• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    hehehe, i could catch all 385 (or 386?) in i wanted to

but i wont explain how. HACKERS ONLY!!
    Spoiler:

whoops!

ontopic

man zel! this game gets better adn better as i go!

oh and again, that silver thing happened to me like the last beta

the rom i patched it on is perfect, no one hacked over it, so i dont know why it wont let me battle him

first i would talk to him, he would just talk, and when i talked ot him again, he did the same thing but moved one forward.

when i went outside and came back in, he did the same thing!

I WANT TO FIGHT HIM! lol

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zel! ANOTHER glitch... and this one's really weird! :\

This is the original rival battle you have in the Goldenrod TR event.

I chose Totodile as my starter. Proof:
    f_PokemonFi_06aem_80f01091.png

And then Silver used Feraligatr! And didn't have a Meganium in his party at all. Proof:
    f_PokemonFi_06aem_7e532ef7.png

I like my Ampharos <3

Zel, B3's got some weird stuff in it. I've posted so many glitches & mapping/scripting errors... xD

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Yeah marz, the rival battle in the underground area, its already on the glitch list, when i battled him, Silver got a Meganium, while i had Typholsion as my starter, XD so lucky me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    list.. of... codes...? What do you mean...? You want to cheat?!:shocked:

EDIT: @Myzou: If carlos zel lives anywhere near the Buenos Aires area it's probably around 4:10 AM right now. So I wouldn't count on the Beta to be released anytime soon in the day.

no,no,no the warp codes, so i can get deoxys

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Hey Zel, are you putting pokemon like they are in the guide or just wherever you feel like? If you are putting them wherever you like, can you tell me where to find a Houndour

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah marz, the rival battle in the underground area, its already on the glitch list, when i battled him, Silver got a Meganium, while i had Typholsion as my starter, XD so lucky me.

Niiice lol. And oops, didn't think that was on the glitch list... heh... My bad. Well I've got another glitch found that I don't think is on the glitch list. I'll check anyway *goes to first post*
    I'll edit this as soon as I know.

EDIT: Yep, the glitch I found is posted. It's the rebel Cut Tree in Mahogany with super awesome mega rebel powers to not be cut. Good thing I looked...

Hey Zel, are you putting pokemon like they are in the guide or just wherever you feel like? If you are putting them wherever you like, can you tell me where to find a Houndour

I'm guessing, since this is a pretty close-to-gold-remake that Houndour will be right outside Celadon City. Just as it always was.

Well, Zel. I just finished B3. I must say that that last battle with Zel Carlos, was the LONGEST battle I've ever been in! Chansey AND Snorlax?! I bit too much defense & HP stat for me. Good thing I had my trusty Whiscash :)

Last edited:

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
  • hey im new love the hack

i have had the rival Feraligatr glitch to

so it was Feraligatr vs Feraligatr +

i beat that ard guy on b2 then put b3 on ( still the same save ) and i walked through
    that bug place and had to vs him again

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    hey im new love the hack

i have had the rival Feraligatr glitch to

so it was Feraligatr vs Feraligatr +

i beat that ard guy on b2 then put b3 on ( still the same save ) and i walked through
    that bug place and had to vs him again

It's a bad idea to put a patch on an already-patched game. You may have excessive glitches. Get a clean FR ROM and start B3 from scratch to make sure you only get glitches that are listed on the glitch list on the first post. If you post any glitches that aren't on the first post, and you didn't get a clean ROM, it's most likely that the glitch is not going to occur on a clean FR patched ROM (that didn't make sense, but you know what I mean).

Years
  • Wow.. good job Zel, this hack is brilliant! I wanted to start playing after B3 was out, and theres a harder version soo.. I am playing it right now, and Carlos at the beginning is really hard, I died already, and the stupid slowpoke keeps yawning me while using curse while my pokemon is asleep, then tackling it to death, oh well, I got past it but forgot to heal and died by a pidgey... -.-

Anyway, I'm sure the hard version will be really fun, and a great challenge! xD

P.S. That also reminds me, You should do silver when your finished, like, replace lugia and Ho-oh and their respective levels, and the silver wing that you get instead of the rainbow wing, and then just replace the beginning to lugia instead of Ho-oh, and whala! you got Shiny Silver!! But, that will be when your done, if ya want, xD

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    NEW GLITCH.... i think

when i went to battle the "shiny garados" the sprite of it was me.
    not when i was battling it when i was walking to it it was using the hero sprite

THATS not a glitch, zels too lazy to bother with replacing those sprites...

Would anyone happen to know how to evolve Graveler?

thats something you need to figure out yourself.

EDIT: why does everyone think there needs to be two versions, why not have one thing in all to save the trouble.

Sweet Love

&#9829;~N/A~&#9829;
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    To zel:
    I don't think it's a great idea to put all the pokemon (or almost) in this version. Better seperate it into 2 version.
    If people download it and patch it to their SD card and play on Gameboy Advance then they should trade fine.
    And if people play on emulators in computer, they can still trade with the support of vbalink (use on one computer, LAN connection or even Internet Connection).
    That makes the people get more exciting :)
    And you should repoint pokemon's data, item data to prevent cheating (people still can use FR cheat codes) and to prevent trading
    from R/S/E/FR/LG :)
    Thanks for reading...

Last edited:

BlackLabel-Atreyu

Shikamaru - The Lazy Genius
    Years
  • Well that's fine with me, but will it actually evolve yet? I mean I know it says in the faq that they all should, but I mean the game is still a bit early on...
    And thanks for answering all my questions man :D
    I appreciate it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I'm not quoting flipboi, Shurikenway, and marz' glitches reports because I'll need to have a word with them personally. But, still, check out their posts! (I'll update the first post this Wednesday, when I have a free day. Who in the world should be having a Summer Course at Uni, besides me? XD)

About glitches posts, there's no need to say if it happened in SG or SGX, because they'll all happen in both versions. However, if it's about trainer battles stuff, it'll be necessary.

I went straight into SGX, which is a real challenge, but its brilliant and I've finished it

I've only had a few of the bugs that people are talking about here, but I've had quite a few that maybe (I read through the last few pages pretty quickly so not sure) haven't been mentioned.

1. If you interact with the thing covering the stairs leading to mahogany hideout the game freezes (luckily i saved beforehand)
    2. After you beat TR in mahogany, and you go through that gateway place where TR usually charge $1000, apparently there must be some invisible rockets still there, because I got charged $1000 even though the only person there was the normal gateway person. Also when the TR guy heals our pokemon at this place, his sprite changes.
    3. . You can't use FLY or TELEPORT in the sea or inside the whirl islands.
    4. I think that the only way you can escape tin tower after catching HO-OH (I CAUGHT HO-OH WOO HOO!!! took ages tho lol) is via an escape rope.
    5.Are there meant to be wild pokemon just outside ice cave? (in the tiles near carlos that are coloured like ice)

I'm not sure about normal SG but this all occurred in SGX.

PS WOOHOO i caught squirtle (not saying where) but false swipe is a must.

1. It's just another lol thing. I put that box with no script... lol
    2. I'll go test it when I have time, and I reach the Toll, 'cause as far as I remember they never charged me again ('cause they weren't there anymore). And "the TR guy heals our pokemon at this place his sprite changes". I'm not sure of... which "TR guy", and which "this place", not even to mention that no TR guy should heal pokes (only Lance at TR's base, but his sprite didn't change). Anyway... I'm far to test it, and without time. (Maybe telling me what other things you were doing previoulsy helps)
    3. That's right, I wonder which Island Map I used that doesn't lets you Teleport or Fly? (Probable one of those rare Sevii ones). Will I need to make that map again? NoOoOoOo...!!!
    4. Why do u say that? (Have I forgotten to make the warp back to the interior work?) Well, at least, you could got out :)
    5. Oh... Wild pokes jump out of those tiles? Really? (I guess I just battled Carlos and never played around those tiles... lol)
    Thanks for that glitching info

So, in a spoiler tag, can you say what new things will be added to Kanto other than pokes that weren't there before, and rivals?

Spoiler:

Brillant hack its pretty much a exact replica of gold and silver do u hav a hacking group if u do can i join or team up with u to make hacks

I don't have a hacking group... for now. It's all about me against the world... That's not a funny comment... :P

My only complaint about this hack is that some pokemon are way too rare.

Other than that, wonderful ... amazing ... superb

Yes, I'm sure you missed a lot of Hoenn Pokes, they had answered a bit to your post. The idea is to have the Hoenn poke only for your "I want to catch all of them" pleasure, if you don't want to have them, you could ignore them. Not that they'll be showing up a lot, they usually are very well hidden so it'd look like Gold on the outside.

Anyways, as my first post says. It's not a 100% Gold Remake (if the word "Remake" doesn't fits with your opinion, well, it's just a word... XD :P)

no,no,no the warp codes, so i can get deoxys

Well... I think I've destroyed Deoxys Island T_T (Maybe not?, I don't quite remember...)

To zel:
    I don't think it's a great idea to put all the pokemon (or almost) in this version. Better seperate it into 2 version.
    If people download it and patch it to their SD card and play on Gameboy Advance then they should trade fine.
    And if people play on emulators in computer, they can still trade with the support of vbalink (use on one computer, LAN connection or even Internet Connection).
    That makes the people get more exciting :)
    And you should repoint pokemon's data, item data to prevent cheating (people still can use FR cheat codes) and to prevent trade from R/S/E/FR/LG :)
    Thanks for reading...

Well... I never liked the idea of having two versions of the same game with just pokes differences (that's Nintendo's Marketing strategy, not mine...). Obviously, there may be people who enjoyed having to trade. But, hey... I think trade still works, so you can still trade with your friend (though I'm not responsible if you go to those tournaments and they ask you where you've gotten your Ho-Oh and it says "gotten at Island8" :P)

And... well... to cheaters... You know what I think... (not even "Game enhacers..." XD) I'm not gonna repoint stuff just to avoid that. Besides, that'd make me lose the trading ability with other games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    I dont know if this happened to anyone else, but it seems silver has camped in the tower with the 3 dogs and he aint gonna go. Ive already released the dogs, but he is still there. But its not such big problem because it doesnt disturb the game and i have already beaten him in the underground(but when i looked the tower he was still there xD).

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    More bugs I',m afraid....

1. The ladder in this picture leads to the scenario in picture 2. Note that you can reach the area in this picture if you go up the ladder in this picture from the place that this ladder is supposed to lead to (not sure if that makes much sense but hopefully you'll know what I mean)
    2. A battle colloseum in the whirl islands? (As a result of going down the ladder in picture 1) must be a bug...
    3 and 4. No way of escape.
    5. Theres a guy on the railway track!

I can't display the TR guy that heals your pokes without starting over again. Its the same guy that charges $1000 in the same place where TR charge $1000. Before entering I had healed my pokes at the real PC, then I fought ard, then I saved the game. Then TR charged me $1000, then I talked to the male Rocket on the left and he offered to heal my pokes, and he did so. The female one on the right said something like "Bill's PC stores 30 pokemon in each box". I honestly thought that him healing your pokes was just something you added lol.

Also, quick question - if this is a gold remake, will the likes of ledyba, delibird, skarmory, vulpix etc be in the game, except pretty rare?

My only complaint about this hack is that some pokemon are way too rare.
    Especially the 3rd Gens, I had no idea you could catch a a Roselia outside of Union Cave
    Who knows how many others I missed, I cant spend like 3 hours per grassy patch, I wish some of the pokemon popped up more frequently. (im kicking myself wondering if i missed any rares)

Other than that, wonderful ... amazing ... superb

Hmm....well I reckon that if you train long enough (I had to train in various places for a while in SGX) you'll find the rare ones eventually. I've caught quite a lot of 3rd gens. Out of the ones I've seen in the wild, I've only missed nosepass, claydol (I saw a claydol but not a baltoy! wierd!), lotad, seedot, poochyena and mightyena EDIT: add kirlia to that list (because I didn't hang around at those areas for long) although its annoying when a rare mightyena pops up and roars at you, or kirlia pops up and then teleports....oh well, I guess if they were easy to catch it wouldnt be as much fun.

You can trade with other games, so no need to search 6 hours for that Roselia. But has anyone tried trading with OTHER VERSIONS? I really need to know...

You can trade with FR/LG but not R/S/E so its a good idea to finish FR (like I have), so that you can trade any national pokemon.

PS I saw two roselias and two wingulls in two hours, and I got a gengar...w/o trading!!! (no I didn't catch it)

Last edited:

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
  • It's a bad idea to put a patch on an already-patched game. You may have excessive glitches. Get a clean FR ROM and start B3 from scratch to make sure you only get glitches that are listed on the glitch list on the first post. If you post any glitches that aren't on the first post, and you didn't get a clean ROM, it's most likely that the glitch is not going to occur on a clean FR patched ROM (that didn't make sense, but you know what I mean).

i put a b3 on a b2 and i have had no more troubles than anyone else has reported so if i get glitches i will start over

anyway nothing has gone wrong and i have done the rival battle at the ice cave

oh yeah and that charizard he is my leafgreen starter and he really is shiny

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Ah well, it'll stop all those stupid n00bie netbattlers that just use sweeper Deoxys.

Doesn't anyone read the front page anymore? Zel, you could put something on the front page, like, "I quit, it's over", and I don't think anyone would notice! Lol, jk. No meanness meant through that.

Ok, thanks for those new details about Kanto...T_T; lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back