• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Hard-Mode!

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
  • Scottie Bengington

Chapter 2: Epilogue

Route 102

As Scottie was about to walk into Petalburg City with Treecko, he saw a white light shining from Treecko's body and encase it, and Scottie turned over to see Treecko evolving, shocked. "Wow, amazing Treecko! You're evolving!" Treecko said to his Pokemon. Scottie watched as the bright light enveloped Treecko and Treecko slowly became taller, as its snout grew longer, its eyes sharper, three leaves protruded from each of its arms, and two sharp leaves protruded from the back of its feet with a red underbelly. The white light vanished in a whir and Scottie's newly evolved Grovyle looked at him with happiness. "Grovyle vyle!" Grovyle said, now that it was stronger than before. "Wow, that's so amazing! Time to register your new form in the Pokedex!" Scottie said as he held up the Pokedex in front of Grovyle, who had its hands on its hips.

"Grovyle, The Wood Gecko Pokemon. The leaves growing out of Grovyle's body are convenient for camouflaging it from enemies in the forest. This Pokemon is a master at climbing trees in jungles." The Pokedex read to Scottie. "Amazing, and you learned Pursuit too! Now your moves are Quick Attack, Pound, Mega Drain, and Pursuit! That's awesome, Grovyle. I'm so happy for you." Scottie said to his newly evolved Pokemon, hugging it. "Grovyle vyle..." Grovyle said to Scottie hugging him back. "You ready, Grovyle? Let's go challenge the Petalburg gym!" Scottie said to Grovyle. Grovyle nodded in approval and the pair continued to walk to the ends of Route 102.

Years
  • Lily Jordan
    Chapter 2: This Time for Sure!

"I... I don't want to come out!" Jordan's voice echoes slightly in the tiny room, and she keeps turning to look at herself.

"Oh, honey, surely it doesn't look that bad! I'll bet it looks gorgeous!" The saleswoman patiently waits outside the changing booth, used to this kind of behavior.

"No! I mean, um... It's not that. The clothes look... nice, but, um... they look too good for me..." Jordan peers over the door nervously.

"Nonsense, sugar! Come on out and let's have a look!" Jordan looks away, but does as she's told, shuffling her feet and fiddling with her hands. "Girl, you have to own the outfit! Show me some pep, strike a pose!"

Jordan takes a deep breath, pumping her fist and offering a smile. The saleswoman nods, liking the new look. "See? Told you you look good."

Spoiler:

Jordan blushes and smiles, looking at the floor. "Thank you for helping me pick it out. It's good to add some... pep into my life." She pays for her clothes, heading back into town. Her Pokemon are rested, they're all well fed, and her outfit doesn't make her look like a terrorist anymore! She feels ready to take on the second half of the day, especially since the Nurse had given her directions to Petalburg. Gulliver hovers nearby, ready to be on the road again.

Route 102

Jordan emerges from the trees into a small clearing. A helpful sign indicates that she is indeed on Route 102, headed for Petalburg. She lets Gulliver drink from a small pond, wary of the long grass nearby. "I know it's silly, but I'm still nervous around that grass. My first encounters with it were very startling."

"Wii!"

"Oh, I know you were in the grass, too, but you came out of it to meet me. I didn't trip over you walking through it, or fall in and get ambushed." She decides to just avoid the grass, instead walking over to a short hill. It's too steep to climb, so it looks like she'll have to go around and look for another way up.

As she's contemplating, a rough voice calls out, catching her attention. "Look out below!"

Jordan looks up to see a girl her age, maybe a little younger, hurtling down the steep hill directly toward her. She shrieks, diving for safety and ending up in the long grass. She bumps her head on a stump, letting out a muffled "ow!" as she does. Gulliver lands lightly on top of the stump, looking at his partner. The other girl lands at the bottom of the hill, trying to contain her laughter. "Nice moves, there. You okay?"

Jordan pulls herself onto the stump, rubbing her head lightly. "I'm okay. I'm sorry for being in your way." Gulliver lands on her shoulder, which just makes the new girl laugh.

Jordan looks over this new girl. She's about the same height, but thinner, wearing a sky blue jacket and black shorts. Notably, her brown hair has streaks of color through it, all the colors of the rainbow, in fact. The girl stops laughing long enough to point excitedly at Jordan. "Oh! Check it out, you've got company!"

"What?!" Jordan jumps up in surprise, seeing a Pokemon has crawled up onto the stump beside her. It has a fluffy white body, green head, and small red horn. Jordan gasps, her eyes lighting up. "Oh~! It's so cute!"

"What are you waiting for? Capture it!"

Jordan glances back in surprise, as Gulliver jumps in to protect her. The Ralts tilts her head, wondering why these two barged into her home. "D-do you want to come with me, little one?"

Ralts squares her shoulders, staring down Gulliver. (Jordan thinks so, anyway. It's hard to tell when you can't see its eyes.) Ralts won't go with just anyone. This girl and bird will have to prove themselves.

"Okay, Gulliver, use Supersonic!" "Kind of a lame opening move!" Jordan flinches from the harsh criticism, but stands her ground. Gulliver caws loudly, sending spiral sound waves directly at Ralts. Ralts holds her head, trying to summon the energy to Teleport away, but the sound waves mess up her focus and she shocks herself with psychic feedback.

"Okay, that worked out for you. I'll be quiet." Jordan smiles confidently, bolstered by the roundabout compliment. "Use Water Gun!" Gulliver regurgitates a stream of water at Ralts, who takes it pretty well. She counters with a cry of her own, sending heart-shaped sound waves at Gulliver. Gulliver winces in pain, making Jordan gasp. "Don't let her hurt you like that! Wing Attack!"

"Whoa, easy, Ralts are pretty frail!"

Gulliver swoops in, smacking Ralts with his wing. Ralts staggers, attempting a Double Team, but more psychic feedback knocks her unconscious. She falls behind the stump, too tired to fight back. "Oh, but, wait! I didn't mean to..." Gulliver lands on her shoulder, proudly preening his feathers. "I wanted to catch it. You did good, though, Gulliver." She pets him as she trudges out of the grass, a tear threatening to fall from her eye.

"Nicely done, even if it was a bit too strong. But don't worry about it, there'll be more! Hey. I'm Robin. Who're you?" She offers Jordan her hand, a cocky grin on her face.

Jordan wipes away the tear before it can fall, looking down as she shakes Robin's hand. "I'm Jordan." she mumbles.

"Well, stick with me, Jordan. I'll show you the ropes!" Robin slaps Jordan on the back, eliciting a surprised shriek. "W-w-w-what ropes?" she stammers nervously. Robin laughs, wrapping an arm around Jordan's shoulders and leading her down Route 102. "You're pretty funny. We're gonna be great pals!"

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • @Village: Nice way to tie in the evolution.

Treecko evolved into a Grovyle!

@Godzil: That post was awesome, looking forward to more interaction between Jordan and Robin!

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Sean Brunelle​

361.gif
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png

Professor_Birch_Bag.png
    How To Catch Your Zigzagoon - Oldale Town to Route 103

"Hey guy, can you wake up?"

Sean opened his eyes and saw a high ceiling, that of the Pokemon center. He felt so drowsy, he wanted to fall back asleep, but he had no clue where he was and needed to know. This was not where he had fallen asleep - wait, where had he fallen asleep? When did he fall asleep? Last thing he knew, he was relaxing on a couch to the side of the room, and - oh. That was where it happened.

Non-existent crisis averted, people. You can leave now.

The owner of the voice that Sean had heard was a boy of about nine, looking down at him with his ocean blue eyes, taking the role of already the second young child he had met. When he saw that Sean was awake, he turned around and beckoned to an older boy with a similar appearance. He walked up to Sean, with an unhappy expression on his face.

"Kid, get off that couch." he said sternly. "The customers haven't been happy with you. Rent a room next time, will ya?"

Sean stood up, angry with this boy who thought he was in charge. Knowing that he had to be more mature, though, instead of being incredibly rude, he simply questioned "What gives you permission to boss me around? You don't work here."

The younger boy chuckled a little, and the older one spoke up. "Excuse me? I'm the nurse's son. I have some control on what goes on here. Now, if you're going to act like that, get out." And he grabbed Sean on the shoulders and literally pushed him out of the Pokemon Center, slamming the door when he was done. A passing shopper stopped and looked at the embarrassment that Sean had been handed. She was at least thirty, and she sported long dark hair and sunglasses. On her shoulder rested the sling of a bag similar to Sean's, but pure brown and somewhat worn.

"You got kicked out by Brett?" she said. "That kid's really got it coming to him. This happens all the time. He's only got a little power towards what goes on in there, but when his mother ain't looking, he thinks he can do whatever he wants. And his little sidekick just goes along." She then came closer to Sean and dusted him off, followed by pushing him away from the building. "I'd stay away from here. I don't know what you did, but you could probably get in trouble for, heck, breathing."

So that was kind of a routine thing? No wonder nobody cared. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to get away from the Pokemon Center. He started to walk, but then it changed into a jog, then a sprint, carrying him farther and farther away. Eventually, he came to the Route up north. He took a step in and looked at the tall grass. He didn't want to spend too long here, in fact, the best thing to do was to catch a Pokemon, train a little, and move on to a Route that wasn't a dead end.

He looked around. Wingull soared overhead on the Route of literally grass and taller grass. He sent out his Snorunt in hopes that she would find a wild Pokemon that would make a good catch. She recklessly ran into the tall grass, but it was Sean who found a battle. A Zigzagoon was running down the treeline, doing so in a zigzag fashion because that's what Zigzagoon do. It paused, looked at Sean, and began to run faster, but he collided with Snorunt and toppled backward a little. Sean searched through his bag and picked up a Poke Ball, holding it up but fumbling with it a little. He had plans of catching it, if he could.

"Uhh, use Powder Snow!" called Sean. It was the first move he could think of. And Snorunt followed the command, raising her hands over her head. Snowflakes appeared on the ground and came up to form a spinning cyclone of snow above her hands, which lost all form as a wind appeared and carried every single flake right at the Zigzagoon, blanketing the creature in powdery white. However, Zigzagoon shook off the snow, but it's shivers indicated that it was still quite cold.

The racoon Pokemon arched it's back and then lunged at Snorunt with a Headbutt attack, leaving both sides in the dust from a powerful collision. Snorunt, however, was the one who took a blow, and it struggled to regain footing. The opposing Pokemon had taken this time to prepare, and right when Sean's Pokemon stood up, it was met by dirt and sand to the eyes that was kicked up by the hind legs of Zigzagoon. Snorunt stumbled backwards, blinded.

Sean had never seen this attack before, but he kind of had an idea what had happened. Getting sand kicked in their eyes would temporarily blind a person, so it probably had the same effect on Snorunt. He remembered a strategy that someone had used once on television - make yourself harder to hit, so it's even. He called out for Snorunt to use Double Team, and she did. She lowered her hands and stared at the ground, as the picture of Snorunt split and became three. All three began wandering around, but constantly tripping over rocks and pebbles.

Zigzagoon was confused for all of a few seconds. It soon shook it's head and zeroed in on a Snorunt, a false one however. It ran towards the decoy Zigzagoon-style, and leaped into a Tackle attack. The illusion disappeared on impact, but the true Snorunt was in prime position to strike. After a command from Sean to use Ice Shard, she tried to focus her sight on the raccoon Pokemon, but the sand had done it's job. The ball of ice was off target, and when it split, only a couple shards struck the Zigzagoon on the side. It jumped back in self defense, widening the gap between the two contenders. As the Pokemon was still, it could be seen that it was shivering a lot now. It was so cold that instead of striking back, it curled into a ball and started whimpering. Sean once again lifted up the Poke Ball, as the arm holding it had fallen down into a resting position. He lightly tossed it to his right hand and almost threw it like a baseball. It hit the freezing Zigzagoon and sucked it into the capsule...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lily Jordan and Robin Daniels
    Chapter 2: The Ropes

"Alright, Tailow! Finish it off with Quick Attack!" Tailow swoops in faster than the eye can see, knocking Lotad out of commission. She flutters over to Robin, who whoops with excitement. "We came, we saw, we kicked his sorry butt! Give me five, Lily!"

Jordan tentatively raises her hand, which Robin happily smacks. "ow... You were great, Robin! I'd love to be as skilled as you. I don't think I could ever kick anyone's butt..." She looks at the ground, so she's surprised when Robin pushes her toward the grass. "Only one way to find out!"

Jordan trembles as she catches her balance, slowly going through the long grass. "R-Robin! Can't you just do the f-fighting? I'm not good at it!" Robin sighs, going around the patch of grass. "And the only way to get good is to practice. Now chin up! This 'wallflower' shtick ends today!"

"Ralts?" a small voice sounds near Jordan's feet. She jumps in surprise, but manages not to scream. "P-p-protect me, Yogi!" She sends out Meditite, still meditating from earlier.

Robin facepalms, embarrassed for her new student. "Not... the best type matchup. You wanna win, switch to Wingull."

"No." Jordan holds her ground, surprising both Yogi and Robin. "I want to capture this one. She's even cuter than the last one!" Jordan practically squees over Ralts, while Robin just facepalms harder. Yogi has to agree: this Ralts is really cute.

"Okay Yogi, start with Confusion!" Yogi thrusts his hands forward, releasing a wave of force. Ralts barely moves, placing one hand on her head and thrusting the other forward, sending out a wave of her own.

"Now we have a match!" Robin cheers from the sidelines.

"Use Thunder Punch, but be careful!" Yogi charges electricity, dashing in to strike Ralts in the stomach. Ralts tumbles back, hopping back up and Growling.

"Careful! You don't want a repeat of last time!"

Jordan looks between the two Pokemon, weighing her options. "Um... uh... what do I do? Confusion!" She turns away, holding her ears. Yogi strikes out with another psychic wave, dropping Ralts to her knees. Ralts rises slowly, screaming at Yogi as heart-shaped sound waves fly from her mouth, striking him. He is knocked back, rising to one knee in pain.

"That was Disarming Voice! Lily, you gotta end this now!"

Jordan looks up in surprise, seeing both Pokemon on their last legs. "Into the Pokeball! ...please?" She throws the ball at Ralts, who is sucked inside. She watches serenely as the ball shakes, while Robin grits her teeth and stares hard at it, as though willing it to stay shut.

"Does... does that, um, help?" "Yes!"

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: Made for a great reading as usual! I like how Jordan and Robin's personalities mesh.

Jordan caught a
    280.gif
    !

Guys sorry I'll update the OP when I get a chance, just been sooooo busy recently

Years
  • Lily Jordan and Robin Daniels
    Chapter 2: Leaving Route 102

Got Pokemon! (Ralts)​

The ball stops shaking with a soft click, and Jordan breathes a sigh of relief. Robin cheers loudly and proudly, running up to hug Jordan. Jordan returns Yogi to his ball, going to retrieve Ralts' ball. She quickly gets out if the grass before calling out her new friend.

"Hi there! I'm sorry we fought so hard. You can come with us and have fun adventures and we'll be such good friends!" Ralts tilts her head curiously, before shrugging and giving Jordan a smile. Jordan giggles, picking her up. "So cute! I'm gonna call you Astral. Robin? Would you please take our picture?"

She hands her camera to Robin, who shrugs and takes the picture. "Never seen anyone document their captures like this. You making a report or something?"

Jordan blushes as she takes her camera back. "N-no, I just like taking pictures, so I thought I'd make a photo diary of my adventure. Although, I guess I could make a report for Professor Birch. I've been taking pictures of everything interesting I find, and I take one with every new friend I make." She smiles as she snuggles Astral.

Robin scratches her head, thinking. "So how come you didn't take one with me?"

Jordan gasps as the realization sets in. "Oh my goodness, you're right! I'm so sorry, I forgot! You must think terribly of me, like I don't consider us friends! Oh, I'm sorry, I'm such a featherbrain!"

Robin bursts out laughing as Jordan panics. "Calm down, silly Lily! It's cool! I know we're friends, even if you don't have a picture of us. Here, give the camera to Ralts, she'll take the picture."

"Um... her name is Astral..." Jordan mumbles, but gives Astral the camera anyway. Robin puts her arm around Jordan's shoulders, giving a cocky grin and a thumbs up. Jordan blushes and smiles as Astral takes the shot. "There! Now we're immortalized as friends in your little journal! You're so funny, Lily!" Robin laughs as she heads off down the path. Jordan picks up Astral, tucking the camera into her bag and following her friend.

"Come on! We're not that far from Petalburg! We'll head to the Pokemon Center there and rest up."

((End Chapter 2))

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • 258.gif
    newpoke.png
    newpoke.png
    newpoke.png
    newpoke.png
    newpoke.png

Pokedex.gif
    [still on day one]
    Arriving at destination: Route 102. Time: 12: 06pm.
    "I really wanna go now!"

She cheered on the inside, settling on a grin on the outside as she received Pochiko's pokeball from the Nurse. She had said that he was now recovered, cleaned and no longer tired, reporting that he was fine now and ready to go, though the Nurse did eye her grin, it was the sometimes usual reaction. Oh no there was nothing wrong, the Nurse was not eyeing just because she was grinning- there were trainers that were happy to hear their Pokemon were okay- it was only because of what her grin carrying: a mischievous smile, as if she couldn't wait to go into trouble. Yes, she was happy but only because she was able to go out now! It was really boring. Very boring. So boring she was slowly losing life-- alright, there were some exaggerations.

Haley immediately went outside, she stretched, basking at the sun. "I can't wait already! Time to go!" The cheery girl started to skip, ignoring Route 103, she did not need to explore that place, there was nothing to see but maybe some rare Pokemon. She didn't need that- though she did need to capture Pokemon or train her Mudkip, maybe later. "This is gonna take a while, huh." There were lots of things to do; training, capturing Pokemon, traveling, battling other trainers, challenging gyms. As long as it was not boring, she was fine.

Per usual, she walked - more of skipped actually, she was in high spirits - to Route 102.

She didn't expect the things that were thrown to her at that route but hey, she was expecting that.

Arrived at destination: Route 102. Time: 12: 08pm.
    "You're mine~!"

The first wild Pokemon they met was an evolved form of a Pokemon. Haley couldn't keep the grin off her face, the first evolve form of the wild Pokemon they met was beaten but now she was going to attempt on capturing this new one. "Well now," oh gosh, she was getting excited that she couldn't wait to get the wild Pokemon- the dice said she was allowed, she was going to milk it for all it's worth, "let's see your information." Haley brought her Pokedex out and started the scan.

"Kirlia, the Emotion Pokémon. It is said that a Kirlia that is exposed to the positive emotions of its Trainer grows beautiful. This Pokémon controls psychokinetic powers with its highly developed brain. Its gender is male." The Pokedex dutifully reported. Kirlia looked at them with a determined expression, she felt that it was trying to convey how it wanted to battle them. Could it sense something in Haley that made itself appear and challenge them?

"Well," she mused, "guess that saves the trouble of looking for an Pokemon to catch. Since you're rearing to go, we'll respond with a positive." With that, Haley commanded out, "Go, Pochiko, use Water Gun!" Just as she finished saying that, Pochiko burst out a water gun from it's mouth towards the wild Pokemon at the same time it used teleport, appearing behind the her starter. "Oh sh--" "Kirlia!" It sent out a confusion, directly hitting Pochiko.

He was startled, thankfully he was not confused. "Use Water Gun again!" As he finished shaking off the effect of the move, he readied himself and shoot a water gun, again, Kirlia used teleport to get behind Pochiko again, Haley took her bets on that and immediately ordered, "Now! Time to turn around and use Water Gun, full blast!" Swiftly, Pochiko turned and inahaled before he let out a blast of Water Gun. It directly hit it and pushed it unto a tree. "Kir!" It let out a pained sound but it seems that it was still ready to go, it stood up and still looked determined. "Kirlia!" Its eyes glowed, Haley took immediate action- "Mudkip, water gun again!" Pochiko did at what she told, sending yet another water gun. It seems that it was the most used move but hey, it was helping!

The Kirlia didn't continue using the move and instead used teleport to behind Pochiko, on the right side. "Go on ahead and use mud slap!" Pochiko moved towards the Kirlia, his tail forming a mud that is until their opponent cried out and multiple Kirlia surrounded her Mudkip into a circle. The Water Pokemon was confused, looking at the Kirlias in confusion. Which one was the real one? There was no time to contemplate though, Kirlia started to glow again. "Dang it! No choice, Pochiko, use Water Gun and go around using it!" He did what she commanded, using the Water Gun and turning around to hit every one of them, they disappeared when he hit them but it was too late, the real Kirlia threw confusion at him and it hit as the illusion wore off.

"Mudkip!" He cried out, the force hitting him. Haley narrowed her eyes, Mudkip had his eyes shut, could it be--? He opened his eyes again after a few seconds, no trace of confusion. Good, everything was fine! "Pochiko, hurry, use Ice Ball!" Pochiko opened his mouth and a ball of ice appeared, shooting it off towards Kirlia. It thought that Mudkip was going to be done for so it let its guard down, now it was startled that it couldn't have dodge. It was a direct hit! But the move was not done yet. He shoot a barraged of ice balls, each one getting bigger but took more time to form, the Kirlia was a bit overwhelmed but mostly was able to dodge 2. The other 2 ice balls hit it directly.

Haley wasn't going to it have time to recuperate, "Pochiko! Tackle!" Pochiko cried in response, running towards Kirlia and hitting him with a tackle. It cried out, tumbling to the ground.

"Time to-" she took out a Pokeball and enlarge it, throwing it at Kirlia, "catch you!"

There was a red something enveloping Kirlia, the Pokeball sucked it inside, blinking red. Did she get it...?

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HOW JORDAN MUMBLED TO NAME HER RALTS ASTRAL, genius. Robin is fun to read about as well, great chapter!

@sarcasm: That was great reading,keep up the amazing work!

Haley caught a
    281.gif
    !

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Relicanth and Reli-won't
    (Part 1 / 2)

Plot Summary: Connie's vocal scoldings (aimed at Slakoth) irritate an exhausted Haley and Sean. Though Connie is too embarrassed to speak out, Haley continues to pester her and Sean feels the need to speak out again, this time in Connie's defense. Haley turns the aggression on him and Sean challenges her to a battle inside the Pokemon Center. Appalled, Connie watches from the sidelines of a rowdy, excited crowd as Haley and Sean send out their starters and prepare to duel. That is before Aldren's Whismur panics and distracts them all with a massive ringing cry. Haley and Sean are understandably angry but Connie finally is able to snap at them. Before Haley and her can go at it, Aldren leads the Trainers outside and away from the irritated crowd. Once outside, the Trainers learn more about him from a phone call. Aldren is a Johto researcher, come to Hoenn to study some ruins just near Oldale. When questioning about a Pokemon named "Relicanth", the Trainers also learn how rare it is and all three are willing to travel alongside said professor to see it (despite him being reluctant).

Current Time: 11: 35 AM

Current Location: Pokemon Center ; Oldale Town

Affected Trainers:
    Connie Benatti
    287.png

Sean Brunelle
    361.png
    263.png

Haley Summers
    258.png
    281.png

ft. Disclosed, Veevee and sarcasm
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Sean looked down at the limp Zigzagoon that he carried in his arms. It was conscious, but still freezing cold from the battle that had taken place earlier that day. It needed to be treated quickly if it was going to stay out of it's Poke Ball, and Sean didn't feel comfortable putting him back in. They had come to the Oldale Town Pokémon Center, but Sean was hesitant to go in because of what had gone down in the building that morning. For his Pokémon, however, he walked inside, right through the glass doors and striding straight up to the counter.

"Hey, can you heal my Pokémon?" Sean asked, as if it wasn't obvious that he was there for that reason. He finally recalled Zigzagoon and handed her the Poké Ball, and then began to dig through his bag for Snorunt's. He grabbed a lot of things before coming to the capsule - some old Berry, a worn map of Hoenn, what felt like a Trubbish, and then finally what he needed. Snorunt had already been recalled after the battle, so all he had to do was pass it to the nurse.

"Alright, it'll take a few minutes." she said, grabbing both Balls and turning around. Sean walked over to the other side of the room and leaned against the wall, looking around as he had nothing better to do.

Meanwhile, in typical licensed garb and rain clothes, a girl sat. She also leaned against the wall, though not out of boredom. In fact, Connie was very occupied in a one-sided conversation with her Slakoth.

"Bad, Slakoth! Very bad Slakoth! Leaving me like that last night? Very bad!"

He said nothing, showed nothing. At the very least, the long-clawed Slacker wasn't smiling anymore. This was the bitterest Connie had seen him. His lolling shoulders, rolling eyes and tiny frown only fueled her anger. She was done feeling relieved that he'd returned. Now, she was intent on unleashing her true frustration. So intent Connie hardly recognized her surroundings, how Trainers could actually be in the Pokemon Center's main room at this time of day.

"Ughhhh..." Nearby the chubby girl with the Slakoth, sat Haley. She was leaning on her chair sluggishly, groaning at the noise. You see, she spent the night playing games because she was very, very bored. Yesterday, she accidentally fall asleep for a short while when she went back to the Pokemon Center of Oldale Town, returning from an encounter with Kirlia and a trainer who saved her from a powerful pokemon. (Compared to Pochiko who was just a starter, not a miracle worker.) Her Pokemon were healed and needed rest then she went to sit then she fell asleep cuz she was bored, what else?

Then she woke up a bit, chatted with her parents and just laid down what happened starting from the time she stepped into Littleroot Town - a very boring town - then blah blah then entered Oldale Town, the current town she was in and also, a very boring town... very, very boring. She told them without all the details. Once done, she stepped out and caused trouble at Route 103 where some trainers were trying to train. (Pssshh, she didn't...! Not really...)

After that, she returned again to get her Pokemon before deciding to crash on the Center for the night, she was really sleepy from boredom... but ended up sleeping in late. Now she woke up after 4 hours sleep, the nap before including. So here she was- dozing off and getting a slight headache. Haley was about to sleep until someone started scolding their Pokemon, near her might I add. It was the girl with the Slakoth, she looked really preoccupied scolding the slacking Pokemon. Normally, she wouldn't care and ignore them but she was so sleepy, the teal girl opened her mouth,

"Your voice is shrilly, shut up." Straightforward, thy name is Haley Summers, "Man, it's grating on my ears and I'm slowly dyiiing, dunno what's your problem with your Slacky but can you bring it outside? You're disturbing everyone." Mostly her, sleepy Haley who has no care for being rude- so long as the chubby girl stop. Ugh, sleeeeeeep.

Sean had been there for all of it, and was getting just as annoyed. Anyone could tell that the girl's comment was pretty harsh, buth he just wanted to relax. So as he would, Sean pitched in with a completely unnessecary "Yeah, I agree, shut up. You're not going to get anywhere with that living carpet."

Connie wasn't one for taking criticism well, constructive or otherwise. It came across as a bombardment, how they chatised in-succession. She opened her mouth to respond to the girl but the boy cut her speech off immediately, leaving her wordless and flustered. Suffering a sudden bout of embarrassment, Connie clamped her mouth close and her cheeks turned a furious shade of red.

Who were these... these... jerks!? Like Tobias, the twat, except there were two of them. Some exhausted chick with a jarring teal haircut, a slouched-over bro with nothing intellectual to add. Was everyone with a license this smug and unapproachable? Why must they always get involved in her business particularly? Yet, she said nothing. Too disconcerted. At the moment, Connie couldn't have been more embarrassed. At the same time too, she was reluctant to leave her spot.

As for Slakoth, he had nothing of substance to add. His smile had reappeared, presumably at his Trainer's expense. His feelings weren't too unreable this time. His eyes spoke for him: "Serves you right for the scolding." Though his eyes did glint while regarding the one boy. The carpet comment had been taken into account and would be remembered.

She yawned, "Oh you shut up, good. Thought you'd be stupid enough to continue raising your voice." Haley could care less of the situation, so long as her surroundings were quiet right now, she needed a few more moments to get back in high spirits or maybe not... unless something exciting happens. Though she did looked a bit amused at the girl turning red, she had an inkling that she would tease the girl a hell lot if there was opportunity to work together but like that would happen... pffft.

That was harsh. Sean thought. He just wanted them to take it outside, but this girl seemed to really want to hurt her. It seemed odd that someone would switch sides just like that, but it happened. He started to back away, but something told him that nobody else was going to stand up for her. So Sean slowly worked his way towards the girl with the Slakoth, turned around, and began to speak. You could hear a nervous tone in his voice, though.

"You know what? H-how about you just stop? If you think someone is stupid because their Pokemon is, well, then, uh, you dont know shit. Hell, you shouldnt a Trainer if you think like that."

That escalated quickly. Even Sean wasn't expecting that outburst, but it happened, and this was quite a scene now. After looking around fearfully, he retreated back to the wall and pretended that nothing had just happened.

Speechless, she was. One of the perturbed pricks, the girl, took the wound and opened it further. Like kicking a bruised man, and Connie was only taken offguard. She thought they'd leave her alone but they kept right on attacking.

Stupid? Stupid!? They think I'm the stupid one!? Her temper surged inside her, red hot and ready to burst. But Connie couldn't let loose yet. There was wetness in her eyes, tears that threatened to dowse her angry flame.

No! You can't let them see you cry! She quickly wiped her eyes.

In that time, something extraordinary happened. One of the perpetrators, they stood up and... defended her!? Vulgarly, too. His voice rose over the otherwise loose, peaceful crowd. Now everyone's heads were turned their way, which obviously made the boy quite uncomfortable. From Connie perspective, he didn't play it off well. She'd seen and heard everything.

And that just left the girl. Was she stunned, shocked? Would she make him the butt of her insults now? Connie's let her flaring temper falter for just a moment.

...Haley laughed. "Pfffft- haha!" She couldn't control it, I mean, first he agreed now he was taking the other side? "Oh man, you're also an idiot. Me? Shouldn't be a trainer? What do you expect? Give up because you said that?" Her eyes gleamed, "You're very naive or just plain stupid." So what? It's not as if every Trainer's an angel, like that would happen.This was getting amusing. It was obvious they were trainers that had wool in their eyes. How really naive. This world is not nice, there were people who were trainers that were... not very nice. If they couldn't take her, then how can they take others?

Sean had crept his way over to the counter, where his Pokemon were ready. Just as soon as he turned around, he was met with the arrogant comeback from Haley. It didn't make sense to him why some people just had to be like this. It had gone too far. The only thing he wanted anymore was to get out of this as the victorious one. He had to embarrass the girl and prove her wrong to absolutely everyone. She wasn't going to get away with this - or anything, if Sean was there.

Of course, that's what he thought, overlooking the chance that Haley might actually have some skills on the field.

The (not so) master plan had begun. A challenge would put this all on the line, but he didn't care. He did it.

"You think you're so good, and you can keep talking shit, but I bet it's all a disguise. Show me that you can actually battle, will ya?"

The teal kodana-wearing girl blinked at that, now she was wide awake. Her lips curled up, her eyes light up, "Oooh?" She disregarded his first sentence easily, as if it was insignificant. To her, it was. The guy was now butt-hurt, spouting an insult that she sees as something amatuer, Haley already heard that before, where's the creativity? "Suuure." She drawled, standing up. "I accept your challenge." Man, people were so easy to get pissed over little things.

Thanks to Sean's sacrifice, Connie was out scott free. The girl and him were taking their aggressions out on each other. No longer involved, she could leave them to it. If Connie were cooler, her temper not flaring like the lava in Groudon's lair, she could've turned her back with Slakoth in tow. She could have forgotten everything and just carried on. But, inwardly, she was ashamed. Ashamed she hadn't talked back and defended herself against the conceited kid who'd kick-started it all. Connie supposed she owed Sean but that still didn't make him the most "likable" guy. His earlier words had hit harder than she'd like to admit, anyway.

The other, say, five people wandering about the Center had formed a ring that Connie was practically sucked into. A challenge, right then and there, sparked excitement throughout the crowd. They were all immature, by the looks of it. Wouldn't they realize how messy and potentially destructive a battle in this enclosed of a space would be? It seemed everyone really was an idiot.

"Take it outside!" Alas, her protest was lost among the hoops and hollers of encouraging Trainers. The worst sort of bystanders, so intent on seeing a morning battle the nursing staff had a hard time fighting past them. Things were going downhill quickly and Connie could only look on in disgust.

"I'll send out first, I bet you'll need it," Sean called, as if he could get any cockier.

"You know, you've implied that I'm arrogant, aren't you?" Haley tilted her head and smiled, "But aren't you the one talking shit and being arrogant, instead? Was it perhaps you thought of giving me a "lesson" so that you can make me fall to my knees?" At this rate, she would burst out of laughing. It looks like she got into trouble like the troublemaker she is. (psh, she's not!) "Even if you win doesn't mean you'll win every time we have the chance of battling, you know?" Haley took out a Pokeball. "And you know what? Whatever your motives or whatever your words is, I. don't. care."

Sean chuckled, and wordlessly sent his Snorunt into the room. "Isn't this nice?" he taunted. "Even when we do battle, you still can't stop rambling. This might be easier than I thought. And I thought this would be a breeze." Snorunt looked up into Haley's eyes with almost the same level of anger that Sean currently held. She even growled.

"But I'm not as stupid and naive as you." Haley retorted back, saying the words like in a normal conversation. "Boohoo, I'm a tough guy that's gonna defeat the evil arrogant girl while being arrogant myself like the stupid person I am." She snickered at that her jib, "My, my, whatever should I do~" Out came Mudkip from the ball, he took a glance at both Snorunt and Sean but had already dismissed them.

The back-and-forth banter, the cheers of the crowd... It was legitimate war. Connie felt like the horrified onlooker of a cockfight. This needed to stop. If the professionals were too softspoken to interfere, she couldn't be.

"Stop it! Just stop!" She roared over the shouts which died down a little but the euphoric feeling was maintained. "Take. It. Outside!" Her face grew redder with each word, her temper spilling out of her mouth at the highest volume she could manage.

Obviously, eyebrows were raised. "Can't take the heat?" someone murmured but otherwise, things got a bit tamer, even for just a moment. For the shouts were directed towards the battlers, not the crowd, ready to eat up any action at all. Besides, the nurses were beginning to fight through, so the battle would have to be shortlived if anything happened at all.

"Are you scared? I bet you are, or you'd do something," was the next round of insults thrown by Sean. He was tired of Haley trying to look good, she'd go on forever if she could. This battle was happening, and she'd shut up if she wanted to focus. It wasn't like she was getting anywhere from it.

Now, Sean thought, Mudkip is a Water Type. I'm pretty sure Water resists Ice, so... hmm...

"Use Weather Ball!" he called out. It was the only move Snorunt knew that wasn't Ice type
    and actually damaged the enemy, so it would have to do for now. The typical orb began expanding in front of the Pokemon, and it was quickly batted towards the enemy with it's trademark silver streams trailing behind.

"Pffft, scared, you're actually making me laugh." Haley looked as if she was having fun- she actually was. She waited for his first move and he did, she looked at the ball that was closing in on Mudkip if she continued to stay there, "Oh look, a ball." She calculated, "Run for it and use mud slap on it!" Pochiko moved straight towards the weather ball, its tail covering with mud, as it neared him, he swung his mud-covered tail and slapped it. It went back straight to Snorunt before it exploded midway. "Use water gun, now!" Pochiko shot a Water Gun after a second. "Come on, show me that you can make me eat dirt like the arrogant person you are!"

"Actually," Sean replied, "You're going to be the one eating things. How about water?" Sean was about to try something that probably wouldn't work, but it was worth a shot. He commanded Snorunt to use Weather Ball once more, and when the orb was set free, it collided with the incoming Water Gun and absorbed the attack - but the ball changed. It turned into a blue color and the streams melted into water, but the force had slowed it down greatly. It was just barely working it's way towards the Mudkip, and it could only be dodged if Mudkip couldn't move for whatever reason.

The battle had become a stalemate thanks to the floating Weather Ball, but Sean had an idea again. Hopefully it would work. "Use Ice Shard on it!" Sean called, followed by "But make it a small one!" And so, that was how a small ball of ice began to form between the Pokemon's hands, which was thrown and almost immediately broke apart, with most of the shards striking the blue orb in the back. Just as planned, it went flying in the right direction again, but the remaining Ice Shards created somewhat of a hazard on the field.

His reply showed that he was stupid and deaf, what a sad case. "Water's fine." She shrugged because water? Really? Haley looked at the battfield closely, she knew it was going to hit Mudkip whever he moved... but it didn't mean he couldn't move above, right? "Pochiko, continue using Water Gun down and jump, shoot it below!" Haley commanded, he immidietely jumped at the same time, redirecting the Water Gun down, it made Pochiko fly up. "Alrighty~ Use Mud slap on it! Lay it down hard!" His tail was covered in mud again as he went straight down without the Water Gun helping him up, his tail collided with the ball including the Ice Shard, creating an explosion.

"It is? I had no clue that your special little kip kip had Water Abs-"

"Th-that's enough!"

A shriek shriller than a jet plane eminated throughout the room, nearly throwing the crowd onto their backs. As the explosion cleared, leaving a mark on the laminated flooring, another Pokemon entered the fray. Everyone scattered; the nurses, the youngsters, and Connie. The girl in-particular stumbled backwards, dropping her Slakoth and pressing her palms to her ears. The agonizing screams continued for a short period before a man with headphones ended it, clamping the Whismur's ears back in place.

Professor Aldren looked up at the crowd, either oggling him or consoling their sudden head and ear aches. His shriveled, freckled face flashed red like Connie's. He opened his mouth but full words failed to emerge, only a few flustered noises.

"I-I-I... U-uh...!"

"...well, that worked, I guess." A disgruntled Connie ignored her Slakoth's irritation at being dropped. Returning him to his respective 'ball, she approached the man, quivering arms wrapped around what she supposed was his Whismur.

He was the lankiest thing she'd ever seen, limbs hanging from their sockets like cooked spaghetti. He seemed practically boneless, smothered with freckles and ginger hair pouring messily over his forehead. The professor looked up at Connie but quickly shifted his gaze somewhere else instead.

Just as the battle began, it ended abruptly. By a loud shriek. "SHIT." Haley cringed, she covered ears like a sensible person, one eye glued shut as she looked at the source with her other open eye. She sees a Whismur in the arms of a tall man. And then it the shriekiest voice ever that was even worse than the girl with the slakoth was cut off. FINALLY. Now she was having a headache as bad as being scolded for a long time by her Mum. "You giant stick," She pointed a finger at him, expression still cringing, "are crazy! What kind of method was that?! Bleed our ears?!" Then she paused, "That was a bit awesome, by the way." Perfect for prank next time. At least she wasn't sleepy or she would have been in a bad mood.

Pochiko had his face planted on the ground, he probabily slipped because of the sudden loud noise. "What was that for anyway?! Just when it was about to get good." Haley whined, come on! She spent yesterday bored! Alas, the world is cruel and once again, her fun was ended. Dammit.

The backlash seemed to overwhelm poor Aldren who'd already shown discomfort towards the whole situation. He cringed just as everyone had, face flushed and mouth refusing to open. Why he was having such a difficult time defending himself? Connie had not a single idea. Still, with her now-developing headache, she had little tolerance for harshness. This was her chance to redeem herself, anyway, and speak out against this teal-haired mess of a Trainer that'd triggered all this chaos in the first place.

"Hush up. He did it to end a battle you should've taken outside in the first place," she snapped in defense. "If you and that boy weren't such careless idiots, no one would have to suffer."

The professor still seemed distraught, like the words were stolen from his mouth. He cast a begging look in the Trainer's direction that Connie paid no mind to. He may be a pacifist but she still had a few choice words to dish out.

Her gaze moved to the girl before, her cringing expression smoothed out, there were still echoes of the screech right in her ears but low as it can be. Her expression was clear that she forgot the girl with the Slakoth still exists and it was also clear that she mostly didn't care about the trouble and about the girl's snappish words. "Lighten up, will yah?" Man, she was boring. What was she going to do anyway? Lecture her to death. "Bah, who cares what you say." Haley waved her arm in dismisal, returning Pochiko back to his ball. It was very clear that Haley easily disregarded her.

The noise was ear-shattering, and this argument that had just begun looked like it could end up the same way. It was hard to focus on anything with the shreik still ringing strongly in Sean's ears, but he managed to recall the Snorunt who was currently cowering on the ground with her stubbly little hands covering her unseen ears. Since he was fired up already, he began to yell at the two who had caused this.

"Take it outside? Really? That's what you shattered everyone's ears for? Because I'm sure everyone in this room did something to deserve that, and that was definitely the most pleasant way to tell us, wasn't it?"

Her rage surged as Connie continued. "Well, no one else was doing anything and you needed to stop that instant! If you'd just used your damn heads...! Don't blame anyone but yourselves and your poor decision-making! Honestly, if you can't take flack for anything that you've done, don't start bullshit in the first place!"

There came a eeriely familiar wailing from where Aldren crouched. The gangling researcher sought to quiet his Whismur whose lips began to quiver once more. Preempting a repeat of the earlier event, Connie instantly moved her hands to her ears. It seemed Aldren's Whismur was just as anti-conflict as he himself was.

Like the world's largest spaghetti noodle. Professor Aldren shakily rose to tower over the three Trainers. Despite his headphones sheilding him from the full force of Whismur's scream, he still seemed relatively bothered. Everyone else in the Oldale Pokemon Center was coming to their senses by this point and none seemed pleased. The staff especially. The kind, sparkling blue eyes of the Center nurses transfomed into chilly, spine-tingling ones in single glares. Their Chansey seemed to be warming up a painful Doublesap to dish out to the offenders.

"I'd advise ya'll move along," one thick-waisted, Sinnoh native snapped.

Aldren gulped, Adam's apple bobbing in his tight throat. With trembling hands, he moved towards the two battlers. Everyone was staring at the three of them, ready to dish out more aggressions, most likely. Not that they were unjustified, the majority would have aggravating headaces to attend to in a few moments time. Still, yet more conflict was unnecessary and leaving in peace--preferably never returning--would be the best solutio. However, he found that difficult to communicate to the children.

"Er, I uh... Let's um... Outside. Let's go outside... don't want to start anything else..." His last few words blended in with each other as he shuffled towards the door, Whismur balanced on his shoulder. Aldren hardly threw a look back at the kids but did linger awkwardly by the entrance, so his intentions weren't too subtle.

Everything, the battle that was interrupted, the reactions, everything only served to make Haley amused. Oh man, it was worth the boredom! Nothing, not even the annoyed attitude and the Nurse's glares were affecting her. But that was just Haley, she was a person who was not shackled by the way the world wants her to be. "I don't even get why you're all annoyed and putting the blame on, when you all were cheering as on and didn't bother to stop us." The teal-haired girl drawled, reminding the 'innocent' bystanders of their action before. Let's just say there were people who feel ashamed and embarrassed at the realization that they were also at fault for egging them on.

And that is a reminder of how people can be ridiculous stupid. Yeah, she and that hypocritical guy should have stop but hey, they shouldn't have fueled them either. They were not just stupid but pure bullshit as well. So many hypocrites around her.

But that was the norm Haley knew, was it that hard to be true to yourself? She had no problems with it.

(If we think about it, isn't she what represents one of the other people's 'bad' side? Were there even 'bad' or 'good' sides? The world and its inhabitants were complicated. She was not the one to hide what she thought.)

"Meh, dealing with everyone's stupidity wouldn't do me good." Haley shrugged and followed Aldren- well not really, it was a good excuse to get moving, she already made trouble with the help of the hypocrites around her, the troublemaker had done her job again~

Sean really didn't know what to do. It was either take responsibilty, or go with Haley. It really shouldn't have meant that much to agree with someone, but it did to Sean at that time. This couldn't have been worse. So for about five minutes, there he was, just standing there with a blank expression, until he finally made a risky move. He would go alone with Haley and prey that she wouldn't (metaphorically) kill him. Maybe she wasn't always as much of a jerk?

"You know," he said hesitantly, "She's right. You people just cheer us on, until you randomly decide to do... this. Think about it." And with that, he actually went and stood by Haley. In the back of his mind, he had a really disgusted expression, but he couldn't show it.

The trio hobbled outside, the crowd of youngsters with shifting expressions. They were either considering Haley's words or continuing to glare, perhaps even speaking out. Connie herself was not intent on sticking around so she trailing after the two. Her heart still pounded fiercely and that decision would perhaps be the most rational one she made before she could calm down.

Aldren hadn't noticed her quite yet, only the other two Trainers. The scrawny fellow fell against a nearby tree, emitted a sigh of mixed exhaustion and relief. Whismur still shivered against his neck and he scratched underneath its plugged ears. Their timidness was mutual; two troublemakers with a habit of talking back and Aldren would probably have to interact with them both. Oh, them and that other girl who'd stuck up for him back in the Center. Still, she gave off a sense of aggression that Aldren tried to avoid on most occasions. It seemed this time he'd have no choice, however.

Fortunately, a distraction arose. A well-known bubblegum pop song swelled from his ragged labcoat pocket. As the singer performed part of the chorus, Aldren dug his phone and halted the ringtone before lifting the device to his ear. He turned his back slightly to the Trainers, his voice a sort of a murmur but still perfectly audible.

"Hell- Elm! Oh, Professor! I, uh... T-the ruins? N-now, today!? But Professor, I told y-..." There was a drawn-out moment of silence with barely discernable chatter. Someone else's voice. Specifically, Professor Elm's.

"...I'm sorry. Alright, I'll, uh, find a way. To get the Relicanth. I'll... manage, I suppose. I mean--! Well, uh, bye." Aldren hung up.

Okay, why did she follow him again? Oh right, she didn't mean to, Haley didn't noticed that she had "followed" him. She eyed him, comparing him to the tree. ...He really was a stick. A tall stick that looked ready to snap into two pieces with one poke. Hmmm, now she's wondering if that can happen when she pokes him. He looked really... delicate. When Haley was about to decided- she had paused at the ringtone that suddenly played. She "eavesdropped" at the answered call. Well, not really eavesdrop when she and the other two could hear it loud and clear.

After the 'conversation' happened, Haley leaned in. "So," she spoke out, lips turning up into a small, "What's this ruins and Relicanth, hmmm? Who you anyway?" One of our 'protagonist' questioned but more like prodded. This guy had a fault of ruining her fun so he had to repay her... right? (That and she thought it'll be interesting.)

Sean quickly followed suit, but instead of saying something, he walked over to the wall behind them and began to "eavesdrop", even though everyone knew he was there. This might be a little fun.

"Ruins!? Relicanth!?" The bombardments hit just moments after Aldren had shut off his phone. The teal-haired Trainer oggled him, awaiting an answer, and the Professor felt intimidated despite himself. It didn't take much to persuade him into speaking. A sturdy-enough tone and he'd spill the details, which was exaclty what Aldren did.

"Er, see I'm, uh, from Johto... Gotta get this assignment done..." he humbled without an ounce of eye contact. "Just the, uh, past three or four days... Studying a ruin... (Might have gottten distracted in Slateport)... Gotta bring back a Relicanth..."

The Professor's murmurs interrupted Connie from talking Haley down again. Nosiness was not something she admired. Yet, Aldren's private conversation was admittedly interesting. A researcher from Johto? She deduced he worked for Professor Elm, expert on Pokemon breeding and abilities. But why would be searching for a Relicanth, of all creatures? ...what even was a Relicanth!? Connie'd heard the name before but it failed to bring up any memories. This was so unlike her. She knew the name and battle capabilities of every Hoenn species, or at least as she so thought. Was Relicanth legged, winged...? No, she was entirely without knowledge.

"Relicanth? Er, how would you describe a Pokemon like that?"

Aldren jumped again, as if Connie's inquiry had come from nowhere. "W-what? Oh, the Longevity Pokemon. Rock and Water-typed... fishy features... Hunted to near extinction... Unchanged for 100 million years... It's not-"

"One hundred million years!? That's insane! But Rock and Water typing? How disappointing. Not to mention fish Pokemon are difficult to train in-general."

"Yeah, well, I'm not really looking to train one... Relicanth are rare, not many Trainers have even heard of it... I just specialize in ancient Pokemon... Relicanth could hide a lot of secrets, you know?"

"That means Relicanth are important." Haley piped up, there was a gleam in her eyes. Now this was getting very interesting. "You think someone else knows that Relicanth exists and possibly finding them now?" That was the usual, right? Like the ones shown in TV, Haley bet tha are 'bad guys' appearing... or that's what she was wishing for, cliche as it may be. She smiled, it wasn't pretty. A mischievous smile. "But you'll be alright, right?" She was not asking out of goodness of her heart, more like concern over the fact she couldn't see if he could break, he really, really looked like a stick or something she wants to poke badly.

Haley's sly-seeming question certainly got Aldren's attention. His face flushed sudden color like a Kecleon's. The surprise was assumed to be "Aldren being Aldren" at first but it seemed the words themselves had actually terrified him.

"W-what!? Oh no... Ohhhh nooo..." His hands were shaking and his eyes were darting everywhere in some fretful fit. Whismur groaned and Connie felt aggravated seeing his sudden, starling panic attack.

"Calm down, Professor!" she snapped, and he did, looking minutely ashamed.

"I-I'm sorry! I-it's just..." -- he looked around again -- "...I feel like I've been being f-followed lately, a-and I never thought... Maybe... Someone else looking for Relicanth! B-but why would they...?" His voice was shaky and overflowing with panic and dread, something that only bothered young Connie further.

"Professor, please. Who could possibly be tracking you?"

"B-but I swear! I heard something the other day... A-and someone else--"

"You sound insanely paranoid." Connie's assumption was a confident one as she crossed her arms. Earnestly, the researcher's schizophrenic behavior was more disappointing that anything.

"I..." Aldren extended a finger to argue but retracted it immediately. There was no need to. Connie would only stay steadfast, no matter his reasoning. So he fell silent.

Ruins, huh? Sounded like something interesting. If only Sean could go... luckily, he had another idea.

Because the first two worked sooooooo well.

The stick - uh, Professor, - was paranoid. Maybe he would feel better if he went with somebody. Sean could be that somebody, and he could check out the ruins if he was. He'd like to see the Relicanth, it would be pretty cool to see such a rare Pokemon in person. So he began to speak.

"Hey, if you're so worried, how about I come with you? It might help you feel a little safer..."

"I'm going too." The troublemaker piped in, grinning widely, "It seems fun." She said, what kind of Pokemon Relicanth looked like anyway? She hadn't seen one from her Dad's photos nor anywhere. Fossil Pokemon. Haley wanted to see one and hey, it cures the boredom!

Connie hesitated. It was most likely expected of her to agree, and she really wanted to. But that duo, the ones who'd started the conflict... It was either go with them or go with... Slakoth.

I can at least delay the inevitable. "Alright, I'm in too. That is, if you'll let us come, Professor."

Aldren was speechless for a while, even after the three Trainers had piped up. Personally, he would really, really, really prefer going alone. But that brought up two issues. The first, saying "no", and the second, potential ambush. No matter how stubborn Connie seemed, the professor was certain he was being tailed. That glimpse of black and blue yesterday had to be a spy of some sort and no Trainer, inexperienced or otherwise, was convincing him on the opposite.

Still, traveling through the thick foresty woodland with a trio of Trainers that had been bickering just a few minutes prior...? It seemed like a disaster waiting to ignite. Another signature wail from Whismur wasn't an option either. The ruins were fragile, some parts already crumbling. Small yet chockfull of secrets... Could the children handle it? Well, to be fair, these Trainers weren't as young as he'd assumed. Seventeen, eighteen years of age was the requirement nowadays. That and thier Pokemon seemed tough enough. Aldren was especially interested in that Mudkip. If Birch can trust them with starters, I suppose I can trust them too.

"Um, alright. You can all come along."

His answer was met with inward celebration on Connie's end. No matter how crazy he appeared, she wanted to see a Relicanth and explore the secret ruins it most likely inhabited. Much more engaging than bumbling around in the tall grass with her unfortunate Slakoth partner as a sole companion.

"Are we leaving now or later?" she asked.

Aldren took a moment to think. "Um, now, I guess. Wh-while it's early. Make sure you have your things... Uh... I'll just, uh, wait near the eastern part of town... Where the ruins are..."

He was never good with parting messages. But, with that all said, he stood and shuffled over.

"Good!" Haley chirped, her lips curling into a smirk, leaning in towards Aldren, "Though you looked like you were thinking of rejecting first, you made the right decision on changing your mind." Her eyes glinted, her expression was similar to cat that ate the canary, "Because I'd still come even with 'no'!" She was not about to let the fun slip from her grasp.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Disclosed, Veevee & sarcasm: BEFORE I GET STARTED I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE LAYOUT AND HOW EVERYONE'S WORK IS DONE IN DIFFERENT COLOURS, makes it easy to see who's doing what and so on. I love Connie thinking that Tobias is a twat, that word just gave me a chuckle! I loved the back and forth between Haley and Sean, early signs of a rivalry perhaps? The battle is so realistic and I'm just picturing it so clearly, great work. Aldren's personality is coming across better than I could have imagined! THAT WAS AMAZING GUYS JOINT POSTING AT IT'S FINEST, keep up the awesome work, I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion and hearing of this expedition!

Back