• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Can anyone give me a detailed explanation as in where i create the player you play with.. idk why but i cant find it out rofl.. ??
BTW don't get to angry when you read this cos this is my third day using RPG maker xp, besides mapping with it for a while..

Last edited:
Years
When I try to playtest my game, i get this erro.

before this, it says that map 6, or map 4 or something can't be found. Thing is, all i have is map 1 and mpa 2.

This is the error message.

It comes after i click "NEW GAME"

---------------------------
Pokemon Berlitz Version
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'

PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'

PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

just reposting my frustrating problem. please help!! :(

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I've got a problem. I've found some really great HGSS tilesets for use in one of my games, but RMXP doesn't see them. I tried putting them in the tileset folder and hitting import in RMXP, but that didn't work. What else could I do to make them visible? Apparently I'm the only one with this problem, as I haven't seen any other threads related to this at all.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I've got a problem. I've found some really great HGSS tilesets for use in one of my games, but RMXP doesn't see them. I tried putting them in the tileset folder and hitting import in RMXP, but that didn't work. What else could I do to make them visible? Apparently I'm the only one with this problem, as I haven't seen any other threads related to this at all.
Once you import them, make sure to edit them on the Database.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Thanks, found my problem. I forgot to change the tileset to the HGSS style.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
does anyone know, if and where, i can find, all the bw animated pokemon? thx.
flamemaster~

Years
Umm dosen't Spriters resource have animated Pokemon??

For some reason when i play test my game.. in certain spots of my game you cant walk on.. even without a tile even being there... and ive checked the terrain tags... etc etc... everythings right..? is this just a bug and how do i fix it?

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Spriter's Resources only provide sprite sheets. None of their sprites are ever animated. This can do well for some people, but it seems the page there has their things going in parts, so that might be pretty annoying to manually compile yourself...

Hmm, that's quite a conundrum ~

Have you checked the tiles' passages?

Spoiler:

Since you're on Test Play, you can also pass over any tile and wild encounter by holding the Ctrl Key. I know this won't fix your solution, but if you're at a loss and you absolutely need to continue, then that'll do fine.

Not sure what else can cause this, mate. o.O I wouldn't think you're tampering with the default stuff, so maybe a screenshot of the area in question? (You can tell us which parts are inaccessible to you).

Years
haha dw... thanks for your help but.. i worked it out. i just re did the hole map and it worked.. i think it was just a bug.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Can anyone explain how to insert animated tiles into a tileset? I'm confused. D: It's not an autotile, just a regular one.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
You can't insert animated tiles into a tileset, you'd either have to put it into an autotile, or a charset and animate it through a move route.

Years
Hey, is there any way to make a event touch event, stay running even when you leave and re enter the room?? because if i run it as a auto run the game freezes... any suggestions??

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I don't how to display the sprites of the sprites of the 3 Hoenn Starters. I'm trying to make them as the starters for my game, but I dunno how to make them display when I run the game, simultaneously with the text.

Also, I'm getting and exception error everytime I make a transition to a different map. I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it as well.

Years
I don't how to display the sprites of the sprites of the 3 Hoenn Starters. I'm trying to make them as the starters for my game, but I dunno how to make them display when I run the game, simultaneously with the text.

Also, I'm getting and exception error everytime I make a transition to a different map. I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it as well.

So you want the over world sprites to show?? or do you want the picture to come up of them when you click the poke-ball for e.g?

Also that error you are getting is because.. you don't have a existing character when you play test.. you need to play as someone when walking through transfer events for it to transfer you to somewhere else otherwise you will keep getting this error...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The number of Essentials-related questions in this thread recently is ridiculous. Can a mod change this thread's name to "General game making help (no Essentials questions)" or something?

Hey, is there any way to make a event touch event, stay running even when you leave and re enter the room?? because if i run it as a auto run the game freezes... any suggestions??
What exactly do you want to do, though? What you said is quite vague, and there are probably several ways to do what you want depending on what exactly that is.

Pikα22

<BW GBC?
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2013
Ok, i have a good idea of how to use this, but i have a question: Does anyone have bases for the RPGXP Sprites? So I can make my own in the RPGXP style?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
The number of Essentials-related questions in this thread recently is ridiculous. Can a mod change this thread's name to "General game making help (no Essentials questions)" or something?

Agreed, thats why i tend to avoid this thread. unlikely to be able to answer the flood of essential questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back