• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
what is wrong with dis script?

#org $begin
checkflag 0x220
if b_true goto $done
applymovement 0xFF $move
pausemove 0
message $1
boxset 6
warp 0x18 0x03 0x00
release
end

#org $done
message $2
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move1
pausemove 0
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x09 0x09 0x09 0x09 0x0B 0x0B 0x09 0xFE

#org $1
$1 1 =WHO DARE COME TO MY PLACE?\p\v\h01: my name is \v\h01,\nI came to ask you about the angels,\pYOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ANGELS\nTHEN TAKE THIS.

#org $2
$2 1 =Best i dont go here.

#org $move1
#raw 0x08 0xFE

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
Years
uh..how can i make pikachu disappear after the wild battle... i mean if i walk away he'll appear again?? how can i do it???
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Help. How can I make the sprite dissappear after a battle? Here is script:
#org $battle
lock
faceplayer
message $roar
boxset 6
wildbattle 1 5 0
setflag 0x206
release
end

#org $roar
$roar 1 = Bulbasaur:Bul..Bulba!

Plz help.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2008
Hi, I'm new here. I've been viewing this forum for quite a while though, without posting anything. I started making a hack for the RUBY US rom. Now I seem to have run into a scripting problem.

#org $start
checkflag 0x800
if b_true goto $done
message $noway
boxset 6
applymovement 0x01 $push
applymovement 0xFF $pushed
pausemove 0
applymovement 0x01 $stepback
pausemove 0
release
end

#org $done
trainerbattle 0 0x001 $before $after
message $beaten
boxset 6
applymovement 0x01 $disappear
release
end

#org $noway
$noway =Woah, you're not getting passed me\nunless you beat me in a POKéMON battle.\pOh wait!\nYou don't have any POKéMON!\pGuess you're not leaving anytime soon!

#org $push
#raw 0x07 0xFE

#org $pushed
#raw 0x0F 0xFE

#org $stepback
#raw 0x06 0x03 0xFE

#org $before
$before =Woah, you're not getting passed me\nunless...\pWhat?\nYou're here to challenge me?\pAlright then,\nbring it on!

#org $after
$after =No way!

#org $beaten
$beaten =I underestimated you.\nYou won't beat me a second time!

#org $dissapear
#raw 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x54 0xFE
Ok, this scipt is supposed to stop the player from leaving the first town without a pokemon (obvious). When you do have a pokemon, the guy blocking the entrance will battle you and afterwards leave. Anyway, this works fine if I use the script on the person (so if you talk to your rival this script will start). However I want the script to start when you walk into the tile in front of him. I thought I could just place the script on the tile, but when you walk over that tile the game freezes. How can I fix this? (and any other problem with this script for that matter?)

PS: I checked many tut's and tried the search button but they weren't very helpfull, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Years
Hi, I'm new here. I've been viewing this forum for quite a while though, without posting anything. I started making a hack for the RUBY US rom. Now I seem to have run into a scripting problem.

Ok, this scipt is supposed to stop the player from leaving the first town without a pokemon (obvious). When you do have a pokemon, the guy blocking the entrance will battle you and afterwards leave. Anyway, this works fine if I use the script on the person (so if you talk to your rival this script will start). However I want the script to start when you walk into the tile in front of him. I thought I could just place the script on the tile, but when you walk over that tile the game freezes. How can I fix this? (and any other problem with this script for that matter?)

PS: I checked many tut's and tried the search button but they weren't very helpfull, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

To a lot of people's post my answer is read the tutorial.

Now Refresh within this tutorial, there was a little part on getting the scripts on tiles to work, I think.
In Advancemap 1.82 Change the first Unknown to 03 00 and the var number to 50 40.
In Advancemap 1.9 and higher, change the Unknown to 0003, and the var number to 4050.
It was in the tutorial, except it only covered Advancemap 1.82.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well maybe it's because you gave the Pokemon at a level that is too high. You need to get a couple of badges first.

How do you use flags to activate HM's.
Hmm...You don't. You can use giveitem scripts to do so. But you need the required badge for the HM to work.

Years
The level doesn't actually matter unless it's been traded to you. But if you knew anything about the layout of the Advance Games, is that Mew and I think Deoxys, will not listen to you unless you get them through the proper ways, or look for a way around it;).

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Is it possible to give a Pokémon with a specific move? So, giving the player a LV5 Charmander that knows Dragon Rage or something?

Years
hello the4x...

i've been resding your tutorial for a long time but...

the thing that i dont understand in scripting is setvars,addvar,copyvar,callasm

can u explain it to me...

thnx in advance...

What don't you understand about them?
Setvar assigns a designated value to a variable.
Addvar increases the value that is stored within a variable.
Copyvar Copies the value in one variable to another variable.
Callasm Calls an ASM function.

Perfect_Palkia_10

Ruler of Space
Years
Okay I'm editing Mr Briney but I can't recreate his script so I can change the directions we travel together and go to 1 or more towns
so can anyone help

Last edited:
Back