• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Shiny Chance in Emerald

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    A few months back, I posted a thread asking how to modify the shiny chance in FireRed, by editing how the formula works - basically increasing the threshold for what the result of all the calculations can be which allows for a Shiny.

How do I do this in Emerald? I want to make a lightly edited ROM to share with a friend with a few modifications and one of the things I want to do is make shinies a little bit easier to get. Issue is, I want legit shinies to remain shiny. We both have some pretty decent shiny luck (He's found MAkuhita randomly in Ruby, and Mankey randomly in FireRed, I've found Zigzagoon in FireRed randomly) and in the even that we want to copy those shinies to our "Lightly Edited Emerald save," I want it to be certain that they will remain Shiny, and/or that the encounters for them would have STILL been Shiny.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    There's a tool called Shinyzer, maybe you could benefit from that?

Just like in my other thread for FireRed, that's literally useless in this case. I want RANDOM shinies, not "walk around on THIS SPECIFIC TILE to get shinies 50% of the time"

TSK's ShinyCC is even more useless here because it ruins legitimate shinies.

Edit: I've updated the OP.

Edit2: WTF you even suggested that in the other thread, AND I told you why it's pointless on that thread lmao

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Its possible try copying the bytes from Fire Red and search them in Emerald.

1) That's not the question
    2) That's not the point
    3) Fairly certain that would take an extremely long time and would be pretty pointless.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    2) That's not the point
    3) Fairly certain that would take an extremely long time and would be pretty pointless.
    So the point is you want a tool that will do all the work for you and don't want to spend any time on it? Good luck bro ahah

Years
    • Seen today
    2) That's not the point

Delta's suggestion made a lot of sense to me.
    And how is looking for some hex bytes 'a lot of work'?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Delta's suggestion made a lot of sense to me.
    And how is looking for some hex bytes 'a lot of work'?

Literally looking for ONE byte, in the entire 16 KB file. You're seriously telling me you don't think there are any other bytes that default to 0x07? Like, I was just wondering if someone else had already found it, since there were answers basically instantly for FireRed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    So the point is you want a tool that will do all the work for you and don't want to spend any time on it? Good luck bro ahah

1) Not even close to what I was saying or implying
    2) No need to be a condescending ass about it, esp while also being wrong.

Years
    • Seen today
    Literally looking for ONE byte, in the entire 16 KB file. You're seriously telling me you don't think there are any other bytes that default to 0x07? Like, I was just wondering if someone else had already found it, since there were answers basically instantly for FireRed.

Of course not only that specific byte, but also the bytes surrounding it...
    It's possible that Gamefreak used the same routine in Fire Red as they did in Emerald. Looking for that string of bytes might lead you to where that routine is located in Emerald.

Some other advice from my side: You're the one asking for help, so you're asking a favour of people around here (Who's only incentive is that they want to help). I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but you come across as kind of rude. That's not nice for members of Pokecommunity and neither does it help you get advise/help in the future. So I would advise you to try and be more cooperative on these forums;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    1) Not even close to what I was saying or implying
    2) No need to be a condescending ass about it, esp while also being wrong.
    Haha honestly man it just feels like you've got this issue and every time someone offers a suggestion you either immediately jump to the conclusion that its too much work or say something like 'The tools available to do this suck'. What I'm getting at here is that in my opinion you'd be better off being a little more proactive in trying to find a solution yourself, or considering the feedback that other community members offered you. I wasn't trying to come off as a 'condescending ass' but I had a skim through the thread and that was just my perspective, you were the one that decided to start name calling on the internet haha. I hope your problem gets solved and your project goes well.

Last edited:
    Back