• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Tileset size

I have noticed in rom hacking they are 16x16 and in rmxp and rmvx they are 32x32

i have also noticed most of the tiles around here are 16x16 do you guys resize them or redraw them before you use them in rmxp

sorry im a beginner guys

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I have noticed in rom hacking they are 16x16 and in rmxp and rmvx they are 32x32

i have also noticed most of the tiles around here are 16x16 do you guys resize them or redraw them before you use them in rmxp

sorry im a beginner guys

We resize them. If you dont know what to resize them to, its by 200%

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    hey, i havent actually been around for a long while so i just need to ask a few questions where can i get the newest pokemon essentials or anything that might've replaced essentials ... is it still on proccil's site the newest one ? also are there any tnew tilesets and scripts etc. that i might need tto knw about to restrart ??

thanks

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to alter a script for imputting names. Currently the script I have does it through a menu, and I have seen other games where the player types in the name. Does anyone know how?

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to alter a script for imputting names. Currently the script I have does it through a menu, and I have seen other games where the player types in the name. Does anyone know how?

pbTrainerName handles the input of the name.
    You could search for ways to alter it within the code.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    Is there a way to change the Main Sprite mid-game like.. during an event? :D

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Online now
    The number of Essentials-related questions in this thread recently is ridiculous. Can a mod change this thread's name to "General game making help (no Essentials questions)" or something?
    I also agree.

Is there a way to change the Main Sprite mid-game like.. during an event? :D
    For RPG Maker XP go in event command "Change Actor Graphic"

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • So i figured out the typing thing, now I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to show text outside of the text box. for example

In the beginning of my game, you answer questions and your answers show up on the screen. Is there a way to have your response to the question show up on the screen without it being an image?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    I've found out the change sprite feature.

My save doesn't seem to want to work, Has there been any bug within Pokemon Essentials.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
    Years
  • With the Pokemon essentials Ds thing i keep getting a message when you finish the project by compressing it. well i get errors reports. and when i start a new game and finnish it, it works and with the Pokemon Essentials the gba one works. I don't know what to do i want to release a demo and it does not finish.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've found out the change sprite feature.

My save doesn't seem to want to work, Has there been any bug within Pokemon Essentials.

With the Pokemon essentials Ds thing i keep getting a message when you finish the project by compressing it. well i get errors reports. and when i start a new game and finnish it, it works and with the Pokemon Essentials the gba one works. I don't know what to do i want to release a demo and it does not finish.
    Don't you two think that perhaps these aren't "general game making" questions? Aren't they Essentials/Essentials DS questions instead? Go ask in the threads made specifically for those kits.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2014
    on (press) {

//Movieclip GotoAndStop Behavior
    this.parent.pokemoncaughteasy.nextFrame();;
    //End Behavior

//unload Movie Behavior
    if(this == Number(this)){
    unloadMovieNum(this);
    } else {
    this.unloadMovie();
    }
    //End Behavior

}

The nextFrame command isn't working, can someone please help? I've changed between instance name and I've changed between this.parent and parent and nothing seems to be working. Can somebody please help?

Magicsaur

Code Hero
    Years
  • The nextFrame command isn't working, can someone please help? I've changed between instance name and I've changed between this.parent and parent and nothing seems to be working. Can somebody please help?

it looks like you're using Actionscript? actionscript 2? and you are trying to get to the next frame of the pokemon's animation? If you can clarify please, I can help you. C:

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2014
    it looks like you're using Actionscript? actionscript 2? and you are trying to get to the next frame of the pokemon's animation? If you can clarify please, I can help you. C:
    Actionscript 2.

What's supposed to happen is that when you click on a Pokémon, the score goes up by one. In this case, it's supposed to make the score's frame go up by one, like this:
    FRAME 1 "0/151"
    -nextframe command-
    FRAME 2 "1/151"

What's happening is the nextFrame command won't respond. I need it to unload the movieclip, then do nextFrame. That way you can't win by clicking a Caterpie 151 times.

But if the is no nextFrame, then you can't win even if you captured all the Pokémon.

Magicsaur

Code Hero
    Years
  • Actionscript 2.

What's supposed to happen is that when you click on a Pokémon, the score goes up by one. In this case, it's supposed to make the score's frame go up by one, like this:
    FRAME 1 "0/151"
    -nextframe command-
    FRAME 2 "1/151"

What's happening is the nextFrame command won't respond. I need it to unload the movieclip, then do nextFrame. That way you can't win by clicking a Caterpie 151 times.

But if the is no nextFrame, then you can't win even if you captured all the Pokémon.
    It's been a long time since I've written AS2, but you could possibly try this.
    Code:
    totalScore = 0; //variable used to keep track of your current score
    on (press) {
    totalScore+=1;
    this.parent.pokemoncaughteasy.gotoAndStop(totalScore);

//unload Movie Behavior
         if(this == Number(this)){
             unloadMovieNum(this);
         } else {
             this.unloadMovie();
         }
         //End Behavior