• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Rapid or Single Strike

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Do you go to tower of darkness or water to evolve your kubfu? There is 2 forms with different typing and distinguishable special moves designed for them or which strike do you choose for it to evolve .

Years
  • I did both 😇

First I did the Single Strike form and tried it a bit.
    Then did the Rapid strike form on my other game and tried it a bit. Kinda prefer this one.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The only time I have used Urshifu so far had it be Single strike. Maybe I'll use the sea bear another time, but I'm not sure.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I went with Rapid when I did the DLC. Not having a 4x weakness like Single does plus having a multi-hit guaranteed crit move and being one of literally the only two Water/Fighting Pokemon in existence was much more appealing to me.

Ironically, the idea behind Single Strike Urshifu (defeating your enemies with as few blows as possible) is more my speed when it comes to combat in general.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    If I remember correctly I went with Rapid Strike just because I wanted a Fighting / Water type.

Back