• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Is there a way to show an animation when the player throws a pokeball out and calls one of their pokemon out. Like when the battle starts the player throws the pokeball then just as the pokemon is released an animation is shown?

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I'm having a little bit of trouble getting fly to work...
This is what I've editted so far.

Metadata.text
[041]
# TreeSap City
Bicycle=true
MapPosition=0,28,6
Outdoor=true
ShowArea=true
[043]
# Pokemon Center
HealingSpot=41,29,13
townmap.text
Point=28,5,"TreeSap City",,029,013,,
Point=28,6,"TreeSap City",,029,013,,
yet fly still won't work... did i do something wrong?
thanks if you help

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
@Florio: You have to setup the healing spot not inside the pokemon center but right at it entrance on your town (ex: TreeSap City).

Years
Hello,
first sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany und i learn this language, but it's not so good.
my question is about the ingame trade. When the trade is done, the pokemon from the event hasn't a entry in the pokedex. It's not owned by me, how can i change it?
(I hope you can understand, what i mean)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
How come when I use
$Trainer.party.delete_at(0)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(1)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(2)
The pokemon in the second slot of the party is still there?

Speedy G32

Co-Founder of Net Labs Inc.
Years
Hello my name is Brian can anyone help me with how to make objects solid my character keeps going through them such as buildings Thanx for the help

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hello my name is Brian can anyone help me with how to make objects solid my character keeps going through them such as buildings Thanx for the help

You need to go read a tutorial about the basics of RPG Maker.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

Exception: NameError
PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'
Has anyone else um gotten this error?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
How you can do that the league happens to you pokémon a pokémon is easier to capture?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
How you can do that the league happens to you pokémon a pokémon is easier to capture?
That just made it worse.

Are you asking how to change rarity values of pokémon in-game? The trigger to change them doesn't matter (so ignore the part about leagues). I'm sure it's possible (it's probably something deceptively simple too, like a script in an event), but I don't know how exactly to do it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Hi,
I've hit a wall. I have decided to add two items to make Eevee evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon. I have added the items into items.txt and updated the pictures for them. I then added this into pokemon.txt in Eevee's evolution tree:

Evolutions=JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,ESPEON,Happ
inessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,,LEAFEON,Item,MOSSROCK,GLACEON,Item,ICEROCK

You can see I have the items set as MOSSROCK and ICEROCK. These are the internal names I put into items.txt:

99,MOSSROCK,MOSS ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored green.",1,0
100,ICEROCK,ICE ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored white.",1,0

When I get one of these stones and try and use it on Eevee, you are returned to the item list. Have I missed something?

Also, one other quick question. Is it possible to add a new Pokemon and not have it appear in the Pokedex?

Years
Hi,
I've hit a wall. I have decided to add two items to make Eevee evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon. I have added the items into items.txt and updated the pictures for them. I then added this into pokemon.txt in Eevee's evolution tree:

Evolutions=JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,ESPEON,Happ
inessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,,LEAFEON,Item,MOSSROCK,GLACEON,Item,ICEROCK

You can see I have the items set as MOSSROCK and ICEROCK. These are the internal names I put into items.txt:

99,MOSSROCK,MOSS ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored green.",1,0
100,ICEROCK,ICE ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored white.",1,0

When I get one of these stones and try and use it on Eevee, you are returned to the item list. Have I missed something?

Also, one other quick question. Is it possible to add a new Pokemon and not have it appear in the Pokedex?

Did you add the pokemon LEAFEON and GLACEON in pokemon.txt with all the required info like basestats and moves? That is the only problem i see with what you have said.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Did you add the pokemon LEAFEON and GLACEON in pokemon.txt with all the required info like basestats and moves? That is the only problem i see with what you have said.
Thanks for trying to help. That wasn't the problem. I figured it out though. I forgot to add MOSSROCK and ICEROCK in the PokemonItems script. Eevee now evolves.

Does Pokestarter allow demo battles? I want to add a NPC who shows the player how to catch a pokemon like the old man in Viridian City from R/B/G/Y.

Years
Hello,
first sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany und i learn this language, but it's not so good.
my question is about the ingame trade. When the trade is done, the pokemon from the event hasn't a entry in the pokedex. It's not owned by me, how can i change it?
(I hope you can understand, what i mean)
Can somebody help me with this?

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Hey, I was wondering.

Like in Platinum, how you had the Platinum Orb, is there any way I can make an item that can change a Pokemon between normal and shiny?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back