• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] BEYOND ooc

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Roll call! Are we abandoning this?

The IRL time mechanics were fun in the beginning. Maybe when we stopped using them, The Decline started O:

Years
I am also down. As much as I would hate to leave anyone behind, the time mechanics lit a fire under people's butts, and without that fire, people drifted away. Bring back Beyond, light that fire again!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
hmm. Okay, I'll try to kick it back up with some mechanics then! Might twist them a little bit, and maybe we'll just completely skip the "team rocket event" for now. Retcon a go-go

I'll be back with some form of update on how mechanics etc work from now on, shortly~<3

hi doodett

Roll call! If we re-implement the mechanics system in one way or another, and I try to organize things a bit more, and we skip the team rocket stuff in Lavender for now, are you guys still up for playing? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, what do you think about this? It's not "IRL" mechanics, but it might make Beyond feel less like "oh no gotta get my actions in sigh" and more like something where we can actually let our characters evolve. Yeah? No?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Roll call, sound off! Elise and her cat team reporting! I like the simplified system, and it's fairly balanced as far as levels go. Level up as much as you want, but only one new move per day? Sounds fair.

I'll whip out a new post soon. I still want that Cubone. Out of curiosity, was there a reason she only appeared for people who didn't battle anyone that day?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Martin and his band of misfits reporting for duty!

AS for the mechanics, just so i understand, we can only do one advancing action meaning if we teach a new move we can't catch a Pokemon as well on the same IC day but rather have to wait until the next one? Or do we just have to at least do one of those actions but can do more if we like?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Roll call, sound off! Elise and her cat team reporting! I like the simplified system, and it's fairly balanced as far as levels go. Level up as much as you want, but only one new move per day? Sounds fair.

I'll whip out a new post soon. I still want that Cubone. Out of curiosity, was there a reason she only appeared for people who didn't battle anyone that day?
She needs to really trust her trainer before she will want to be part of violence again.

Martin and his band of misfits reporting for duty!

AS for the mechanics, just so i understand, we can only do one advancing action meaning if we teach a new move we can't catch a Pokemon as well on the same IC day but rather have to wait until the next one? Or do we just have to at least do one of those actions but can do more if we like?
I think we'll drop levels yeah, and just evolve/teach moves/capture new mons. Only so much can happen every IC day, so you'll have to choose yep!

Alternatively we go for 1 action every OOC week buuuut. Idk. IC mechanics might be nicer for reasons I mentioned earlier.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I think we'll drop levels yeah, and just evolve/teach moves/capture new mons. Only so much can happen every IC day, so you'll have to choose yep!

Alternatively we go for 1 action every OOC week buuuut. Idk. IC mechanics might be nicer for reasons I mentioned earlier.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Roll call! If we re-implement the mechanics system in one way or another, and I try to organize things a bit more, and we skip the team rocket stuff in Lavender for now, are you guys still up for playing? :)

Damien still lives.

I'm okay with the new rules, especially if everyone else is up for it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
yayyy <333

Alright, let me edit Lavender Town a tiny bit... the previous areas can remain as relics of past times for now.

EDIT: just archiving old OP

Spoiler:

aaand archiving old Lavender Town too.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
hhhhhhhello sorley is still ready for action

i like these mechanics

- are moves still limited to 6 per pkmn
- do we need u as the gm to give us evo items for pkmn that need them

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
hhhhhhhello sorley is still ready for action

i like these mechanics

- are moves still limited to 6 per pkmn
- do we need u as the gm to give us evo items for pkmn that need them
Yes 6 moves per mon at any time.

Hmmmm I'd say trade evos, you can just evolve whenever, no trade needed. Trade + item evos you just need the item. And for items, I think you can acquire it when you see fit :) Because you can still only do one out of NewMove/Evo/NewMon every IC day, so that's restriction enough imo. But like, don't just find it on the ground randomly lol. Make it make sense.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
+ Martin​

Pretty cool ensamble we still have c: Martin's picture is photobucketblocked O:

Back