• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey guys, Fire Wolf has abandoned the challenge, so he said I could run it.

Rules:
1) The challenge is over once you beat the elite four one time.
2) You may only use Pokemon of one type (or Pokemon that are the type once evolved), however dual type Pokemon are okay to use for either type (ex. Fire/Fighting Pokemon work if you are doing a Fire challenge or a Fighting challenge).
3) You may have HM Slaves in your party, but you cannot use them in battle unless they fall within your type.
4) You may use the starter if it satisfies rule 2, or until you get your first Pokemon of your type. Once you get your first Pokemon, you must stop using your starter, unless he falls within your type.
5) Your first Pokemon must be obtained before you get out of the Eterna Forest. If you cannot get a Pokemon before the Eterna Forest, you may trade one Pokemon from another game, but only if it is an egg or hatched, but level 5 or below.
6) You may only trade if you are satisfying rule 5 or if you are trying to evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trading (ex. Graveler and Syther).
7) You may not use Legendaries, even if they fall within your type. Note: Rotom doesn't count as a Legendary in my eyes.
8) More than one person can use the same type.
9) You may use an emulator, just play it like a regular game and don't cheat with it.
10) It's not a race. Have fun and play nice.
11) If you don't update progress within a month, I will move you from the "challengers" group to the "abandoned" group. So update often.

With that being said, I introduce you to the challengers. If you have a problem with where you are on the list, PM me and I will fix it as soon as I can.
Pikapal642 has been nice enough to make us userbars!!! Thanks, pikapal!
Userbars:
Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

ST4TIC SHOCK3R (Rock), graeme_turnbull, myrrhman (water), musemum626, Cardwell74 (ground), haxeray (poison)

Abandoned:

ConnoRAWR, AuraAshley, Callandor, Mattbob, Syked, Electricmudkip, Thoughts, Toxicroak, chaos11011, mondays suck, Harumi Fujyoshi, FreakyLocz14, Edin, Explosion, Foxnordic, Live In Color, Broadway, Destinyfate, Amore, xSeduction, Alternative, Rawr?, Dawn Rules, harkein, Ilixia, DarkAlucard, BenEary, Decibel, Polizard, Sora247_2009, perfectmonster, Fiach, kaki-sheimi, pikakip

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
hey mate good work on taking over i think ill go for a second run

like before ill take a type no-one is using atm

ill take flying might be challenge

on platinum (more options)

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
Years
well, i guess i'm doing steel. looks like i'll have use an emulator since i couldn't be bothered restarting Diamon or Platinum.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
all right, everyone's signed up!

Also, I ran through Candice easily. Gyarados one hit everything that wasn't her Sneasel, which Floatzel one hit with Focus Blast. Then, amazingly, I beat Volkner. So I went through victory road, and started suicide training. Right now, I am at Lucian, and there is no way for me to beat him. So sounds like time to start over with Aaron to me!

Team (don't know levels right now because I'm not playing right now)

Empoleon: Surf, Shadow Claw, Drill Peck, Steel Wing
Whiscash: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest
Floatzel: Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, Focus Blast
Gyarados: Surf, Ice Fang, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower
Bibarel (HM Slave): Cut, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength
Wingull (HM Slave): Fly, Defog, ???, ???

Last edited:

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
Can I sign up to this, even though I might not play heavily thanks to UMC taking up alot of time. If so, I'll take a ghost challenge on Pearl. Question, are there any Platinum exclusive ghost types?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
K, I'll add you in regardless. To answer your question, you can get a Snorunt which evolves to Froslass pre-elite four only in Platinum, but you can't get misdreavous. So its sorta a trade off.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
Years
Well, started the game, named myself Bart and my rival Barry. I picked Piplup as a starter and it barely defeated Barry's Turtwig (thanks to withdraw, i live with 5 hp). Went to Sandgem Town nicknamed Piplup 'SlashGuin', received the Pokedex, received TM 27 Return. Taught it to SlashGuin. Returned to Twinleaf Town, received the parcel. Received 5 Pokeballs from Dawn. Dominated through 202. Received the VS Recorder from Looker. Delivered the parcel. Received the Town Map. Received the Poketch. Received the Quick Claw and gave it to SlashGuin. Defeated Barry on Route 203 and saved the game.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
I'll take the Psychic challenge. I can get Abra first. Am I allowed to evolve it quick?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
that's fine, just do one. If I were you, I'd get some good egg moves in :P

and now this, taken from the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, posted by yours truly

All right guys, this is it. I beat the elite four after about 15 suicide missions. My team is still a little underleveled to be fighting the champion, but here we go.

I healed and revived everyone except Empoleon, who is barely under 1/3 health to activate his ability (which, strangely enough, is the first time I have used his ability.) Spiritomb was faster than me, but it used Embargo, and my surf took it down to about 2/3 health. I switched to Floatzel. It hit me with Psychic. I killed it with Waterfall.

She was sending out Roserade, so I switched to Gyarados. Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Flamethrower put it at 1/3 health and me almost dead. I healed and she switched to Gastrodon. I switched to Whiscash, and she missed with muddy water. I hit with Earthquake to do 1/4 damage, and she hit with Sludge Bomb to do a very little bit. We traded Earthquakes and had about the same health left (a bit under half). I used Aqua Tail to try to do a little less damage, unfortunately it put Gastrodon in the red and she hit with muddy water to put me at 7/192. She healed and I used Earthquake. I healed and she used Muddy water, which dropped accuracy. I missed with EQ, she hit with Sludge Bomb, I hit with EQ, she hit with Stone Edge, I missed another EQ, and she killed me with her own. I didn't think she was low enough for Empoleon to one hit with Surf, so I sent out Floatzel, who froze with Ice Fang. Gastrodon thawed out that turn (I hate how the game cheats like that) and almost killed me with muddy water. I sacrificed Floatzel with a Waterfall (gastrodon has the tiniest sliver) and she killed me with Stone Edge. Empoleon finished it off with Shadow Claw.

Garchomp time. I tried Gyarados to drop its attack, and Giga impact did not kill me. I used Ice fang twice, almost killed it, and he healed with his berry. But, I froze him with the second Ice Fang. Amazingly enough, he didn't defrost, and I had enough time to revive Floatzel and Whiscash, as well as to heal Floatzel, Whiscash, and Gyarados. With everyone save Empoleon at full health, I finished it with an Ice Fang. 3/6 down.

I was typing this instead of paying attention to who she was sending out, so I kept Gyarados out, expecting her to send out Roserade. She sent out Lucario instead. It did slightly under half damage to me with Dragon Pulse, and I did the same with Flamethrower. Psychic put me in the red, and flamethrower put it in the low yellow. I healed off right before Aura Sphere, which did a third of my health, and after Dragon Pulse took me to under 1/3, I killed it with Flamethrower. 2 left

Milotic. I was waiting for this. I sent out Floatzel to combat it. I was thinking that hopefully, I will be able to drop its defense if I use Crunch enough. But I forgot that I only had 2 left. Damn. I got a critical hit with my first one though, which did 1/3 damage to it, and it did the same to me with surf. I used it again to put it at half, and it failed with a Mirror Coat. I used a Max Ether on Crunch (for some reason I didn't have any normal ones) and it got a critical hit and froze me with Ice Beam. With 23/171 health left, I felt it was appropriate to use a Full Restore, but I didn't have any, so I settled for a hyper potion for now. It used Ice Beam again. I healed with an Aspear Berry and took another Ice beam. Finally I got to use Crunch, which finally dropped its defense. Surf put me at 24 health. I hyper potioned up again and it failed again with mirror coat. And then crunch got Sooooooooo close to killing it. It used Aqua Ring to heal a bit. And then a Full Restore. Ugh. Crunch dropped defense again. The next crunch did almost half health, but I took a crit surf. Aqua Ring put him at just under half. Hmmm. I went for it without healing and paid the price. I put him in red without killing him, and he killed me with surf, and Aqua Ring took him out of red. I sent out Gyarados hoping to outspeed it or for it to do something stupid, but it didn't and Gyarados died to Ice Beam. Then I did what I should have done instead and sent out Bibarel. Used his life to Revive Floatzel. For some reason, Milotic used Mirror Coat on Bibarel. Damnit, its just getting health back from stupid Aqua Ring. I tried to see if I could get off a Rock Smash to drop its Defense, but it killed me. Hmm Hmm, back to buisness. Floatzel was snt out and once again failed to kill milotic by a sliver. But this time, surf didn't kill me, and I was able to kill it with the next crunch. Phew. Just a partially damaged Roserade left.

She sent out Roserade, I used Ice Fang, and killed it. GG Cynthia. Thank god I'm done with this Challenge.

Final, Champion Team:

Caesar, the level 57 Empoleon @ Mystic Water

Surf, Shadow Claw, Steel Wing, Drill Peck
Constantly kept at under 1/3 health throughout the final elite four run, so his surf move, powered by Torrent combined with the mystic water, was strong enough to one hit Lucian's Bronzong.

Riptide, the level 54 Whiscash @ Rock Incense

Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest <--never got a heart scale to replace with Zen Headbutt, which is really the only reason I got Whiscash
Although he never learned one of his moves, he was vital both in beating the hardest Gym leader (Volkner) and the elite four (especially Aaron's Beautifly and Vespiquen).

Hydra, the level 50 Gyarados @ Wise Glasses

Ice Fang, Flamethrower, Surf, Thunderbolt
Even though he wasn't the best Special Sweeper, with his Attack Stat being double that of his Special Attack, he did his job, and he did it well. In fact, he one hit almost the entire Snowpoint Gym by himself. The Wise Glasses really helped.

Motor, the level 53 Floatzel @ Fist Plate

Focus Blast, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch
Definitely the MVP of my final team. Fast enough to outspeed everyone save Lucian's Alakazam, he was also strong. Won the game for me with his top notch performance against Milotic.

And honorable mention to my two HM Slaves

HM Slave 1, the Bibarel

Rock Climb, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

HM Slave 2, the Wingull

Fly, Defog

finally, I am on the Champion board.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
Years
Dominated Route 203, went through Orebough Gate and Mine and SlashGuin evolved!! Orebough Gym was a piece of cake.

Gym Battle: Leader Roark
Pokemon: Lv12 Geodude
Lv12 Onix
Lv14 Cranidos

Bubble went for the K.O. for Geodude and Onix and Bubble+2 Metal Claw K.O.ed Cranidos

Then I saved the game.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
Can i change to Platinum? I discovered I could only get Dusknoir and Froslass in Platinum, and they both seem like a bigger asset to the team than Mismagius. I'm planning on starting later on with Chimchar till I get Gastly, or I may trade over a Misdreavus egg. That way, I could have an almost full team.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Can i change to Platinum? I discovered I could only get Dusknoir and Froslass in Platinum, and they both seem like a bigger asset to the team than Mismagius. I'm planning on starting later on with Chimchar till I get Gastly, or I may trade over a Misdreavus egg. That way, I could have an almost full team.

Yeah, that's fine. I'm not really trying to keep track of what game everyone is using. If it makes your life easier, then go for it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ima gonna take this one with Electric though the first gym shall be absolute bloody murder. I will be using an Emulator and using Platinum

No, Opera, Pokemon don't have blood. That's why in the anime, they only get little scratches on them. It will just be normal murder. Also, good luck with Bertha.

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
Years
went back to Jubilife City, defeated the galactic grunts, dominated through to Floaroma Town defeated all galactic grunts.

Boss Battle: Team Galactic Commander Mars

Pokemon:
Lv15 Zubat
Lv17 Purugly

Piece of cake...
bubblebeam destroyed Zubat in one hit while two hit the Purugly.

Defeated 2 trainers on Route 205 and saved the game.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
( Please note my name is The Opera Ghost, not just Opera Ghost )

Im starting it on my emualtor now so i will post an update soon

No, Opera, Pokemon don't have blood. That's why in the anime, they only get little scratches on them. It will just be normal murder. Also, good luck with Bertha.

.... I Lolzed.... Oh S*it! I forgot about Bertha, i WILL do it with my powerful Luxray.

** I WILL start soon but my emulator is f**king up so im ignoring it for the moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back