• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
  • NOOOO!!!!I wanted post 3100, oh well 3101 is just as good!
    togegigas.png

3102 now iam mad!

Years
  • ..why would you show us your sprites in a video? That's almost worse than saving them as jpeg. From what I can see, they're quite good, but without clear, undistorted, non-moving examples, it's hard to give you any constructive comments.

Years
  • Haah, the sprites are also shown in my sprite tread, I just want to show my sprites to some new peepz, thats why I made a video about them.
    Added some enjoyable music, and hoping to get some comments on my youtube channel!

My signature leads you to my sprite tread!

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • First sprites

These are my first atempts at scratching and I thinked they turned out well. For the first one at least:

Shootlen-1.png
    Even though it looks 2Dish and is too big to be an "official" sprite, I think I did well with the shading here.

Magub.png
    I like the pose, and it's small enough to be a sprite, but I think I messed up the shading here though the flames are okay. The tail looks odd to me but I cant figure out how to correct it.

I still can't belive these turned out well (to me) when I've never scratch sprited before.

EDIT: Fixed up Shootlen (the top one) abit and repositioned his tail:
    Shootlen2.png

Last edited:

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Umm......
    I made a scratch fakemon/dodo thing, what do you think?
    Dodo.png

I did my best, and it is actually the best scratch sprite that I've done. If you think that it's terrible, please say that. I don't mind because I am not very good at scratching.
    I do know that the shading is a little off, but this is my first okay sprite that I've made(in my opinion)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Umm......
    I made a scratch fakemon/dodo thing, what do you think?
    Dodo.png

I did my best, and it is actually the best scratch sprite that I've done. If you think that it's terrible, please say that. I don't mind because I am not very good at scratching.
    I do know that the shading is a little off, but this is my first okay sprite that I've made(in my opinion)

It's really small, and the perspective pose is wrong, but it's not bad really. Try remaking it bigger and having its pose more like the official pokemon sprites.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • 100% scratch.. omg i don't really like it.. it should be a coloreon.. it also looks too small too..
    coloreon.png

These are my first atempts at scratching and I thinked they turned out well. For the first one at least:

Shootlen-1.png
    Even though it looks 2Dish and is too big to be an "official" sprite, I think I did well with the shading here.

Magub.png
    I like the pose, and it's small enough to be a sprite, but I think I messed up the shading here though the flames are okay. The tail looks odd to me but I cant figure out how to correct it.

I still can't belive these turned out well (to me) when I've never scratch sprited before.

EDIT: Fixed up Shootlen (the top one) abit and repositioned his tail:
    Shootlen2.png

most lines look very very straight like the back of that fire pokemon and it's head. It's tail as a unnatural corner.. the grass pokemon the same with it's neck and belly look very straight

Last edited:
    Years
  • @ frosslas_maniac, your 100% scratch sprite is not that bad, but you might want to change the colours, there way to bright, also it's size, it doesnt suit the sprite, try to fix that.
    It looks like an eeveeelution, if you want to make one of those, you can best use a reference sprite, like flareon or one of those other evolutions.
    Pay in mind that the structure of the pokemon needs to look real, so watch closely when you attemt to make the outline, cause you dont want too start shading the sprite if the outline looks rubbish...

Anyway I made my own fake this time, some kind of Grass bird/reptile I dont know hehe!
    Here it is.

I know it ain't done yet, but still I want some c&c on this.
    I would highly appreciate it!

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • @Fox

Thanks, I would have made it bigger, but I'm not very good with outlines. Same thing with the pose...(Oh, and what I meant when I said Fakemon/dodo thing, I meant that it could be either. Personally, I think that it looks dragon Quest(-y?)(-ish?))

@Froslass_Maniac

It's not that bad, and it looks kinda cool. The shading isn't terrible either...
    The outline on the back leg seems a little dark though.
    It's better than mine...by far.

@Crosell

I honestly can't say anything bad about it, except that it doesn't quite look done, but then again...

Crosell said:
    I know it ain't done yet

Last edited:
    @ frosslas_maniac, your 100% scratch sprite is not that bad, but you might want to change the colours, there way to bright, also it's size, it doesnt suit the sprite, try to fix that.
    It looks like an eeveeelution, if you want to make one of those, you can best use a reference sprite, like flareon or one of those other evolutions.
    Pay in mind that the structure of the pokemon needs to look real, so watch closely when you attemt to make the outline, cause you dont want too start shading the sprite if the outline looks rubbish...

Anyway I made my own fake this time, some kind of Grass bird/reptile I dont know hehe!
    Here it is.

I know it ain't done yet, but still I want some c&c on this.
    I would highly appreciate it!
    I think it is a great sprite, but it has some black borderlines that shouldn't be there. Really nice though.

Well, I'm new at this and this is my first remake.

Don't be so rude, I'm starting and don't have some ideas clear. I used the palletes from Charizard and Typhlosion from Pokemon D/P.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @ Missingno thanks for the comment!
    Yes indeed it doesn't look finished yet, I need to make the leaves on his back blend in with the body better.

@itzKaizer Yup your right, the black borderlines are kinda difficult to place on the leaves, I guess I need to use a larger pallete for it to looki nice.
    And about your remake/Revamp, there pretty good, but remember a older generation sprite doesnt really look like a newer gen sprite.
    So you should fix some of the atonomy first, and then try to colour it.
    A revamp may also need some scratching, because it might look better, and the body parts will fit in better.
    But scratching the parts is more for someone who as alot of experience in spriting, but really it's worth trying!

But they dont look too bad, there your first so, good job man!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Nice attempt, you have shading down pretty well, just that the underside of it's left leg shouldn't have any light on it, some more light on the spikes would work, and I just feel that there is too much black overall in your outline. Other than that, the anatomy could be altered by you just seem to be starting, so it isn't so important.

familyfeast.png

First thing I've made in a while (I stole your style, Matt, because it's tops).

Edit: And a Mummified Moltres, for funsies.

mummifiedmoltres.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • It ain't bad, but It seems I cant sprite things other then dragon's reptiles etc.
    Cute things are not my thing...
    But the bird will be remade into a different pose, and some better anatomy!

Years
  • I've been experimenting on a new style similar to the FR/LG OW sprites but allowing for a different look.

ns-rq1.jpg

The style isn't a huge diversion but it should look different enough visually.

Years
  • It looks good. The style is a little reminiscent of Kyledove's but whatever. The perspective of the player is interesting. It seems like it is somewhat between FR/LG and R/S/E, though a little more towards FR/LG. The shadow looks good too. It is going to be transparent in the game, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back