• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon GO Luvdisc event announced!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• Luvdisc are on the prowl! Luvdisc and Chansey spawns will increase for two days, just in time for Valentine's Day! What do you guys think of this? :]

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Well they really weren't kidding by saying everywhere huh lmao. I had loads spawn around me whilst working away in college. It's a pity that over half of then keep fleeing from me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've been encountering every Luvdisc I see to see if its shiny but I run from most since I'm saving my Pokeballs for Pokemon I need to evolve.

I see Chansey is still spawning as much as it always has, zilch. Only need 2 and I hatched my 1st and only back in April. Hatched 29 10kms since.

Last edited:

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I've been encountering every Luvdisc I see to see if its shiny but I run from most since I'm saving my Pokeballs for Pokemon I need to evolve.

I see Chansey is still spawning as much as it always has, zilch. Only need 2 and I hatched my 1st and only back in April. Hatched 29 10kms since.

Same. I would love if I ran into wild Chanseys. I've got one in my walker at the moment and only need to walk the small amount of 30km to get enough candies to evolve it. :') I think I've hatched 2 from 10km eggs in all the time I've spent playing.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    To be honest if I only hatched 2 Chanseys in my time playing the game and got the minimum amount of candies from both then had to walk to get the rest of the candies I wouldn't care if another chansey spawned. I had to do that for Mareep, Pupitar, Dratini, Ponyta, Porygon there's tons of Pokemon in Pokemongo that I only ever hatched and had to walk to get the candies to evolved.

I am done with PokemonGo's tracking system failure.

I had 2 Chanseys today despawn before I could find them. The tracker needs to tell you which direction the Pokemon is in. Pokemon moving up or down the tracker doesn't work because 1. If there's only 3 Pokemon on the tracker it's not going to tell you anything. And 2. The first three slots are usually occupied by the Pokemon at the nearest Pokestop which from my house is a half mile away.

It also needs to have a time limit on Pokemon before they despawn. Not all Pokemon that appear on the tracker have 15min spawn time as they likely used up most of their spawn time before they appeared on the tracker. Then you waste time walking to a pokemon a half mile away and it despawns before you get there.

The pokestop tracker isn't terrible but the regular tracker is garbage. To be honest the 3 step system was better then this crap. And now it's cost me 2 Chanseys. Aka the first and second Chansey to ever appear on the tracker since July 2016.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I encountered every Luvdisc I saw, 149 during the event. No shinies.

I'm not exactly sure how people managed to encounter 500+ Luvdisc. Unless they don't have jobs and didn't sleep.

I don't know if it's been stated but does a higher caught number effect shiny odds. I see a lot of people who caught all the Luvdisc found shinies while I who only caught 16 didn't. Same thing happened with Swablu and in the past with Duskull and Shuppet. Also the Pikachu event.

The 2 Chansey I mentioned were the only ones I saw.

I also noticed a glitch locked everyone out of the game for the last hour of the event.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It seems this event hasn't ended. I'm still seeing Luvdisc spawn alot and today I finally found my 1st wild Chansey. It gave 300 stardust also which I believe is more then normal.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Awww this is such a cute idea <3 I didn't log on to catch any but now I wish that I had!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I am now at 858 Luvdisc candy. Kind of sad to not have reached 1,000... no shiny though :(

Also found 2 wild Chansey during the event, one of which was 5000 Stardust, 84% IVs! That was beyond hypey.

Back