• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lenora or Cheren?

Lenora vs Cheren?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not many votes in last poll - that's ok. This poll is WAY more interesting.

Who is the TRUE normal gym leader? ;)

Spr_B2W2_Lenora.png
    RoHB7Gs.png
    Spr_B2W2_Cheren.png

Who really was the best Normal-type gym leader? Would have you seen them leading any other gyms? Did they contribute enough to the story in their respective games?

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • I'll choose Lenora.Her Watchdog's Retaliate hit like a truck.Since Retaliate base power is 70 becoming 310 because STAB and get double power because of Heirder.It's pretty clever use move who get double power if ally fainted in the last Pokemon.Lenora is the reason I stop Play White in the first Playthrough (Although I Played again after 6 months ).Also, Her Watchdog has Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.Two Negative Status (Sleep and Confusion) most hated by a player.

Cheren actually hard too if you waste time.Lilipup's Work Up Twice and Tackle Hit Like Truck too.

Would have you seen them leading any other gyms?

Introducing another Gym leader like Lenora to Burgh is enough to me

Did they contribute enough to the story in their respective games?
    Of course.Both Lenora & Cheren Help Player fight Team Plasma.But, Cheren has bigger role more than Lenora (Since He is our Rival in BW)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Voted for Cheren, since while Lenora's strategy is scary, Cheren's is even more scary since he's still only the first Gym and having a Lillipup spamming Work Up is already a disaster waiting to happen since he can get enough buffs to OHKO your whole team. It's not very uncommon to wipe to him this easily.

Another positive Cheren has over Lenora is that he has more roles in the main story than she does.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I didn't really like either :( like, Cheren is cool, or relatable in BW but then in B2W2 he's just so... different. Battle wise they're both kinda hard for starting leaders but I would say: Cheren is just a little harder?

pkmin3033

I liked Lenora's design; she was totally different from any Gym Leader that had come before her...there's this annoying common theme in Gym Leader design depending on the type of Pokemon they use, but Lenora stuck out like a sore thumb - in fact, she was the only one of Unova's Gym Leaders that did - and I liked that about her. Her design felt more natural and less painfully obvious; she was a normal woman, but nothing about her screamed "I USE NORMAL TYPES SO I LOOK LIKE THIS!" at me, which is a feeling I always get with Gym Leaders. She also reminded me a little bit of the woman in old Tom and Jerry cartoons for some reason.

Neither she nor Cheren were particularly difficult though, and both were forgettable in terms of personality/story involvement, like every other NPC ever. For her it's slightly more forgivable though, given Cheren's involvement in BW and how utterly bland he was in B2W2 despite this.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I liked Cheren as a Gym Leader because it was fun to see how much he'd changed and grown since the previous games - Lenora was just a random NPC I had no personal connection to. I didn't really find either of them challenging in battle so that doesn't factor into my choice much haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've just never liked Cheren in either of the games so naturally my vote goes to Lenora. She was one of the better Gym Leaders imo and she put up a good challenge so early on in the game as do most Normal-type Gym Leaders.

Back