• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

Years
  • LvP8gqlLZ3.gif
    lkwXml4ZOA.gif
    jkn4huF9uJ.gif
    KWYFt5aWAq.gif
    XB0e4nyKCL2.gif
    Ypw-Gaxm3i-N2.gif

Following Pokemon EX
    Highly Improved version of the Following Pokemon script by help14 and mej71 for Essentials v20.1

Important Update

Overview:
    The Following Pokemon script made by help14 was truly a groundbreaking script. It brought the Walking Pokemon functionality from HGSS to Essentials allowing players to walk around with their Pokemon and talk to them, just like those games. However, that script was made with v15.1 in mind, which is 8 years old now! Not only that, people (including myself) who tried to update the script to the latest version of Essentials, didn't change that. What happened was that each new updated added new features to a dated script, making it bloated and riddled with bugs. This version of the script aims to fix that. I've rewritten almost all of the script with v20.1 in mind. I've also fixed many bugs, added several new features, added built-in compatibility with a few common Essentials scripts, and would go even as far as to call this, the definitive version of the Following Pokemon script.

New Features:
    • Added a system to include new Dialogue for the Following Pokemon easily.
    • Added a system to include new Conditions to refresh the Following Pokemon easily.
    • Added accurate Animation for Entry of Following Pokemon in Battle.
    • Added accurate Animation for HM Usage by Following Pokemon in the Overworld.
    • Made the Following Pokemon alot more interactive by increasing the amount of default dialogue. (Thanks to Aki!)
    • Added Gen 4-style Overworld Emote Animations for the Following Pokemon when talking to you.
    • Added pulsing tones to Following Pokemon for showing status conditions in the overworld.
    • Added the ability to cycle through your party in the overworld like in Let's Go.
    • Added the ability to control your Following Pokemon using Move Routes.
    • Added the ability to add emote animations to your Following Pokemon.
    • Added animations for Following Pokemon when interacting with the Pokecenter.
    • Smooth interactions with other Followers which are not Pokemon.
    • Native Support for the following scripts:
      • Marin's and Boonzeets Sideways Stairs script.
      • Pokemon Amie script by PizzaSun.
      • Pokeride script by Marin.
      • Super Shiny from Elite Battle: DX
      • Advanced HM Items by FeelsMoyoMan

Fixes from the Original Script:
    • Compatibility for Essentials v20.1
    • Dropped support for all older version of Essentials.
    • Fixed all weird open and close animation issues.
    • Optimized and rewrote most of the code to increase Performance greatly.
    • The first unfainted Pokemon in the party will follow you instead of having no Following Pokemon when the first party member faints. This can easily be changed.
    • Fixed the need for using 100 different commands to toggle Following Pokemon. Now FollowingPkmn.toggle_on or FollowingPkmn.toggle_off should suffice in all cases
    • The Following Pokemon are now reflected in any water the player is.
    • Fixed the need for extra game switches and variables to control data that is maintained for Following Pokemon.
    • Fixed all bugs with overworlds of Pokemon with alternalte forms, shiny overworlds and gender-specific overworlds.
    • Fixed all issues with surfing, ice sliding, waterfall interactions, blacking out, map transfers and many such map interactions.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon being duplicated after healing at a Pokecenter.
    • Fixed some HMs not working in the presence of Following Pokemon.
    • The script no longer overwrites existing edits to HMs and starting over.
    • The script no longer requires Common Events to work (but still has compatibility for them), so it doesn't need to override CommonEvents.rxdata.
    • The script now smartly animates Following Pokemon at PokeCenters, without any user intervention (assuming that the Nurse Joy event is properly set up).
    • The event that's being converted to a Following Pokemon now longer needs to be named anything specific.
    • The Following Pokemon now appropriately refreshes in almost all scenarios.

If you want a compilation of all Pokemon Overworld sprites from Gen 1-8 formatted for the script, consider checking out the Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1

This plugin is not compatible with Essentials v19, v18, v17.2, v16.2 or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Download Link

Please Credit the following people when using this script

Spoiler:

Instructions:
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Glad to see you've updated it! can't use it myself as of v17 (could probably downport it but dont think its worth making the script worse to function) but definetly will use it when i update to v18 covers alot of my current issues in v17 with the old one (ofc outdated-ness of a script)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    It seems that when you are defeated and black out to your home,the follower will not appear again.
    In the old following scripts,there are some fixes about that.But not in this EX version.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It seems that when you are defeated and black out to your home,the follower will not appear again.
    In the old following scripts,there are some fixes about that.But not in this EX version.

5MlxfgUakJ.gif

Redownload and reinstall the script and restart your save. You've probably messed something up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yes...It turns out you are right.I break the "def pbStartOver" by accident when editing the send-out animation.
    Thanks for answering.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Now I meet another problem that when Xerneas Leaves battle,It will turn to active mode following,only after I go to another map,it turn back to inactive one.
    I wonder if it is a bug or I messed something up again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    There seem to be some compatibility issues with Marin's Enhanced Staircases, as shown in the GIF below. I tried it with stairs facing the other direction and the same issue persisted. I also tried it without the tree near the bottom of the stairs.

cabaee3cd8bff65a4202800dc95140f7.gif

It seems to have to do with the passability of the sides of the stairs, specifically the passability of the tile directly in front of the player. Normally, they're set up like the image below, and this setup results in the error mentioned above. If I set those impassable tiles to passable, however, the follower behaves as expected, but having the player be able to walk on those tiles isn't ideal.

3469347d73f23dd6fede0f56c39de8c7.png

I tried to gather as much information as possible, let me know if you need any more information or can't replicate the same error if you try to recreate it yourself.

Years
  • Now I meet another problem that when Xerneas Leaves battle,It will turn to active mode following,only after I go to another map,it turn back to inactive one.
    I wonder if it is a bug or I messed something up again.

Place the script below scripts like Mid Battle Dialogue of Dynamax. It seems that the battler isn't refreshing because those scripts are being overwritten.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2021
    I didn't understand the instructions either :/
    ¨In the Database Option, create a new Common Event with the ID number of Follower_Common_Event from Follower_Config. It should have only one script command in it pbTalkToFollower¨. What to do here ? Please note that I've just begun with this for fun and don't have any programming skills prior to this :)

Years
  • I didn't understand the instructions either :/

Look in the Follower_Config script. Do you see Follower_Common_Event? Look at the number that Follower_Common_Event is equal to and note it down.

Now go in Database. Now look for a blank event under Common Events tab. It should have the same ID Number as the number you noted from above.

In that event, add the script command "pbTalkToFollower"

Years
  • Update!

The script has been updated to fix the Following bugs:
    • Some fixes with Enhanced Stairs compatibility
    • Fixed a few animation related bugs with surfing
    • Starting over has been thoroughly tested and has no bugs
    • Fixed forms not reverting after battle

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    LvP8gqlLZ3.gif
    lkwXml4ZOA.gif
    k32VTe1ZyB.gif
    6XnOaqiJDc.gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Following Pokemon EX
    Highly Improved version of the Following Pokemon script by help14 and mej71 for Essentials v18

Overview:
    The Following Pokemon script made by help14 was truly a groundbreaking script. It brought the Walking Pokemon functionality from HGSS to Essentials allowing players to walk around with their Pokemon and talk to them, just like those games. However, that script was made with v15.1 in mind, which is 6 years old now! Not only that, people (including myself) who tried to update the script to the latest version of Essentials, didn't change that. What happened was that each new updated added new features to a dated script, making it bloated and riddled with bugs. This version of the script aims to fix that. I've rewritten almost all of the script with v18 in mind. I've also fixed many bugs, added several new features, added built-in compatibility with a few common Essentials scripts, and would go even as far as to call this, the definitive version of the Following Pokemon script.

New Features:
    • Split code into 2 sections Follower_Main and Follower_Config for organizational purposes. Most users should have no need to look at the Follower_Main script because all customization is handled in Follower_Config
    • Added a system to include new Dialogue for the Following Pokemon easily
    • Added a system to include new Conditions to refresh the Following Pokemon easily
    • Added accurate Animation for Entry of Following Pokemon in Battle (Not in EBS/ EBDX)
    • Added accurate Animation for HM Usage by Follower in the Overworld
    • Made the Follower alot more interactive by increasing the amount of default dialogue. (Thanks to Aki!)
    • Native Support for Marin's Overworld Shadow Script
    • Native Support for Marin's Footprint Script
    • Native Support for Marin's and Boonzeets Sideways Stairs script
    • Native Support for KleinStudio's Always on Bush script
    • Native Support for Pokemon Amie script by Bhagya Jyoti
    • Native Support for Pokeride script by Marin

Fixes from the Original Script:
    • Compatibility for Essentials v18
    • Dropped support for all older version of Essentials
    • Optimized and rewrote most of the code to increase Performance greatly
    • The first unfainted Pokemon in the party will follow you instead of having no follower when the first party member faints
    • Fixed the need for using 100 different commands to toggle followers. Now pbToggleFollowingPokemon should suffice in all cases
    • Your follower pokemon are now reflected in any water the player is
    • Fixed the need for extra game switches and variables
    • Fixed bugs with Forms and Shiny Overworlds
    • Fixed issues with Ledges
    • Fixed issues with Ice Sliding
    • Fixed All issues with blacking out
    • Fixed all map transfer issues
    • Fixed Duplicate Followers
    • Fixed some HMs not working when a Pokemon is following you

Download Linkhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/a44d90rvvfo12j3/Following+Pokemon+EX.zip/file

If you want a compilation of all Pokemon Overworld sprites from Gen 1-8, consider checking out the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18

Please Credit the following people if you use this script.
    Credits:
    Spoiler:

This script is not compatible with Essentials v17.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Instructions
    Please read this because the installation instructions are slightly different from the Original Following Pokemon Script.
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Does it work for 18.1 essentials

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I didn't understand the instructions either :/
    ¨In the Database Option, create a new Common Event with the ID number of Follower_Common_Event from Follower_Config. It should have only one script command in it pbTalkToFollower¨. What to do here ? Please note that I've just begun with this for fun and don't have any programming skills prior to this :)

you have to go to database go to common event go to 5th comment event that is empty name it Follower_Common_Event and click on command of that event and write script pbTalkToFollower then click on ok. then create any invisible event name it FollowerPkmn and also remember the id no ( in top left corner) of invisible event then ok and then go to event where you first receive starter and add the script pbPokemonFollow(ABC) ABC should replaced by the invisible event id no then ok then start a new game if you not start game it will say error so create a new safe file and done.

Back