• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

heracross is a jojo reference, and you can't convince me otherwise

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    >main colour is blue, alternate colour is pink: giorno's main colour has historically been blue in all the games with a very similar pink as his alternate palette (used in the anime adaptation)
    >learns close combat, THE mudamuda beatdown move
    >is a stag beetle, a direct reference to how
    Spoiler:

>has a mega evolution form, which is obviously a
    Spoiler:

>was designed for generation 2 which started with a release in 1999 and development would have been running up to then, through the serialisation of part 5 (1995 - 1999) and made its debut in pokemon GOLD, yknow like....like golden wind

so clearly, i am unequivocally correct, heracross is the ultimate jojo reference
    obviously i jest, but that got me thinking, what other "jojo references" are there in pokemon? are there any legitimate jojo references in pokemon? is it possible that this list of very far reaches actually highlights a pokemon designer influenced by jojo? who knows?

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • oh god how have I not noticed this before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks so obvious now :oo

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I want this theory to be true so badly you have no idea. ;w;

Back