• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Update - Return of EXP. Candies!)

Kobazco

Gex Fan
Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1
    QrTxdpw.png
    k78tWGs.png

I can't believe I am finally writing this, but Phives and I are proud to finally present Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield, a difficulty romhack. Why release another romhack when Sacred Sword & King's Shield is out, you may ask? Well to be quite honest, that project was rushed and is not something we are particularly proud of. So, we have been working on an entirely new one ever since the release of the Crown Tundra. Now, over half a year later and a LOT of hours sunk into playtesting, we are finally ready to release the first version!

Intro - What is Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield?
    Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield is a difficulty romhack, taking inspiration mostly from Drayano's work. However, I also played Radical Red last year and took some inspiration from that, although outside of QoL features those are purely optional. So don't worry if you want to play in Switch mode and use healing items in battle! We've made edits to nearly every Pokemon, mainly focusing on making egg and tutor moves available through normal level up movesets as well as providing buffs and new moves to tons of different Pokémon. Of course, there is documentation for everything included in the google drive folder with the download. We've of course redone the team of every single trainer in the game, and hope to encourage team building in order to over come these challenges. However, it is important to remember that all of this is done within the confines of Sword & Shield. We cannot make the AI super smart, nor can we force certain aspects like a level cap, etc. However, we have gone to great lengths in order to make it the best we possible could.

Notable Features:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots (there are lot of them and they are BIG so here is your warning):
    Spoiler:

Details for how to install are in the README included in the Google Drive folder. Please read it. Documentation is also in that folder, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

Spoiler:

Video Detailing the Changes

Credits & Thanks
    • The amazing creators of pkNX, this project would not be possible without their hard work
    • Drayano, for allowing us to reference some of their changes from Renegade Platinum.
    • The creator of Radical Red, soupercell, for allowing us to use certain Pokémon edits from their romhack in ours
    • https://twitter.com/__Toner___ for the logos

Pokejobs being broken is an intentional feature in order to prevent an EXP/EV exploit.
    The only part of the Post Game that is currently finished is the Hop & Sordward/Shielbert section. Champions Cup rematches and such are not edited yet.

Last edited:

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Just did a quick update to make Haunter able to evolve without trading, update if you plan on using one!

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Therealzef make sure you are playing on Pokemon Sword/Shield 1.3 or above. I playtested the entire game on yuzu, so it definitely works just fine.

Years
    • Seen today
    This made me go back to SwSh, and so far it is definitely well worth it, especially as now the game runs smoothly for me

One question so far
    In the item documentation, you mention that all of the EV training items are in Motostoke city BP shop
    However, I couldn't find any information on where the shop actually is
    Could this be a mistake, and the items are in Hammerlocke?
    If this is correct, could you please tell me where to find the BP shop? would love to EV train and prepare for the challenge ahead

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    This made me go back to SwSh, and so far it is definitely well worth it, especially as now the game runs smoothly for me

One question so far
    In the item documentation, you mention that all of the EV training items are in Motostoke city BP shop
    However, I couldn't find any information on where the shop actually is
    Could this be a mistake, and the items are in Hammerlocke?
    If this is correct, could you please tell me where to find the BP shop? would love to EV train and prepare for the challenge ahead

The BP shop in Hammerlocke is in the center Pokemon center, talk to the league staff next to the shop counter.

Years
    • Seen today
    The BP shop in Hammerlocke is in the center Pokemon center, talk to the league staff next to the shop counter.

So that is a mistake in the excel sheet, the BP store isn't in Motostoke?
    The EV training gear is in Hammerlocke?

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    So that is a mistake in the excel sheet, the BP store isn't in Motostoke?
    The EV training gear is in Hammerlocke?

Oh my goodness I'm sorry LOL. I just fixed the sheet, its in Hammerlocke yeah.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    I was trying to get an Alolan Raichu but it says pikachu is incompatible with the sun stone.

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I was trying to get an Alolan Raichu but it says pikachu is incompatible with the sun stone.

This was a bug that I fixed yesterday morning, so redownload the mod if you got it before then.

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I just fixed a ton of evolution issues that somehow got messed up, so please update if you haven't already!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2021
    Game doesn't start on Yuzu, last early acess build, 1.3.2 version of the game, stuck on an endless load screen
    It works completely fine without the mod checked

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Game doesn't start on Yuzu, last early acess build, 1.3.2 version of the game, stuck on an endless load screen
    It works completely fine without the mod checked

How long are you actually giving it? It takes upwards of a minute or so to launch. Yuzu itself just isn;t consistent across the board. I have a majority of people say it works just fine, and I myself test it and play on Yuzu. But due to the nature of it, I can't really help anyone specifically because of how inconsistent it is.

Sorry, but any Yuzu issues you'll have to figure out yourself, cause like I said it works for the majority of people so all I can say is it must be something on your end. Make sure you're using the correct mod structure, title id, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2021
    Hallo, Great mod and loving it except for Yuzu being a pain with pokemon games, the only problem is that my scyther is not evolving while holding metal coat, it is already 56 am i missing something?

Years
    • Seen today
    So far I've just beaten Bea's gym, and I am having a blast here
    I'm surprised just how well a poison spikes team is handling this game, as I have never really used a more defensive team

Love what you've done with the gym leader. I'm having a ton of fun trying to figure out what team to bring to each gym, and actually I like grinding the team up for it, at least so far
    Really recommend grinding on Chanseys outside Hammerlocke

A few notes I've gathered, mostly regarding the documentation
    In the item sheet, you mentioned putting some TMs as possible held items. however, not all of these pokemon are mentioned in the spawn table, so it might not be possible to obtain (Pangoro and Lucario don't seem to have spawns)
    Also, in the notable trainer sheet, there is something strange regarding Bea and Allister. each has two level sets, and they are mentioned in the wrong game (Bea in Shield, even though she is the gym leader in Sword). does this mean there is a second match with the other gym leader in the game? if so, how and when is it available?
    One final note, you have removed XP candies from raid battles. however, they are still obtainable from the 100 Watt NPC encounters (those that give you some random items for 100 Watts). is this intentional?

I'll keep reporting issues if I find anything else, but so far it is running smoothly and it is a hell of a lot of fun to play

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Heyo, I've beaten Kabu thus far and I'm enjoying the hack, although I still feel like some pokemon still need adjustments in the stats and movepool department, especially those slow as molasses Alolan Pokemon and a certain physical electric lion :p

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Hallo, Great mod and loving it except for Yuzu being a pain with pokemon games, the only problem is that my scyther is not evolving while holding metal coat, it is already 56 am i missing something?
    Hi, I fixed this bug 2 days ago. I suggest updating if you haven't, that should fix your issue.

So far I've just beaten Bea's gym, and I am having a blast here
    I'm surprised just how well a poison spikes team is handling this game, as I have never really used a more defensive team

Love what you've done with the gym leader. I'm having a ton of fun trying to figure out what team to bring to each gym, and actually I like grinding the team up for it, at least so far
    Really recommend grinding on Chanseys outside Hammerlocke

A few notes I've gathered, mostly regarding the documentation
    In the item sheet, you mentioned putting some TMs as possible held items. however, not all of these pokemon are mentioned in the spawn table, so it might not be possible to obtain (Pangoro and Lucario don't seem to have spawns)
    Also, in the notable trainer sheet, there is something strange regarding Bea and Allister. each has two level sets, and they are mentioned in the wrong game (Bea in Shield, even though she is the gym leader in Sword). does this mean there is a second match with the other gym leader in the game? if so, how and when is it available?
    One final note, you have removed XP candies from raid battles. however, they are still obtainable from the 100 Watt NPC encounters (those that give you some random items for 100 Watts). is this intentional?

I'll keep reporting issues if I find anything else, but so far it is running smoothly and it is a hell of a lot of fun to play

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. Pangoro and Lucario are available as static high level encounters throughout the wild area, just as they were in base SwSh. We didn't edit the static encounters, so I suggest using something like serebii for that.

The eviolite trainer in Ballonlea is where you can fight the Gym Leader of the other version (Allister in Sword, Bea in Shield)

As for the XP candies, I can't really edit that, but its okay. They barely give any and its not like it will break game balance, so I'm not too worried about it.

Heyo, I've beaten Kabu thus far and I'm enjoying the hack, although I still feel like some pokemon still need adjustments in the stats and movepool department, especially those slow as molasses Alolan Pokemon and a certain physical electric lion :p

Well, Alolan Ninetales is already a very good Pokemon due to Snow Warning + Aurora Veil, and Alolan Sandslash has Slush Rush access to be fast. But its meant to be more bulky, have you seen it has Prism Armor as its HA? Buffing it anymore would definitely put it over the top.

Either way, mon balance changes will come after I get a lot more feed back :p

Also, I just updated fixing some more evolutions, so update if you haven't already! Sorry for any inconveniences.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Oh I was referring to the likes of Vikavolt and Decidueye, I already know the regional variants are good. Pokemon that gamefreak made slow for no other reason than 'we had too many fast pokemon in the last gen'

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    quick question for the sake of my curiosity and so i dont mess anything up seeing as it wasnt said in the documentation to my knowledge: since im playing this on yuzu do i need to install the DLCs or should i leave them out of the files?

Back