• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    The Pokeride script doesn't work in v18 without heavily editing it. I'm using the script after editing it heavily and it works fine for me.

Hey golipoed user Plz create a text file in which you explain all the code you modified to Make Pokeride compatible with 18.1 with Following Pokemon plz tell how you do I m making a game and I need both Pokeride and Following Pokemon Plz.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    The Pokeride script doesn't work in v18 without heavily editing it. I'm using the script after editing it heavily and it works fine for me.

And also Pokeride works but if we mount a Pokemon and then take the Pokemon that is gonna follow us not follow us and If take a Pokemon that follow them mount a Pokemon it will follower after refresh it will hide does the both things work with your heavily modified script

Years
  • This is really cool! Couldn't get it to work for a bit.....I somehow managed to name the folder ''Folllowing'' xD

Years
  • This is really cool! Couldn't get it to work for a bit.....I somehow managed to name the folder ''Folllowing'' xD

Funnily enough, something similar happened to me. While writing the code for loading the path of the Following Pokemon Character sprites, I spelled the folder name as "Folowing" and then was driven to the brink of insanity because the Follower didn't load any charset for some reason.

plz golipoed user can you give the heavily edited script plz i need.

Hey golipoed user Plz create a text file in which you explain all the code you modified to Make Pokeride compatible with 18.1 with Following Pokemon plz tell how you do I m making a game and I need both Pokeride and Following Pokemon Plz.

Nope. Sorry.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Funnily enough, something similar happened to me. While writing the code for loading the path of the Following Pokemon Character sprites, I spelled the folder name as "Folowing" and then was driven to the brink of insanity because the Follower didn't load any charset for some reason.

Nope. Sorry.

Ok do one thing give me your Script.rxdata

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2021
    It hasn't been loading the follower, I have the sprites in my files, I thought it wouldn't work with them in both Graphics/Characters and Graphics/Characters/Followers (I'm using most of the following sprites as overworlds), so I deleted the Followers folder and it's still not loading, I've even pressed Control (it said something about it in the script)

Years
  • It hasn't been loading the follower, I have the sprites in my files, I thought it wouldn't work with them in both Graphics/Characters and Graphics/Characters/Followers (I'm using most of the following sprites as overworlds), so I deleted the Followers folder and it's still not loading, I've even pressed Control (it said something about it in the script)
    The naming of the sprites should be the same as Icon sprites ie 001, 649s_2 etc. The script will not be able to load graphics if you have named the sprites anything else.

Ok do one thing give me your Script.rxdata
    No you do one thing and quit bothering me about this. If I wanna share it, I'll share it for everyone, like I did with Following Pokemon, or I will not share it at all.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    The naming of the sprites should be the same as Icon sprites ie 001, 649s_2 etc. The script will not be able to load graphics if you have named the sprites anything else.

No you do one thing and quit bothering me about this. If I wanna share it, I'll share it for everyone, like I did with Following Pokemon, or I will not share it at all.

I will figure out my self don't requires your help rude guy

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2021
    I definitely have them named like that, it might be a script causing it (I have the Gen 8 Project and Modular Pause also installed if that helps)

Years
  • I definitely have them named like that, it might be a script causing it (I have the Gen 8 Project and Modular Pause also installed if that helps)

I can't help you any further because I'm not aware of the exact edits you've made in your scripts, but I can try directing you in the right direction for errors.

1) Check if you actually have Pokemon in your party and atleast one of them isn't fainted.

2) Restart your save if you were using the old Following Pokemon script before this.

3) Try putting this in the script command of a Blank Event
    Code:
    p $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite(false,true)
    If on interacting with this event, it says true that means your graphics are misplaced and if it says false then it's an error in Follower_Config.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2021
    I have imported the sprites and data from https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=442507 in my project, however if I let dreepy follow me he looks in the wrong directions, this also only seems to happen with dreepy. When going left, he looks up. When going right, he looks left. When going up, he looks right. When going down, he looks down. If I look at the sprite sheet it seems correct to me, at least it has the same directions as bulbasaur ? Is there some setting I need to change, or is this intended behaviour for the pokemon dreepy ?

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Following Pokemon EX
    Highly Improved version of the Following Pokemon script by help14 and mej71 for Essentials v18

Overview:
    The Following Pokemon script made by help14 was truly a groundbreaking script. It brought the Walking Pokemon functionality from HGSS to Essentials allowing players to walk around with their Pokemon and talk to them, just like those games. However, that script was made with v15.1 in mind, which is 6 years old now! Not only that, people (including myself) who tried to update the script to the latest version of Essentials, didn't change that. What happened was that each new updated added new features to a dated script, making it bloated and riddled with bugs. This version of the script aims to fix that. I've rewritten almost all of the script with v18 in mind. I've also fixed many bugs, added several new features, added built-in compatibility with a few common Essentials scripts, and would go even as far as to call this, the definitive version of the Following Pokemon script.

New Features:
    • Split code into 2 sections Follower_Main and Follower_Config for organizational purposes. Most users should have no need to look at the Follower_Main script because all customization is handled in Follower_Config
    • Added a system to include new Dialogue for the Following Pokemon easily
    • Added a system to include new Conditions to refresh the Following Pokemon easily
    • Added accurate Animation for Entry of Following Pokemon in Battle (Not in EBS/ EBDX)
    • Added accurate Animation for HM Usage by Follower in the Overworld
    • Made the Follower alot more interactive by increasing the amount of default dialogue. (Thanks to Aki!)
    • Native Support for Marin's Overworld Shadow Script
    • Native Support for Marin's Footprint Script
    • Native Support for Marin's and Boonzeets Sideways Stairs script
    • Native Support for KleinStudio's Always on Bush script
    • Native Support for Pokemon Amie script by Bhagya Jyoti
    • Native Support for Pokeride script by Marin

Fixes from the Original Script:
    • Compatibility for Essentials v18
    • Dropped support for all older version of Essentials
    • Optimized and rewrote most of the code to increase Performance greatly
    • The first unfainted Pokemon in the party will follow you instead of having no follower when the first party member faints
    • Fixed the need for using 100 different commands to toggle followers. Now pbToggleFollowingPokemon should suffice in all cases
    • Your follower pokemon are now reflected in any water the player is
    • Fixed the need for extra game switches and variables
    • Fixed bugs with Forms and Shiny Overworlds
    • Fixed issues with Ledges
    • Fixed issues with Ice Sliding
    • Fixed All issues with blacking out
    • Fixed all map transfer issues
    • Fixed Duplicate Followers
    • Fixed some HMs not working when a Pokemon is following you

Download Linkhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/a44d90rvvfo12j3/Following+Pokemon+EX.zip/file

If you want a compilation of all Pokemon Overworld sprites from Gen 1-8, consider checking out the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18

Please Credit the following people if you use this script.
    Credits:
    Spoiler:

This script is not compatible with Essentials v17.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Instructions
    Please read this because the installation instructions are slightly different from the Original Following Pokemon Script.
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Could you support different types of pokeballs? I want to animate the effect of a Greatball if the Pokémon is in it. Or also of other types, could you support different animations for other Pokeballs?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found a bug. When ANIMATION COME OUT is due, the ANIMATION COME IN is repeated first, which does not make sense.
    How to fix?

Years
  • I have imported the sprites and data from https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=442507 in my project, however if I let dreepy follow me he looks in the wrong directions, this also only seems to happen with dreepy.
    Recheck your sprite. I also use the same Project and I don't get this issue.

I found a bug. When ANIMATION COME OUT is due, the ANIMATION COME IN is repeated first, which does not make sense.
    How to fix?
    It's a necessary evil. Refreshing the sprite plays the animation by default because the sprite needs to be updated on various occasions, like surfing, and updating without the animation looks odd. You can remove it by changing the remove_sprite(true) to remove_sprite(false) in def come_back, but I don't recommend that.

Could you support different types of pokeballs? I want to animate the effect of a Greatball if the Pokémon is in it. Or also of other types, could you support different animations for other Pokeballs?
    Sure. If someone is ready to make the animations for 26 different Pokeball types then I'll add that functionality.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Recheck your sprite. I also use the same Project and I don't get this issue.

It's a necessary evil. Refreshing the sprite plays the animation by default because the sprite needs to be updated on various occasions, like surfing, and updating without the animation looks odd. You can remove it by changing the remove_sprite(true) to remove_sprite(false) in def come_back, but I don't recommend that.

Sure. If someone is ready to make the animations for 26 different Pokeball types then I'll add that functionality.

Thanks. If I send you only the Greatball one, can you make a code template so I can easily assign more animations?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I believe that because the Pokémon Follower is considered an event that cannot be overcome as in previous versions, it caused a serious drop in FPS on average PC's.
    does anyone suggest anything to improve game performance?

Years
  • 'pbPokemonFound' doesn't seem to work. I've added a script command with pbPokemonFound(:POKEBALL) and nothing happens.
    You need to actually have a Following Pokemon with you for it to work.

I believe that because the Pokémon Follower is considered an event that cannot be overcome as in previous versions, it caused a serious drop in FPS on average PC's.
    does anyone suggest anything to improve game performance?
    A singular dependent event will not cause a drop in FPS. What will cause a drop in FPS is things like Parallel Processes. Keep those at a minimum and you should be golden.

Back