• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] character design

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • how are y'all feeling about the characters that have been revealed so far? digging the designs? faves? least faves?

honestly aside from leon i think galar fashion is peak tbh. nessa is my fave character shown so far and uhhhh sorry leon but not a fan lol. also i think these are the best designed protagonists we've had since bw2.

Years
  • Love them! Sonia, Nessa, and Leon are so cool-looking. The female player especially is one of my favorites. <3 I think this gen has some of my favorite characters when it comes to design.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I liked Sonia, Nessa and the rival who's name I forgot. The female protagonist has a really nice design, but I can't say the same about the male trainer bc of his ugly hat.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • honestly though like for as much as i don't like leon's clothes, at least he's selling that shit. like he KNOWS what he's wearing. he picked it out on purpose and it looks silly to me but lmfao he's like fuck it i'm the champion i can do what i want and he sure is. rly out here. wearing soccer shit and a cape. he Did That. legend.

i feel like kalos was meant to be the fashion forward region but idk man galar just seems peak fashion as far as pokemon games go. like people are wearing things i could see out in the real world? but they still retain a bit of fantasy charm and over the topness (looking at you mr galar champion). i don't normally pay attention to fashion in pokemon but idk man, this just seems like good stuff. the character design overall has been great. no one has been ugly or dumb lookin yet lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Leon has a bunch of sponsors on his cape that seem a bit... tacky? but otherwise I'm fine with his get-up. Everyone else looks fine too. I like that the professor has a cane with a Corviknight design etched onto the handle as well.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sonia is so very much my aesthetic

kinda like the way Leon looks too, although I also could do without the sponsor logos on his outfit

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Sonia made me change my avatar for the first time in a long time, so that says something about how much I like her design.

On the other hand, I'm not too big a fan of Milo. Like many others, I just end up seeing Mirio from MHA.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oh damn i forgot about milo. he almost just seems to be here to be a meme like he has the face of a child but the body of a man made entirely out of a t-bone steak and protein shakes. like. damn wtf happened here lmfao

Back