• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
(If only I had the Scripting Expertise that Wichu has...)
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to add a ring menu. I need to know what to replace Window_Base with i.e what is its equivalent in Pokemon essentials?
Here is the script if it helps.
Spoiler:

If you can't help me, could someone be kind enough to modify it so I can replace the existing menu script in Pokemon Essentials with it? (I assume its PokemonMenu?)

Edit: I figured out the Window_Base problem, its SpriteWindow_Base.

Edit2: New Problem, now I get this when I try entering the menu in-game. I replaced PokemonMenu with the above script.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Once again, could someone help me with it ?

I have another problem too, basically it's the fishing part, i didn't have sprites for my Main characters so i tried to draw the rod on the ones that came with the SK but it just doesn't work right (first it doesn't have transperency but that's my own fault cause i forgot to take it on photoshop.. as i know how to do it..) but the problem is, that when i press the Rod, even if he is looking at left (river or sea or something) the game uses the sprite of the fishing but he seems to look up, down, then left, and just weird stuff.

redx.png

Could someone help me sprite this two characters so it works well with the fishing ? I have been going around and around with this for somedays now and it's killing me..

Thank you once again

Im not 100% sure about this but I think it works like this. It goes down the first row of sprites then ends. Or Plays the first row then 1st in the 2nd one. Not sure but its something like that. Anyway Im not sure how to fix it 100% actually I dont really know how to fix it lol.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Im not 100% sure about this but I think it works like this. It goes down the first row of sprites then ends. Or Plays the first row then 1st in the 2nd one. Not sure but its something like that. Anyway Im not sure how to fix it 100% actually I dont really know how to fix it lol.

I tried but it doesn't seem to work like that for some reason : (

Could someone help me with it ? I am having huge problems with it..

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I tried but it doesn't seem to work like that for some reason : (

Could someone help me with it ? I am having huge problems with it..
The best thing to do is to copy the file with the fishing animation, mark each tile in a different way (say, number them), and then test it. The marks will help you determine which tile is used when. This is only a test file, so it doesn't matter if you scribble all over it.

Once you know that, put each appropriate tile in its right place.

The female fishing sprites you have don't look right anyway. They show the character walking while holding a rod, not standing still while casting it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Hi I was wondering If there is a way to change the way the start menu looks in this system. Also is there a way to change the way the battle selection looks. Ya know the "Fight" "Pokemon" "Item" "Run" options and the moves. I hope there is...so can someone tell me how if there is.

By the way I love the starter kit.

Maruno

Years
Hi I was wondering If there is a way to change the way the start menu looks in this system. Also is there a way to change the way the battle selection looks. Ya know the "Fight" "Pokemon" "Item" "Run" options and the moves. I hope there is...so can someone tell me how if there is.

By the way I love the starter kit.
Of course there is. After all, it was designed to be like that in the first place.

It is, however, very difficult to significantly change these things. Without knowing even vaguely what you want, all I can say is that it involves a lot of scripting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Whats the point of the command box picture in the picture folder for then. I edited it and it did nothing... But I guess i might have to learn to script then. Thanks anyway.;) Know any good places to learn?

Maruno

Years
Whats the point of the command box picture in the picture folder for then. I edited it and it did nothing... But I guess i might have to learn to script then. Thanks anyway.;) Know any good places to learn?
The command box is usable, just not by default. Look in PokeBattle_ActualScene, lines 1051 and 1052.

As for learning how to script, it's RGSS. Go Google it. And it helps to have a logical mind, because that's all programming is (note that logic =/= common sense).

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
When I open "Game" RMXP Project, it says:

Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTiles server.

What do I have to do?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
I was having the same problem when I installed it on my Laptop which uses Vista :D.

Wichu linked me to this thread and it worked fine, so give it a try.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165326&highlight=glitchfinder

When I open "Game" RMXP Project, it says:

Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTiles server.

What do I have to do?

You guys are running VISTA more than ikely RPGMXP was made for Windows XP. Needless to say that doesnt mean you can't use it. Go to your Program files folder after installing RPGMXP and in the ENTERBRAIN FOLDER there will be a folder titled RPGMXP open it. In that folder right clock the icon with the dragon on it that would normally launch RPGMXP. Click PROPERTIES then click the COMPATABILITY tab check the "Run this program in compatabilty mode for:" And from the drop down list select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Then at the bottom where it says privledge level click the "Run as Administraitor" button. Then click apply and Ok and there you go it should work now.

Hope I helped you =]

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
You guys are running VISTA more than ikely RPGMXP was made for Windows XP. Needless to say that doesnt mean you can't use it. Go to your Program files folder after installing RPGMXP and in the ENTERBRAIN FOLDER there will be a folder titled RPGMXP open it. In that folder right clock the icon with the dragon on it that would normally launch RPGMXP. Click PROPERTIES then click the COMPATABILITY tab check the "Run this program in compatabilty mode for:" And from the drop down list select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Then at the bottom where it says privledge level click the "Run as Administraitor" button. Then click apply and Ok and there you go it should work now.

Hope I helped you =]

Huh... yeah I already know this hence the link in my post linking him to the instructions on how to run it on Vista ;) thanks for repeating everything though

+1

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
How can I change the position of the text in the pokemon battles(the fight, item, etc.). What section of script and what line?

Thanks in advance.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Ive run into a minor graphical error of my own. I made cut and rocksmash animations. I changed the events so they would use the charsets for rocksmash and cut. I test em and it plays the animation before it asks if the player wants to use cut/rocksmash. What do I need to make my event page look like to make it play the animation if the player uses the HM move?

Also another problem again for the most part minor. I made a cave. It has the rain weather effect on inside the cave and IDK why there is no event portaining to rain anywhere near the cave. Help pleesh =]

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Also another problem again for the most part minor. I made a cave. It has the rain weather effect on inside the cave and IDK why there is no event portaining to rain anywhere near the cave. Help pleesh =]

I can answer this.

You need to edit the metadata. It happens sometimes, like it makes it sandstorm in my house >_<

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I can answer this.

You need to edit the metadata. It happens sometimes, like it makes it sandstorm in my house >_<

You can manually edit the metdata, or you can open the editor.exe in your project folder, then navigate to the metdata section and edit that map to be an indoor map.
*if that was what you meant BlazingLink, sorry for repeating it :)*

Maruno

Years
Ive run into a minor graphical error of my own. I made cut and rocksmash animations. I changed the events so they would use the charsets for rocksmash and cut. I test em and it plays the animation before it asks if the player wants to use cut/rocksmash. What do I need to make my event page look like to make it play the animation if the player uses the HM move?
What kind of animation? A sprite that shows the bits of rock/tree flying all over the place? Or a sprite that shows slashing going on?

This is the default code for a rock you can smash.
Code:
@>Conditional Branch: Kernel.pbRockSmash
  @>Script: pbEraseThisEvent
  @>Script: Kernel.pbRockSmashRandomEncounter
 : Else
  @>
 : Branch End
@>
The Kernel.pbRock Smash decides whether you're going to smash it, and if yes, it erases the event and may spawn a random encounter.

However, you want the rock to explode (I'm assuming), rather than simply vanish. What you need to do is set a route. One of the options in route setting is the ability to change the graphic.

I'm entirely guessing at most of this in the following example, but the basic premise is sound.

Code:
  @>Set Move Route: This event
   :              : $>Graphic: "rocksmash",0,2,0
   :              : $>Wait: 4 frame(s)
   :              : $>Turn left
   :              : $>Turn right
   :              : $>Turn up
  @>Wait for Move's Completion
  @>
@>
When you change to a different graphic, change to the first frame of the animation (I'm assuming it's "down" here, corresponding to the "2" in that line - change as necessary). Then, between each direction change, make sure you wait a few frames, otherwise it won't wait at all (and the whole thing will be over in 0.2 seconds, which is way too fast) - I'm guessing at 4 frames; again, change as you see fit.

Finally, the "Wait for Move's Completion" is something you should be throwing all over the place. You want to make sure all the animation is complete first before you erase the event.

Note also that you're not limited to 4 animation frames. If you have more, just change the graphic again to the next frame along and keep going.

The above is entirely an intuitive guess based on what very little scripting I've done. I'm very intuitive, though, so I'm betting this works.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
What kind of animation? A sprite that shows the bits of rock/tree flying all over the place? Or a sprite that shows slashing going on?

This is the default code for a rock you can smash.
Code:
  @>
@>
The Kernel.pbRock Smash decides whether you're going to smash it, and if yes, it erases the event and may spawn a random encounter.

However, you want the rock to explode (I'm assuming), rather than simply vanish. What you need to do is set a route. One of the options in route setting is the ability to change the graphic.

I'm entirely guessing at most of this in the following example, but the basic premise is sound.

Code:
  @>Set Move Route: This event
   :              : $>Graphic: "rocksmash",0,2,0
   :              : $>Turn left
   :              : $>Turn right
   :              : $>Turn up
  @>Wait for Move's Completion
  @>
@>
When you change to a different graphic, change to the first frame of the animation (I'm assuming it's "down" here, corresponding to the "2" in that line - change as necessary). Then, between each direction change, make sure you wait a few frames, otherwise it won't wait at all (and the whole thing will be over in 0.2 seconds, which is way too fast) - I'm guessing at 4 frames; again, change as you see fit.

Finally, the "Wait for Move's Completion" is something you should be throwing all over the place. You want to make sure all the animation is complete first before you erase the event.

Note also that you're not limited to 4 animation frames. If you have more, just change the graphic again to the next frame along and keep going.

The above is entirely an intuitive guess based on what very little scripting I've done. I'm very intuitive, though, so I'm betting this works.
That probably wouldn't work as you are setting a conditional branch to start the event if this script is currently being used. It, however, isn't.

Edit: Never-mind me, I didn't read properly. I made a system however that plays animations (only for fly currently) using scripts and common events. I don't intend to release it publicly though as it is part of Pokemon Blue Chrome.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011

Can someone help me with the sprites ? I have been trying and trying but just can't make it work :( Plus i don't know how to sprite..

errop.jpg

For some reason.. when i walk by ALL my chars they don't notice me unless i talk with them, but i have the exact same script for chars inside gyms (not gym leaders..) and they notice me..

What is wrong ?
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9036/errop.jpg

Maruno

Years
That probably wouldn't work as you are setting a conditional branch to start the event if this script is currently being used. It, however, isn't.

Edit: Never-mind me, I didn't read properly. I made a system however that plays animations (only for fly currently) using scripts and common events. I don't intend to release it publicly though as it is part of Pokemon Blue Chrome.
But did it work or not? It helps to have closure.

Can someone help me with the sprites ? I have been trying and trying but just can't make it work :( Plus i don't know how to sprite..

For some reason.. when i walk by ALL my chars they don't notice me unless i talk with them, but i have the exact same script for chars inside gyms (not gym leaders..) and they notice me..

What is wrong ?
The trigger needs to be "Event Touch", not "Action Button".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back