• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel the need to catch them all when playing?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've completed the Pokedex enough times to not care catching them all, anymore. In fact, most of the times I play a Pokemon game I just barely manage get a full team of six before the last badge/Pokemon league.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • It depends for me really. I ended up doing it in a few of my games, Fire Red when I was a kid (which ended up paying off since I got to explore all of the cool post game) and I also completed it in X and Y in order to properly shiny hunt. For the most part however, I don't care as much now and mainly capture Pokemon I want.

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    No but I do feel the need to take them all out.

Years
  • I feel that with every Pokemon game, I become increasingly less motivated to complete the Pokedex. The overall sheer number of Pokemon for me makes it an uphill climb especially if you've never really completed a Pokedex before. x.x

So I just... really don't bother.

Back