• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Do you plan to complete the dex?

Years
Those of you who haven't completed the dex yet, do you plan to? If you have already, when did you complete it? (EXTRA) Do/did you do a living dex (get one of each Pokémon, including all evolution stages)?

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
Years
I'd love to complete the Dex, but unfortunately, I can't because of the Trade to Evolve Pokemon like (Alakazam, Gengar, Machamp etc). It's unfortunate that stuff like this still exists in the game and they can't just put some NPC in the game to evolve it, it's irritating to people like myself who just want to play solo.

It's going to be quite challenging to look for shiny Pokemon without the Shiny charm and relying on Catch Combos and Max Lures.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
eventually when i feel up to it. at least that's what i keep telling myself but i don't know when i'll actually bother to do so

pkmin3033

I did, because I don't generally consider a Pokemon game complete unless I do. Took me around 35 hours in total, I think? I didn't do a living dex because I honestly couldn't be bothered; it wasn't THAT fun, and chaining for hours to catch duplicates of rarer Pokemon with multiple evolutionary stages, then chaining MORE to level up them, sounded like a chore.

...excluding Mew and Meltan/Melmetal btw, because I don't have a smartphone for Pokemon Go and I flat-out refuse to buy into Nintendo's paywall.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I will because I'm fairly close to it already and have GO for any additional transfers needed. Not counting Mew because screw paying that much for the add-on, and Melmetal... maybe one day, not exactly fussed on it though.

I won't bother with the living dex however for this game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
Not really. I'm not gonna say I won't, but it looks unlikely due to my sister not wanting to buy either game (she said she'd rather save her money for an entirely new Pokemon game than buy a remake), and my brother saying he'd go with Let's Go Eevee to get the one that's a bit more different from Yellow.

I got Let's Go Eevee for Christmas, by the way. I don't forsee myself buying Let's Go Pikachu, since the game is fun, but not to the point to where I feel like I need both.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Actually yes, since I have the ability to trade this time.

It ultimately depends on how much time I have, or want to invest into this game.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
When i got the game i was like "yeah! Ill do it!" And i still want to but im still stuck on the trade evolution pokemon (gengar, machamp, golem and alakazam)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 28, 2019
Yes, I'm planning to complete the Pokedex but I think I'll have a hard time acquiring mew.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
Eevee player here and I actually have real ambitions to complete the Pokédex and need a Pikachu player who is in the same boat. Basically I need a swap day for version exclusives and trade evos. I have everything I need. Unfortunately I also need an Omanyte. I can get you Kabutops but I don't have Kabuto. Send me a pm if interested!

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Well I just need Mew & Melmetal...
I will never get Mew as I do not want to purchase the Pokeball (as I play this game handheld style) and I am currently working on Melmetal in GO

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
No, if Let's Go Johto comes out I may change my mind on this, but as it stands, unfortunately the game isn't interesting enough to me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I ended up completing it, with a bit of combo chaining on Chansey and a bit of Rare Candy usage, and some transferring from GO. :V If bank support is confirmed I will consider doing some chaining for Shinies, so at least there's that.

Back