I even looked for her in the surrounding routes and spoke to everyone in the Tar Pit. I would post a picture but I can't yet :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Hey Luuma, I found 2 interesting bugs. The first bug is In Slateport. If you don't let the Name Rater rate your pokemon's name, he/she will challenge you to a battle as a swimmer girl. Once you beat him/her you can still change your pokemon's name, but if you decline you will get the trainer defeat quote. The second bug seems to be with repels. Once my repel ran out, it wouldn't let me use another one. It says that the previous repel is still in effect however, that isn't the case. Even if I save and turn off the game, it still won't let me use a new repel. Thankfully, none of these bugs are game breaking and I'm really enjoying nuzlocking through this game.

Edit:
I found another bug. If you pick up the safety specs in mauville and look at the description, the game will freeze. Also the repel glitch seemed to fix after I went into meteor falls. I have no clue why it fixed it's self though.

Last edited:
Years
Do you recommend any specific emulator for this rom? I can't get it to open with visual boy advance or with deSmuMe. Or maybe there is something I'm not doing properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Do you recommend any specific emulator for this rom? I can't get it to open with visual boy advance or with deSmuMe. Or maybe there is something I'm not doing properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you patched it to a clean emerald rom

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
Hey Luuma or anybody who can help������
1. I have just beaten The elite 4 and i wanted to catch both groudon and Koygre first.. But when i go back to the Mt.Pyre (where we meet maxie and the other guy returning the orbs to the old couple) and talk to the old lady, she does not give the orbs to me.. Then i tried visit the place where groudon and kyogre is hiding, but they are not there? How do i catch them or where do i get the orbs?
(NVM I FOUND THEM XD (nicely done with the weather institue????????????)

2. I tried to visit route 115 where Registeel is. But i cant find any entrance to the cave. There is this small Mountain but i see no entrance..

plz Help have been trying to figure this out for hours now.

3: catching latias. i have both bikes and i did ride up on the small slope. but nothing is there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018

Try using GBA4ios (Gameboy advance Emulator) if u use apple. it works perfectly fine there

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
Where can I find Treecko? I patched the latest version to a clean Emerald ROM and the Pokédex states that it can't be found, but the OP says that it is found on the Petalburg Woods and it isn't there.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Where can I find Treecko? I patched the latest version to a clean Emerald ROM and the Pokédex states that it can't be found, but the OP says that it is found on the Petalburg Woods and it isn't there.

The only way to get Treeko is by breeding Grovyle. Grovyles can be found in the Forest Rapids and route 119.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Okay, this may seem nooby, but I'm absolutely stuck.

I have just beaten the 7th gym, cleared out team magma, but I cannot enter the team aqua cave. i don't know what to do. Any help?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
Okay, this may seem nooby, but I'm absolutely stuck.

I have just beaten the 7th gym, cleared out team magma, but I cannot enter the team aqua cave. i don't know what to do. Any help?

You have to look for the move Dive, which u can find between rt123 and rt135. ( A pink haired girl has the TM/HM Dive)

Back