• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Update - Return of EXP. Candies!)

Kobazco

Gex Fan
Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    quick question for the sake of my curiosity and so i dont mess anything up seeing as it wasnt said in the documentation to my knowledge: since im playing this on yuzu do i need to install the DLCs or should i leave them out of the files?

All you need is version 1.3 or above. You can play with or without the dlc

Years
    • Seen today
    I've just beaten Gordie, and I'm having a blast
    However, could it be that the levels of wild pokemon don't really increase properly compared with the increase in levels of important battles?
    trying to grind new team members to level 70 on level 40 - 45 pokemon takes ages (even if grinding on Blisseys while holding Lucky Eggs)
    Looking at the documentation, wild pokemon don't really increase levels past 70, and getting to level 90 on level 70 mons would take a long time, but maybe that will be manageable (I'll have to test that)
    It just seems that between Bea and Gordie the increase in levels far outweighs the increase in wild pokemon levels, meaning that it takes hours to prepare a team for each new gym

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I've just beaten Gordie, and I'm having a blast
    However, could it be that the levels of wild pokemon don't really increase properly compared with the increase in levels of important battles?
    trying to grind new team members to level 70 on level 40 - 45 pokemon takes ages (even if grinding on Blisseys while holding Lucky Eggs)
    Looking at the documentation, wild pokemon don't really increase levels past 70, and getting to level 90 on level 70 mons would take a long time, but maybe that will be manageable (I'll have to test that)
    It just seems that between Bea and Gordie the increase in levels far outweighs the increase in wild pokemon levels, meaning that it takes hours to prepare a team for each new gym

Hi there. In regards to the wild Pokemon, they have to be lower leveled otherwise the player would not be able to catch them due to the catch limit imposed by the game.

In terms of leveling, I did grind a few new team members in my own playthrough and what I can recommend is going to the Lake of Outrage with animations turned off and a lucky egg. Since there are so many chances for a Blissey to spawn, and at 10% as well, you should always see one. Even if they are lower level than Route 10, you'll still be getting at least a level per 2 Blissey at the later levels, and it hopefully should not take too long.

I wish I could easily change this, but I don't have the knowledge to make a code edits for it. Also, you should not have to be so over leveled to 90 after only the 6th gym. I didn't even have level 90s until Leon for the most part, EV training as well as specific counters and held items can go a long long way. Also the AI in SwSh still is far from perfect and exploitable.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi there. In regards to the wild Pokemon, they have to be lower leveled otherwise the player would not be able to catch them due to the catch limit imposed by the game.

In terms of leveling, I did grind a few new team members in my own playthrough and what I can recommend is going to the Lake of Outrage with animations turned off and a lucky egg. Since there are so many chances for a Blissey to spawn, and at 10% as well, you should always see one. Even if they are lower level than Route 10, you'll still be getting at least a level per 2 Blissey at the later levels, and it hopefully should not take too long.

I wish I could easily change this, but I don't have the knowledge to make a code edits for it. Also, you should not have to be so over leveled to 90 after only the 6th gym. I didn't even have level 90s until Leon for the most part, EV training as well as specific counters and held items can go a long long way. Also the AI in SwSh still is far from perfect and exploitable.

I need to clarify what I said regarding level 90
    I was looking at the fights ahead of me (up to Leon), and checked the wild pokemon levels up until that point
    obviously you don't need to over level any gym, if you use careful planning

The main issue with the lake of outrage is that you need to get the ability to surf to get there, which means getting past the 6th gym
    This means that there is still a rather bad grind between the 4th and 6th gym
    I'm at least glad it is easier past that point

An option to make the grind easier would be to return XP candies to Raids, but only to 3+ stars
    This means you won't be able to get them early on, but you should be able to get them when the grind becomes more problematic
    I forgot about the level caps for catching pokemon, so I totally understand why wild levels have to be rather low

Anyhow, I'm having fun with the game, so I'll keep playing and see how the end game is

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2021
    @Kobazco i had a ton of fun on the game and loved every min of it, I am wondering if you would also make a randomizer version of it where the game stay the same but the spawns are completely random? again thanks a ton for the game it was amazing

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Thanks for everyone who has been playing! Just did a small patch fixing Inkay's evolution, as well as making the dubious disc on porygon a 5% chance instead of a 1% chance.

Some notes:

It is known to not work on sx os. Use Atmosphere.
    Emulator crashes are inconsistent and mostly user faulted. The game was tested fully on both console and emulator.
    The crash on console for Pokejobs is intentional in order to prevent an exploit.
    The Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are both unedited at this time. Do not go to them.
    Neither are the Champion's Cup rematches of the post game.

For now, we're on a break just fixing bugs as they come. Eventually we hope to do an update adding more edited trainers, etc, for the post game. Thanks for all the support thus far!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    idk how common this issue is but for some reason when i try and play this i get rather bad lag but if i play something such as the OG hyrule warriors the lag is near non existent, keep in mind im on a mid tier rig...........

also whenever i try and save my game it just locks up on the save screen

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I've done some updates fixing more evolutions such as Inkays, as well as making sure some other things work properly. Please redownload!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just started playing, I have quick question. Does the starter you pick have a chance of having a second ability? Or do you have to use an ability capsule to get its second ability?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    @kobazco can you create or implemnt a disable Exp Share on pokémon Divine Sword?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Just wanted to mention some suggestions I have for this game:

Please put the Zo giving items back in the game, grinding against Audinos is painfully slow. For my nuzlocke I cheated in rare candies because I just couldn't take grinding anymore.

Please sell the art boosting items somewhere after the third gym. The farther in the game you get the more ridiculous it is to try to grind the feathers for all of your Pokémon it's just not feasible to keep up with the AI, at least for a nuzlcoke.

I really enjoy your game though. Gives life to games that are far to easy on your own. Btw I made it up to Opal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I have run into an issue recently: Nidoran m and Magby are Pikachus with no cry. Is this a known error? Playing on yuzu.

Edit: TM Names are also now blank. This wasn't the case before the Yuzu update.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is there any way to change Pokemon natures before post game, like in Radical Red?
    EDIT: Got my answer, if you play through the raids you'll get the mint drops allowing you to change nature.

Last edited:

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

Spoiler:

Video Detailing the Changes

Last edited:

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    For anyone that updated, please do so again. Fixed a few issues and even added in a brand new NPC as a test in Ballonlea's Pokecenter that can give your Pokemon Max Soup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCFKguAhAr4

SzMcQDa.png
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    So I have a question, is the fact that when an NPC trainer is about to send in a pokemon and it doesn't say what pokemon is coming in despite being set to switch mode, is that intentional?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    Hi.

I get an error trying to open the renamed mystery gift menu "Divine Sword Blessed Shield".
    I included a short demo gif.
    My setup:
    yuzu version: 841
    game version 1.3.2 incl. the 2 dlcs

Can anyone help me ?

GIF: https://imgur.com/a/Tq3K3ar

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2021
    Can someone walk me through on how to play the rom? I've downloaded what I was supposed to above but don't know how to get the rom.

Back