• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Empyrean [v1.1] (~! Final Arc Released !~)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hey!

Great game so far! I have to say I'm really enjoying a lot of the small details that give it a polished feel, like the battle backgrounds and the mapping design. Just a couple questions: where can I find the Bird Garden and the Good Rod? I'd like to add a Torchic and Starmie to my team.

I'm up to Empral Town btw and playing through Empral Factory.

Hey, thanks a lot! :)
    Bird Garden's entrance is on Route 104, where the healing lady is. Good Rod can be obtained in Mesmer Town (mountain town, where the 5th gym is). Now that you mentioned it, I'll consider making Staryu obtainable earlier in the game in the next version.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2019
    i haven't evolved him yet but i got a shiny om zubat and the sprites don't have a difference in color has shiny sprites been added to regional variants yet?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2018
    Hey I got a quick question. When will the Patch come that you can go through Route 107?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hey I got a quick question. When will the Patch come that you can go through Route 107?

For info on release date of the next version, check out the Roadmap section in the first post. But to answer it here also; It'll be out sometime during the first week of October. Perhaps even as early as 1st of October, as almost everything's done for v0.6.

i love your game a lot
    i just beat second gym my charjabug is lvl 28 how i can evolve it?

Thanks! :)
    In the current version you're playing, it'll evolve on level 32.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Hey, thanks a lot! :)
    Bird Garden's entrance is on Route 104, where the healing lady is. Good Rod can be obtained in Mesmer Town (mountain town, where the 5th gym is). Now that you mentioned it, I'll consider making Staryu obtainable earlier in the game in the next version.

Thanks for the info! Up to the end of the demo now, really have to say great work on all the lore so far!

Also, I caught some of the new fakemons, but can't seem to get Wispaur or its evolution to learn any TMs besides Hidden Power. Is this normal, or will their learnsets be expanded in the next update? Kinda hoping that Wispaur gets a Fire type move because of its Pokedex entry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Thanks for the info! Up to the end of the demo now, really have to say great work on all the lore so far!

Also, I caught some of the new fakemons, but can't seem to get Wispaur or its evolution to learn any TMs besides Hidden Power. Is this normal, or will their learnsets be expanded in the next update? Kinda hoping that Wispaur gets a Fire type move because of its Pokedex entry.

Thanks! Glad you liked it so far :)

I'll expand the TM learnsets for Wispaur line in the next update, yes. You'll be able to teach Flamethrower at the very least, and Wiseraph (final evolution, coming in v0.6) will be able to learn most of the elemental TMs (thunderbolt, ice beam, flamethrower)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    For info on release date of the next version, check out the Roadmap section in the first post. But to answer it here also; It'll be out sometime during the first week of October. Perhaps even as early as 1st of October, as almost everything's done for v0.6.

Thanks! :)
    In the current version you're playing, it'll evolve on level 32.

ty for helping but one more question pls can you tell me the level curve of each gym?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    ty for helping but one more question pls can you tell me the level curve of each gym?

If you're referring to the levels of Pokemon each gym captain has, they are:
    Spoiler:

Or if you mean what's the level cap your Pokemon will obey you, after each defeated gym, it's:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    If you're referring to the levels of Pokemon each gym captain has, they are:
    Spoiler:

Or if you mean what's the level cap your Pokemon will obey you, after each defeated gym, it's:
    Spoiler:
    how after i beat 4th gym pokemon will obey me till 55 and 5th gym leader pokemons will reach 60
    with that i will lose easilt to him

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    You should be fine with a team of six Pokemon close to lvl 55.

well but sorry for that cause it's the worst thing i see in game ever
    you should take out lvl cap or make it higher than gym leader's pokemons
    this is my opinion
    and sorry for all these questions

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    well but sorry for that cause it's the worst thing i see in game ever
    you should take out lvl cap or make it higher than gym leader's pokemons
    this is my opinion
    and sorry for all these questions

I understand your concern, and it makes sense to have Gyms have levels lower than the cap, as this is done often in the official games, and makes the game easier. However, this is my thought process on the matter:

* The AI in the game is not super smart, so higher levels act as a compensation

* Just taking levels into account, you can't know for sure that the fight will be too difficult. Some people won unwinnable fights in the game with NPCs that had lvl 80-90 teams, while they had a team of 40-50 lvl Pokemon. You should try to fight in the gym first, then see if that's too difficult or not.

* In the official games, the gyms and fights have become increasingly easy over the generations. I'd like to try to have the player have some challenge instead of just blazing through the game and try to think of a strategy and/or a team that can overcome this challenge. What I'm doing is far less difficult than some fan games out there anyways (e.g. Reborn, Rejuvenation)

* Everyone is playing the game on the same difficulty, and I'm updating the game difficulty level according to the general sentiment of the people who have commented, taking into consideration that I still want some of the fights to remain difficult, so if I notice that a lot of people complain about a certain part in the game being too difficult, I'll work on making that part more manageable. With that said, there have been very little complaints in regards to gyms so far, so I don't believe I'll be changing that aspect of the game.

Of course, you are free to have your opinion on the matter, and I'll take that into consideration, and maybe have a difficulty mode in the future that could solve this problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    I understand your concern, and it makes sense to have Gyms have levels lower than the cap, as this is done often in the official games, and makes the game easier. However, this is my thought process on the matter:

* Just taking levels into account, you can't know for sure that the fight will be too difficult. Some people won unwinnable fights in the game with NPCs that had lvl 80-90 teams, while they had a team of 40-50 lvl Pokemon. You should try to fight in the gym first, then see if that's too difficult or not.

* In the official games, the gyms and fights have become increasingly easy over the generations. I'd like to try to have the player have some challenge instead of just blazing through the game and try to think of a strategy and/or a team that can overcome this challenge. What I'm doing is far less difficult than some fan games out there anyways (e.g. Reborn, Rejuvenation)

* Everyone is playing the game on the same difficulty, and I'm updating the game difficulty level according to the general sentiment of the people who have commented, taking into consideration that I still want some of the fights to remain difficult, so if I notice that a lot of people complain about a certain part in the game being too difficult, I'll work on making that part more manageable. With that said, there have been very little complaints in regards to gyms so far, so I don't believe I'll be changing that aspect of the game.

Of course, you are free to have your opinion on the matter, and I'll take that into consideration, and maybe have a difficulty mode in the future that could solve this problem.[/Q

i respect what you said of the game cause it's your game and what you think you can do
    and i love the idea of difficult modes i hope you do that in future

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019

Of course, you are free to have your opinion on the matter, and I'll take that into consideration, and maybe have a difficulty mode in the future that could solve this problem.[/Q

(i respect what you said of the game cause it's your game and what you think you can do
    and i love the idea of difficult modes i hope you do that in future )

Urrr

Devil's Advocate
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021

Of course, you are free to have your opinion on the matter, and I'll take that into consideration, and maybe have a difficulty mode in the future that could solve this problem.

On this point, to give a different persepective:

1. I would not say that the game is too diffucult, even if we are not talking about gym leaders specifically. They have also been manageable. All I can say is that even I with a team of only Dark and Bug Pokemon could do every fight so far. So its fine.

1.1. Of course if in the future the game becomes so diffcult that it is jarring to play with a serious team, then a line has to be drawn. In my mind, if you can not beat a fight in the game with a randomly selected team of fully-leveled, fully-evolved Pokemon even thou you try as hard as you can, than the fight is too hard. Restricting a player to have either more than 6 fully-leveled pokemon or not being able to use certain pokemon because they are to weak is simply not fun.

2. I agree that the games in the last several years have been to easy. But that's why we are here. On the other hand of the spectrum, games like "Reborn" or "Rejuvenation" are a different type of "bad". There are clearly peole who like these types of games. But at some point, as I said in 1.1., difficult becomes unfun. And for me and many people the two above games fall into that.

3, So far, I think the difficulty of the game has been just right. Should that change in the future, you will hear about it.

Best Wishes
    Urr

PS: I really hope you have made good progress regarding the next update. I cant wait^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    On this point, to give a different persepective:

1. I would not say that the game is too diffucult, even if we are not talking about gym leaders specifically. They have also been manageable. All I can say is that even I with a team of only Dark and Bug Pokemon could do every fight so far. So its fine.

1.1. Of course if in the future the game becomes so diffcult that it is jarring to play with a serious team, then a line has to be drawn. In my mind, if you can not beat a fight in the game with a randomly selected team of fully-leveled, fully-evolved Pokemon even thou you try as hard as you can, than the fight is too hard. Restricting a player to have either more than 6 fully-leveled pokemon or not being able to use certain pokemon because they are to weak is simply not fun.

2. I agree that the games in the last several years have been to easy. But that's why we are here. On the other hand of the spectrum, games like "Reborn" or "Rejuvenation" are a different type of "bad". There are clearly peole who like these types of games. But at some point, as I said in 1.1., difficult becomes unfun. And for me and many people the two above games fall into that.

3, So far, I think the difficulty of the game has been just right. Should that change in the future, you will hear about it.

Best Wishes
    Urr

PS: I really hope you have made good progress regarding the next update. I cant wait^^

Fair points, I agree that at some point difficulty becomes unfun and I certainly want to avoid that. There is, however, satisfaction in winning a really tough fight, and perhaps I've been influenced by fights in games like Reborn. but of course, I'm not striving to be on that difficulty level because I too think that's a bit too much :D

Interesting thing you mentioned, allowing player to have more than 6 pokemon could also be an option. I was considering introducing an item into the game that would allow you to "tag out" a Pokemon, and switch it with a Pokemon in the PC during battle (let's say, you would have to select 3 Pokemon from the PC in advance that would be able to be tagged out, in that case).

Another thing I haven't taken into consideration, which I also agree with, is that if someone wants to use a certain Pokemon they like in their team and they can't because it's too weak, and the game is too difficult for you to be using that Pokemon, that's also a problem, and it could probably be solved by introducing a difficulty option to the game. I'll have to think about that a little bit.

p.s.
    v0.6 is feature complete and currently in testing :) It will be out 1st of October.

Urrr

Devil's Advocate
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    Fair points, I agree that at some point difficulty becomes unfun and I certainly want to avoid that. There is, however, satisfaction in winning a really tough fight, and perhaps I've been influenced by fights in games like Reborn. but of course, I'm not striving to be on that difficulty level because I too think that's a bit too much :D

Interesting thing you mentioned, allowing player to have more than 6 pokemon could also be an option. I was considering introducing an item into the game that would allow you to "tag out" a Pokemon, and switch it with a Pokemon in the PC during battle (let's say, you would have to select 3 Pokemon from the PC in advance that would be able to be tagged out, in that case).

Another thing I haven't taken into consideration, which I also agree with, is that if someone wants to use a certain Pokemon they like in their team and they can't because it's too weak, and the game is too difficult for you to be using that Pokemon, that's also a problem, and it could probably be solved by introducing a difficulty option to the game. I'll have to think about that a little bit.

p.s.
    v0.6 is feature complete and currently in testing :) It will be out 1st of October.

Good, good. The fact that you think about these things means we have already dodged the worst case scenario :P

Regarding tagging out pokemon or similar; I only fear that, with the need to level youd pokemon as high as possible, leveling more than 6 (and in your example 9) pokemon become too much of a grind.

On that note, because I always wondered that, why dont you, or anyone for that matter, not simply replace the obedience cap with a (variable) EP-reduction? It is simply frustrating to have to constantly look that you dont go over a certain level, otherwise you will have to reverse it (which is sometimes impossible).

Example: If, say, you want a max level of 55 at the 5 gym, you could make it so that if a pokemon reaches level 55, its EP income becomes very low, so low in fact, that it is nearly impossible to level up. That way, you can still have your level-cap without punishing the player for something he didnt have control over. You could go even further and make pokemon of a higher level "immune" to Rare Candys.

This could be taken even further and instead of having a hard level cap, you make it so that the EP a pokemon gets get lower as it approches and surpasses a certain level. It would signal a player that "Hey, why dont you level up you other pokemon as well, or continue with the story?".
    Of course these are all ideas, but I think they would help with immersion and gameplay at the same time.

Greetings
    Urr

PS: Thanks :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Good, good. The fact that you think about these things means we have already dodged the worst case scenario :P

Regarding tagging out pokemon or similar; I only fear that, with the need to level youd pokemon as high as possible, leveling more than 6 (and in your example 9) pokemon become too much of a grind.

On that note, because I always wondered that, why dont you, or anyone for that matter, not simply replace the obedience cap with a (variable) EP-reduction? It is simply frustrating to have to constantly look that you dont go over a certain level, otherwise you will have to reverse it (which is sometimes impossible).

Example: If, say, you want a max level of 55 at the 5 gym, you could make it so that if a pokemon reaches level 55, its EP income becomes very low, so low in fact, that it is nearly impossible to level up. That way, you can still have your level-cap without punishing the player for something he didnt have control over. You could go even further and make pokemon of a higher level "immune" to Rare Candys.

This could be taken even further and instead of having a hard level cap, you make it so that the EP a pokemon gets get lower as it approches and surpasses a certain level. It would signal a player that "Hey, why dont you level up you other pokemon as well, or continue with the story?".
    Of course these are all ideas, but I think they would help with immersion and gameplay at the same time.

Greetings
    Urr

PS: Thanks :D

That's a very nice idea actually, as it would prevent the problem of someone accidentally overleveling, while still keeping a (soft) level cap. I'll think about it, and see if maybe this could replace the obedience system in a future version :)

For tagging out, that's true, it would increase grinding by a significant amount, so I think I'll just stick to not making the game too difficult that it would require such a system to be implemented. Or if I do decide to have tagging out an option, perhaps a limit of 1 pokemon that can be tagged out will be OK.

Thanks for your input! :)

Back