• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Shiny hunting

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Since there's no cut in transition before battling, it's hard to say? Maybe they'll just be shiny in the overworld like in lgpe.

Years
  • I'd love to have overworld shinies like in LGPE, that seemed fun to me... though there is also something incredibly appealing about using the Poké Radar to chain wild encounters and seeing that sparkly patch of grass. Nothing has ever been able to replicate that excitement for me when I chained for them back in DPPt. Really hope it makes it back!

Years
  • I'd hope they just look shiny in the overworld as mentioned. I think it will be easy to know I'd think.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Yeah been able to tell if a Pokémon was shiny was a really good idea

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    having the overworld sprites be shiny would definitely make it super exciting to see one "in the wild", and would be pretty immersive I think. Kind of like spotting an albino/melanistic animal in the wild.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wouldn't make sense to have it suddenly change color once you start battling, and I doubt they'd restrict shinies to special events considering how popular shiny hunting is, so I think the random encounters in the overworld will indeed need to look shiny at all times if they are shiny c:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Overworld shinies would be great.
    I always wonder how many overworld pokemon I ignore in Sw/Sh are actually shiny.....
    seemed like a step back to me after having them in LGPE, it's also odd that they made it so shiny legendary pokemon don't appear as shiny in battle in dynamax adventures.
    also, i wish they would make it so shiny pokemon have different colored eggs then normal pokemon with a ability to release eggs

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm really hoping for overworld shinies. It makes the game more fun, but doable as well since not everyone has time to harvest eggs/battle Pokemon for hours at a time. I like the idea of shinies being rare, but not almost unobtainable without the significant amount of work. I'm excited to see what they do, though!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I'm really hoping for overworld shinies. It makes the game more fun, but doable as well since not everyone has time to harvest eggs/battle Pokemon for hours at a time. I like the idea of shinies being rare, but not almost unobtainable without the significant amount of work. I'm excited to see what they do, though!
    it was great being able to see the Shiny Pokémon in let's go so sad there never did it for the main game I wonder how many shiny Pokémon I walked past

Years
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    it was great being able to see the Shiny Pokémon in let's go so sad there never did it for the main game I wonder how many shiny Pokémon I walked past

Louise90, I agree! It always crosses my mind if the Pokemon I avoided was actually a shiny ;___; Although, I have had the issue in LGPE where I saw a shiny, and then it despawned before I could get to it... my heart, oh my heart.

Years
  • Really got me thinking more on this. I do think being able to see the shiny mons is still going to be what I'd hope they do for this. Maybe they may also just say shiny mons don't exist yet during this games plot if they just don't want to add it in Legends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Overworld shinies would be great, kind of how it worked in Let's Go. The sparkley animation around the Pokemon would help a lot for the shiny Pokemon that look similar to the non-shiny form.

Back