• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I had started doing a Buizel Only Run before I found this thread. Can I update on it or is there another thread for solo runs?

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • My Ice Type Challenge has officially begun.

I started my journey in a realm of darkness, where a voice asked if I was a boy, and what my name was. Normally I wouldn't answer, but hey, it was a dream. What could I do? I quickly confirmed that I was male, and asked to be called Cal.

After that I awoke in my room and went downstairs, only for my mother to tell me that my friend Tyson had been looking for me. I walked towards his house, so focused on analyzing the recent T.V. show I had watched about a red gyarados in a lake that Tyson and I ran into each other when I reached his door.

He breathlessly told me that we were going to the lake right outside our hometown of Twinleaf Town. Apparently he wanted to find a pokemon in the lake. However, before I could utter a single word, he ran back into his house to get more supplies. I decided that I should follow him inside.

When I reached his room he was gathering supplies before he darted off, reminding me to meet him outside of town. I did so, and we then walked toward the lake. When we reached the lake there was already two people there. They soon left, but forgot their briefcase. Tyson demanded that we inspect it, even though that entailed us going into the dangerous tall grass.

We approached the briefcase, and found that it held three poke balls. As soon as we registered this fact, Tyson and I were forced to use the pokemon the poke balls held to defend ourselves against two vicious starlys.

With the penguin pokemon piplup at my side we had quickly slain the villainous birds. One of the two who had left there briefcase soon returned, and whisked the briefcase away, though not before seeing that Tyson and I held two of the three poke balls.

Tyson and I left the lake, for we had had enough adventures for the day. However, it seemed that this adventure was not over. We soon met the man that seemed to be the leader of the two owners of the briefcase. He said nothing about Tyson and mine stolen pokemon.

Later, my mother confirmed him to be the great Professor of Pokemon; Rowan. Heh, his name's a tree. Anyway, my adventure continued, as mother demanded I go see the noble Professor in the neighboring Town of Sandgem.

When I arrived I quickly pinpointed the great residence of the Professor. To my surprise, I once again ran into Tyson, who was leaving the noble Professor's residence. He said something about challenges and adventures.

I watched him run off, when the assistant from the lake appeared again. She christened herself Dawn, and told me that the Professor was waiting. When I knelt before the Professor, he acknowledged my presence, and beseeched me with a great task. He wanted me to fill the pokedex, as I traveled the land and proved my honor and courage in gym battles. I accepted the challenge, and received the piplup from earlier.

It was an empty gesture however, for at the price of a bidoof, I was soon sent a snorunt. She had the beautiful name of Mich'elle, and though she was Timid* by nature, I knew that we would make a great team. Dawn quickly suggested that I search for my mother's blessing before my departure, and I agreed. A short journey later, my mother gave me her blessing, and Tyson's mother asked that I deliver Tyson a package of great importance.

By the time I reached the small Town of Sandgem, Mich'elle had the good fortune to learn double team. I rested up at the poke center before I departed on my long and perilous journey.

As I was leaving the Town of Sandgem, my bag laden with potions, Dawn stopped me to give me a lesson how to handle poke balls with precision and skill. I then accepted the fair lady's parting gift of five poke balls. With that, I could be assured of my journey's success.

I quickly slew the evils that haunted the road between Sandgem Town and the great City of Jubilife. Mich'elle was in top form, even when battling the dangerous highway men and women we faced. Upon arrival at Jubilife City, Dawn told me where Tyson abided at the moment, and I quickly went off to deliver the precious goods beseeched me by Tyson's mother.

The information I had received was not faulty; Tyson was at the School of Pokemon, and I took the opportunity to relieve myself of Tyson's package. He revealed it to be two maps of high caliber. One for each of us! I accepted my map in good spirits, watching Tyson run off to train.

Soon after I tested my skills at the School training grounds, receiving the TM for Hidden Power from my success. Upon leaving the premises of the great School of Pokemon I found Jubilife City and the surrounding provinces to be a place of splendor, receiving a Quick Claw, an Old Fishing Rod, and even a fabled Poketech.

Upon leaving towards the great mining City of Oreburgh, Tyson beseeched me to accept a challenge of honor. I was the victor hands down, as they say. I then followed along the rout to Oreburgh, where, to my shock and horror, Mich'elle refused to listen to my expert advice. It almost cost her life to a villainous machop, but luckily I had a few Potions that held the power to heal a fallen comrade.

I reached the City of Oreburgh in dire need of advice, and I found that pokemon became rebellious if one did not obtain trinkets of honor and courage called gym badges. My next task was set. Upon reaching the fabled gym, I found that first I must locate the leader before I could achieve my short term goal.

I quickly located him in the mine that the City was famous for. He showed me an impressive rock smash, and returned to his honored post. Now I was one step closer to gaining the badge, and earning Mich'elle's respect.

I quickly ran to accept the challenge, depositing a geodude I had caught for future references into the ever useful PC. Upon arrival at the gym, I first had to prove my worth by defeating to trainers of high caliber. Then it was time for the great gym leader Roark!

I started off with my beautiful Mich'elle, and Roark countered with a geodude. I asked for a Powder Snow, but Mich'elle decided to use an Icy Wind instead. It was a One-Hit KO, and Mich'elle used a Double Team to confuse the newly sent out onix. I then asked for a Powder Snow, but Mich'elle ignored me, taking a serious Rock Throw. After that, she used Bide instead of Powder Snow, and fell to the Thrown Rock.

I rushed towards the Poke Center, and then I determinedly headed towards Roark. Again the foe's geodude fell to a Powder Snow. The onix soon followed suit. Last but not least, was the troublesome cranidos, to whom my Mich'elle had no advantage. Mich'elle refused to listen to me, though at the same time, she scored some good hits. After only two Powder Snows, Cranidos had only one fifth of his health. His pursuits missed, and Mich'elle took advantage of this with a Powder Snow. Mich'elle and I had won the Coal Badge! Gym Leader Roark also gave me the TM for stealth rock, and I thanked him deeply. Now I was to travel to Eterna City.

Pokemon

Mich'elle the Snorunt
    @ Quick Claw
    Timid nature

~ Powder Snow
    ~ Icy Wind
    ~ Bide
    ~ Double Team

HM Slaves On Hand

Geodude
    Mild nature

~ Rock Smash

Badges

Coal Badge, from Oreborgh Gym

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Very nicely done, eveelution! I loved reading your story. I'm so sorry that poor Mich'elle won't obey your orders. Gardenia will allow up to 30.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Thanks, I was wondering how my story would be recieved!

Also, Mich'elle was the first female I hatched, and it happens to have one of the most liked natures for Froslass; Timid! Oh, yeah!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Thanks, I was wondering how my story would be recieved!

Also, Mich'elle was the first female I hatched, and it happens to have one of the most liked natures for Froslass; Timid! Oh, yeah!
    Ooh, Timid is one of my favorite two natures. I like timid for my special sweepers and jolly for my physical sweepers.
    What do you mean by "that thread"? Is there a thread for solo runs somewhere?
    Yeah, I made a solo run thread on this forum. Its called something simple like D/P/Pt solo run challenge or something

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    GAME LOG 1

ok a lot to get through here

- got turtwig as a starter
    - made my way to jubilife went north into the cave (forget name)
    - caught the first member of my team ZUBAT
    - ditched turtwig battled all the tariners in and around the city
    - GRIND
    - took on rival and WON
    - made my way to oreburgh city ha d to tarin for ages
    - FINALLY took down ROAK 2 goes
    - went back to jubilife beat galactic grunts
    - went through floaroma did the whole galactic thing
    - same with the eterna forrest
    - gaught the second part of my team HOOT HOOT
    - levelled up my hoot hoot
    - easily beat GARDENIA
    - beat galactic again
    - got the bike and went down cycling road
    - caught the third member of my team GLIGAR

CURRENT TEAM

golbat lv 29
    wing attack
    bite
    astonish
    confuse ray

noctowl lv 25
    hypnosis
    confusion
    return
    peck

gligar lv 22
    faint attack
    earthquake
    quick attack
    sand attack

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Ill take Poisen type
    Ill be using platinum
    Just can i trade eggs ovr to make it easier for me casue i like more pokemon not i nthe sinnoh dex

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Update time :)

-Started for Mt. Coronet after beating Cyrus and a commander whose name I can't remember
    -Grinding for both Gabite and Boulder, and Gabite evolved!
    -Beat the 2 commanders, then went into the confusing Distortion World
    -Beat Cyrus, then waited for night so I could use a Dusk Ball on Giratina
    -Finally caught Giratina with a Dusk Ball after numerous soft resets
    -Defeated Volkner with ease of course
    -Now I have an HM slave dilemma. Bibarel is full of HMs so I can't teach it Waterfall. I don't have any Pokemon that can learn Cut, Fly, AND Defog so I decided to get another Bibarel and give it the same HMs with Waterfall in place of Cut. I don't think I'll need that before the E4.

Current Team:

Boulder - Lv48
    Spr_4p_075.png

Rock Blast
    Magnitude
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

Garchomp - Lv52
    Holding Soft Sand
    Spr_4p_445_f.png
    (All this time I've been using the male sprite, when she's really female -_-)
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Dig
    Aerial Ace

Turtle - Lv54
    Spr_4p_389.png

Earthquake
    Crunch
    Giga Drain
    Razor Leaf

Gastrodon - Lv57
    Spr_4p_423.png

Surf
    Mud Bomb
    Blizzard
    Water Pulse

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Im actually using my Pearl game so i can play it on my Dsi and not on my Computer.

===

• Got Chimchar named Ambidextro ( Lol )
    • Beat Starly lol.
    • Got Pokedex, Journal, Etc etc.
    • Looked for a Shinx and found him on my first try.
    • Caught him and named him Electro
    • Grinded him to level 6 before any trainers
    • Beat all them easily.
    • ============
    • Done Jublife Crap
    • Beat Rival on 3rd Try. His Piplup kept getting crits in.
    • Grinded in the Mine and evolved Electro.
    • Took on Rourk And beat him on 3rd try too.
    Team Stats :

images

Electro/Luxio
    Bashful
    Level 18
    Moves : Tackle, Spark, Charge, Bite.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Just started picked turwig beat my rival thats all so far plan on catching a zubat soon

So my game like frose and so i have to start over so i startd over named my character DED hes a boy
    Rival name is Jake
    I picked Piplup beat his turwig

Poisen update
    .Got to jublife got the pokechech
    .Caught a Budew deposited piplup
    .Beat my rival with budew
    .Plan on catching zubat

LVL 12

Absorb
    Growth
    Water Sprout
    Stunspore

Last edited:

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
  • Ok continuing in Eterna Forest:
    defeated 2 psychic sin a double battle, defeated 2 bug catchers, and SlashGuin leveled up to LV. 26, and once again defeated 2 psychics and finally gone through Eterna Forest and received a Soothe Bell for reward.
    And saved the game.

Pokemon:

Lv.26 SlashGuin------>Prinplup
    Rash Nature
    Moves:
    Peck
    Metal Claw
    Return
    Bubble beam

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Tis' a beautiful morn' as I strolled through the caves connecting Oreborgh and Jubilife. I believe I have discovered why Mich'elle is rebelling so; she prefers to enhance her evasion before attacking with uncontained ferocity.

My hypothesis was disproven by Mich'elle's actions not a moment later. I sighed and continued on my merry way.

Upon reaching Jubilife, many things happened at once. Galactic villains attacked the great Professor, though I and Lady Dawn quickly defeated the grunts. They ran off, and a spectator gave me a fashion case. I then traveled towards the quaint Floaroma Town.

I stopped only to heal Mich'elle, and then went on to the next route. Barely upon leaving the town, a helpless little girl ran up to me, distraught because the villainous Galactics had taken her father hostage. I ran to the Windworks, and battled the guard. The coward locked himself in the building, but in a lapse of intelligence he told me were to find his cohorts who held a key.

I ran to the flower field to the north of Floaroma town and challenged the two cohorts. A quick battle later, I held a key to the windworks, and a jar of honey from the person the cohorts had been terrorizing.

I stormed Windworks, striking down Galactic Grunts left and right. Then I faced the commander behind it all. She called herself Commander Mars, and we engaged in a vicous battle.

She sent out a zubat, who Mich'elle viciously destroyed with an Icy Wind. The battle increased her level to 20 and she was ready for the purugly.

A double team which Mich'elle took as false protection. She was struck hard, but I restored her heath with a potion. Whence I ordered an attack, she used another Double team instead, and once again a potion was needed. Purugly then took a small Icy Wind. The potions had yet to fail me. I switched tactics to Headbutts, and the Double Teams finally pulled through against a scratch attack. Again I tried my luck at a Headbutt, but Mich'elle used Powder Snow. Purugly restored itself with an Oran berry, before once again not hitting Mich'elle. Then the purugly again used scratch, and a potion was once again needed. A faint attack did little damage before I ordered a Headbutt. However, Mich'elle took a nap!

I kept using potions until Mich'elle's health was at full upon which I ordered a Headbutt. She woke up and ignored me, using an Icy Wind. She then spent the next turn loafing around. I'm starting to run low on potions. Mich'elle then used a powerful Headbutt before using Icy Wind.

Cries of retreat ran through the building, and a daughter was paired with her papa once again. All in a good days work.

Pokemon

Mich'elle @ Quick Claw
    Snorunt, Timid
    Female, Lv. 20

~ Icy Wind
    ~ Powder Snow
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Double Team

HM slave
    Geodude
    Male

~ Rock Smash

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • That's it. When finals are over, I'm going to do a Bibarel run. Probably four battling Bibarels, 1 HM Slave Starly (Fly, Defog), and 1 HM Slave Bibarel (Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Rock Climb).

Years
  • That's it. When finals are over, I'm going to do a Bibarel run. Probably four battling Bibarels, 1 HM Slave Starly (Fly, Defog), and 1 HM Slave Bibarel (Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Rock Climb).

so am I right to join?

got my first badge

Team:
    Bibarel Lv 16
    water gun
    defence curl
    rollout
    tackle

Starly Lv 13
    quick attack
    growl
    wing attack