• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Just a little something I did because I was bored:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • :( Nobody commented on my post earlier...

I've just started spriting.. I had some help from a friend on the Ponyta and Absol, and from there I just went on my own. I realize on a couple the outlines are weird, but no matter what I try, when I open a pic from the internet onto my computer, it ends up with a black wallpaper (like everything around it is black) and it sometimes is the same color as parts of the outline. Well, here they are:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Normally, i'd just ignore recolors, but that ponyta and rapidash look so damn cool.

Years
  • Hehe, I wanted to start my own Thread, but I havn't got enough sprites so far. This is a silly one I did today for my Avatar.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Hehe, I wanted to start my own Thread, but I havn't got enough sprites so far. This is a silly one I did today for my Avatar.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    While the shading and outline need work (parts of the outline should be a different shade), it looks adequate enough as an avatar.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Hehe, I wanted to start my own Thread, but I havn't got enough sprites so far. This is a silly one I did today for my Avatar.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    whee! Goru loli desu ka?!?! 8D! <3
    its an awesome concept X3!!
    but da, like tsk said, needs some mroe on the outline... try just fixing it wiht black before adding some darker shades on the sprites to highlight some parts of the sprite (ah i hope you undertsand what i mean by that XD' heehee!)
    and yeah... if i was you, id probably extract the palette and start the shading over beacsue its such a complicated and detailed sprite. and youve used blck.. *shudder* i hate spriting with black, so good luck with that~
    hope to see a sprite thead soon :3!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Because I've been a spriter for three years and I've never made an effing re-element before.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Hell yeah.

~Chibi~
    That thing rocks! Except the flames are too big compared to where they come.
    And I made a fakemon, mostly ust to practise shading and outlines, so here it is, rate it.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • Well...the shading is good.

This is my first attempt at spriting:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Feel free to be brutal with your comments/critisms, I probably won't take it personally and murder you. :D

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • That thing rocks! Except the flames are too big compared to where they come.
    And I made a fakemon, mostly ust to practise shading and outlines, so here it is, rate it.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Nah sorry, the shading aint that good. You should do some real life studies.
    Find out that a ball like form ain't lit like that.
    I could make an edit if you want.

Anyway here is one of my latest things:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Opacus: That's awesome! I wish I could get someone as good as you to help with my game...

Anyway, are you going to use it for anything? Or is it just for fun?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • After I woke up @ about 2:00 PM, I could not go back to sleep. I was bored, so it was either draw, play my Pearl Version, watch TV, or build a deck of cards... I did all that except play my Pearl Version. When I went to draw, I had to think for a little while what I was wanting to draw. I eventually settled on Manaphy. After I finished drawing the Manaphy picture, I admired it and thought that it would make a neat sprite. I scanned it into my computer, shrunk it, flipped it around, and began setting on the pixels. I wasn't paying attention to the time, so I don't know how long I spent on it, but here is the result: a GBA compatible Manaphy sprite (override Lanturn).

*ATTACHED*

Not my best sprite, but it works! Feel free to use if for your own purposes (like in your fan games or comics), but give me credit, please.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Nice work, it looks like its suprised. It looks great, and the shading and outline is good, but the expression on it's face is a little weird.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Two avatars with fusions that I made on them. Use them if you wish. I'm a begginer, so I need the C&C.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
  • Cy's Sprites (Hacking Resources)

Hi guys!

I decided to make some random sprites (well... Electivire), and I figured this is the best place to put it.

I've done one version designed for Gen-3, and one designed for Gen-2, enjoy!

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Silver Destiny

Making Pokemon MMORPG
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    cool those are nice..but i think the antenna on
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    on the right side is too long and i think the left and right side should be even.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You need at least 4 examples for your own thread, otherwise you post in the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

SaturnGrl

Super Sprite Splicer
    Years
  • I dunno why my Sprite thread was closed, but in case anyone wishes to view my Spliced Sprites, I have put them in an album in my profile. You can easilly access it through the link in my Signature as well.

Keep in mind, the sprites are Free to View, but not Free to Use!
    If you see anyone hosting, using, or claiming my sprites, please notify me ASAP so that I may deal with them personally.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    After I woke up @ about 2:00 PM, I could not go back to sleep. I was bored, so it was either draw, play my Pearl Version, watch TV, or build a deck of cards... I did all that except play my Pearl Version. When I went to draw, I had to think for a little while what I was wanting to draw. I eventually settled on Manaphy. After I finished drawing the Manaphy picture, I admired it and thought that it would make a neat sprite. I scanned it into my computer, shrunk it, flipped it around, and began setting on the pixels. I wasn't paying attention to the time, so I don't know how long I spent on it, but here is the result: a GBA compatible Manaphy sprite (override Lanturn).

*ATTACHED*

Not my best sprite, but it works! Feel free to use if for your own purposes (like in your fan games or comics), but give me credit, please.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    It doesn't really look all that like a Manaphy :/ Head is too circular, the bulbs at the ends of it's ... antennae are too small, and so on. There are other things I could pick out, but I'll stop, haha. The shading is good though, pretty much perfect.
    Nice work, it looks like its suprised. It looks great, and the shading and outline is good, but the expression on it's face is a little weird.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Two avatars with fusions that I made on them. Use them if you wish. I'm a begginer, so I need the C&C.
    While they look fine, you should really challenge yourself more next, since all you did was add something to a blob.
    Hi guys!

I decided to make some random sprites (well... Electivire), and I figured this is the best place to put it.

I've done one version designed for Gen-3, and one designed for Gen-2, enjoy!

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Pokemon sprites never (if just barely ever), directly face the screen. Your sprites look good anatomically, but from there they go downhill in terms of shading and are in no way matching the generation style that they're supposed to. Your Electivire looks like it has a giant light pointed at it, and your Smoochum ... well, it has a flat face. If you're willing to fix these up, the easiest thing to do is grab some gen-3 sprites (Electabuzz and Smoochum would be most suitable), and try to copy the shading. You should probably use their colours as well.

Your gen-2 sprites are pretty much the same, but with less colours :/ Speaking of which, your Electivire has two colours too many.
    I dunno why my Sprite thread was closed, but in case anyone wishes to view my Spliced Sprites, I have put them in an album in my profile. You can easilly access it through the link in my Signature as well.

Keep in mind, the sprites are Free to View, but not Free to Use!
    If you see anyone hosting, using, or claiming my sprites, please notify me ASAP so that I may deal with them personally.
    It was closed since it was revived after 30 days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back